Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #91
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Oh no! The last full day? How sad! I still love the idea of staying at a monorail resort and just going to MK and Epcot and all the other connecting resorts for meals! Stinks that you didn't have as good a time at Whispering Canyon. I always wanted to try that place but only with a bigger group of people.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 02-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #92
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Pumpkin spice Ghirardelli? How was that? I have never seen that.
It was actually really good! I'm normally not a huge fan of pumpkin flavored things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Oh no! The last full day? How sad! I still love the idea of staying at a monorail resort and just going to MK and Epcot and all the other connecting resorts for meals! Stinks that you didn't have as good a time at Whispering Canyon. I always wanted to try that place but only with a bigger group of people.
I loved staying on the monorail loop, it really spoils a person. I enjoyed not having to wake up super early to check a bus early to make it to rope drop on time.
I wish they would change the menu back to the old one, I would go back every trip. It would definitely be fun to go with a big group of people. I love the atmosphere!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #93
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

3AM...Can We Make It?

The 2 second ride was excellent, we walked the maze of an exit and found Chelsea waiting for us at the end of it playing on her phone. Ryan (Alicia’s friend from school & dcp) met up with us.

Look at all the NU students…

Later on in the night we would be running into 2 more NU students.
Our big group traveled over to the haunted mansion. With a big group no one had to ride alone which was nice, because who would ever want to ride haunted mansion by themselves? During this time I got to tell Ryan how sad I was that Lilo wasn’t in fantasmic the night I went. He apologized.

As we excited the haunted mansion we ran into Jess (DisneyFreak508) and Miranda (the other 2 NU students) So the 7 college friends said their hellos and then we went our own way.

We headed to frontierland to ride Splash mountain, then we walked back to space to use our fastpasses.

After our ride through space we all decided to get a little snack. We all split up in every which way and decided to meet back up on main street. Brittany Chelsea and I headed to Adventureland to get a dole whip, when we were waiting in line Chelsea decided that she wasn’t a fan of pineapple and that she was going to go back to Main Street to get a mickey bar.

Me and Brittany enjoyed our dole whips on the walk back to Main Street. We met up with Alicia and Andy who went to a vender and got some popcorn, Keirsten Primo and Ryan went to Casey’s corner. Chelsea was MIA but we soon saw her walking towards us. We then all found some tables right outside of the ice cream parlor.

After everyone finished Keirsten, Primo and Ryan decided to call it a night. The rest of us made a game plan. Some of the group wanted to leave soon, WHAT?! The Magic Kingdom is open till 3 am we can’t go back to the room yet!

So we decided to take a nice stroll through the castle.

We took a spin on the carousel, since Alicia made a comment about how she wanted a picture on it from the mnsshp night but that never happened.

lets try to contain our excitement!

We then walked all the way to frontierland for one last ride on Big Thunder, then walked all the way over for our last ride of the night Space Mountain!!!

To infinity and Beyond!!!

We then took a nice stoll back to Main Street where we browsed the shops, I still didn’t finish getting things for my family, I was on a misson. Of course what I was looking for was not in stock or even there. Just my luck.

We decided to say goodbye to the magic kingdom, tomorrow we were going home. Since it was maybe 2:15am the monorails were down for the night so we had to take a boat back to the Gflo. Let me tell you it took forever! We we arrived the boat was just leaving. So we took a seat on the bench, then more and more people showed up. Finally the boat arrived and our group was the first to run in line because we had been waiting the longest, there was a cute family next to us who told everyone that we were there first and that they were next!

I let my eyes have a little rest on our way back to the Gflo, soon we arrived and were had to make the long trek back to the room. We got back to the room a little after 2:30, we packed up all our bags and hit the hay.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #94
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Sorry your meal at WCC was such a disappointment! I am so resistant to change, I would be so upset if I went to a meal I had loved in the past and been looking forward to only to find it so different. And one slice of cake for you to all share is a little more than ridiculous!!

I love MK at night! Everything seems so different in the dark and in the middle of the night. Never ridden Dumbo at night, so we might have to try that. I bet it gives a whole new perspective! And note to self, do NOT lift up Paxton like Simba while riding, that's apparently a no-no. I swear, some people have no sense!!! I have my arm locked tight around him to make sure he doesn't make any sudden moves and fall out the elephant!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
Old 02-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #95
RachelNinja

I love your pose on Space Mountain especially with your Buzz hoodie! Awesome!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

Old 02-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #96
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Sorry your meal at WCC was such a disappointment! I am so resistant to change, I would be so upset if I went to a meal I had loved in the past and been looking forward to only to find it so different. And one slice of cake for you to all share is a little more than ridiculous!!

I love MK at night! Everything seems so different in the dark and in the middle of the night. Never ridden Dumbo at night, so we might have to try that. I bet it gives a whole new perspective! And note to self, do NOT lift up Paxton like Simba while riding, that's apparently a no-no. I swear, some people have no sense!!! I have my arm locked tight around him to make sure he doesn't make any sudden moves and fall out the elephant!
It was such a sad meal, I understand sometimes you need change but I was not a fan of this change.
There is just something about the MK at night. It has to be that it starts to die down and those music loops in the background. I just love it! Dumbo is beautiful at night. But really why would you ever lift your kid up in the air? Why would you ever think that would be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I love your pose on Space Mountain especially with your Buzz hoodie! Awesome!
Thank You! It was definitely one of the better poses I ever did
Old 02-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #97
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Now It's Time to Say Goodbye to All Our Company

We woke up on our last day in Disney, our last morning waking up at the Gflo. We finished up packing up our stuff and went down to the fron to send our luggage to the airport. While we were in line a bellhop came over to take our carry ons so we all put out stuff on there. Brittany and I got in the line to send off our luggage. It was our turn and Brittany’s luggage was to heavy…so we opened up our suitcases and crammed some into mine. Then our luggage was on their way back home.

Chelsea was taking a different flight home so she waited in line to get her boarding pass, which then she had to get her suitcase from the bellhop. I’m not to sure why she actually but her luggage on the cart when we were getting in our luggage checked through. Al I knew is it took FOREVER for her, I don’t know what the hold up was.

The 4 of us waiting were getting crabby because we didn’t have very long till we had to leave and we were planning on going to DTD for a couple hours. After the whole luggage hassle we ran to the bus stop and we waited, thank god for that TV with the times! As we waited a CM was going around surveying people about what they liked and disliked of the new TV with bus times….um I LOVED IT!

A DTD bus arrived and we had about 1 hour to shop & hang out.
First stop world of Disney, still had to finishing getting souvenirs for my family and by that I had Ma & Gma left.

I ended up picking up a Tshirt for Gramma that matches my blue pull over so we can be matching all the time! And then I didn’t find what I was looking for, for Ma. The last thing I was looking for was the Halloween shirt, and of course there were none.

Since there was no Halloween shirts, my eyes landed on this beauty which I never got…

Before leaving I snapped a picture of my future place of employment (One of my Disney dream jobs)

After the horrible WoD experience we went over to Earls to grab lunch for the airport. There at Earls I got a total of 7 sandwiches Yes 7! 2 were for me (one for lunch and one for dinner) and then my family wanted me to bring them home a sandwich

One of two bags

We were soon running out of time so we ran over to Goofys to use up our snacks.

Can someone please tell me how someone goes about eating one of these?

We left an hour for transportation because the DTD buses always take forever. It was a good thing we did because our bus back to the Gflo was a good 30-40 minute ride.

Once we arrived Chelsea ran up to the gift shop because they had the Halloween Shirts there. We said goodbye to Chelsea and she was off to check onto her magical express bus.

Brittany and me took a pit stop at the restrooms, which might I add are real fancy!
(this picture doesn’t even capture it)

There we went up to the gift shop to get us the shirts. When we arrived they didn’t have our size, cool! So we never got our Halloween shirt….
We browsed all the shops because we had a good half hour till the magical express came to pick us up. That’s when Brittany found the most perfect shirt ever!

It was like $35 so we didn’t purchase it.
But I do own it now in pink because Alicia found it at cast connections for $7!!!

Anyways, Brittany walked over to the pool to use up her last quick service credit where she got some type of sandwich and a cupcake which I don’t think lasted the plan ride back home.

Alicia and Andy arrived back from DTD and we got our carry ons from the bellhop. When we were getting ready to leave we saw a limo pull up and a wedding party arriving. Once again…Can I please get married in Disney World?!

We said our goodbyes and talked about when we would visit Alicia next. We came up with a trip during winter break and that we should look for cheap flights. Our bus came, we got on, and we were then pulling away from the Gflo….

On our way to the airport Brittany ate her sandwich as I cried.

The bus ride back was uneventful, when we arrived to the airport we browsed the disney store in hopes for Halloween shirts…nope. We then went through security and found our gate. As we waited we worked on homework, and I ate my holiday earl sandwich.
Brittany took a picture of all the passes we collected on this trip

They started boarding & we noticed that Jess (DisneyFreak508) was also on our flight home. We were flying JetBlue home so I was excited about tv and blue chips. Unfortunately my headphone jack wasn’t working all I could hear was the audience laughing really loud. We landed, got our bags and went home back to reality….back to school the next morning…

Overall this trip was something I will never forget. The Gflo, MNSSHP, and the happy and crabby moments. SEE YA REAL SOON!!!!

On the last day of the trip there was talk about a Disney trip over winter break, yes it really did happen you can find that trip report here : Acca-Believe it...You're in Disney!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #98
RachelNinja

Don't quite know how someone eats those fancy apples, but the "plain" ones that have just the caramel and chocolate on them are divine! I love them because I feel like I get some fruit with my sugar fix.

Yum to EoS! When my cousins and I took Amtrak to Florida, we each picked up 2 sandwiches to take on the 20+ hour ride back. Much better than any super expensive food we could've purchased on the train itself. I just wish it wasn't such a hassle to make it all the way to DTD just to pick up sandwiches for the ride home! My DH and I did the same during our Christmas trip for the plane.

If I worked at Disney and had access to Cast Connections, I don't think I'd ever have any money left from my paycheck!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #99
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Sorry your last morning didn't go quite as smoothly as planned. I did get a kick out of you buying SEVEN EoS sandwiches though!! That's hilarious.

I have never understood how to eat those intricate candy apples either? They are really pretty and photogenic though.

This was such a great & fun TR! I really enjoyed reading along, and of course, I'm loving your current one as well, so I don't have to feel too sad about this one coming to an end.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: