Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
jaylensmom
Mouseketeer

How Much Time In Parks...Help!!!!!!

I know this has probably been asked a zillion times so I apologize…I’m new (first timer) and overwhelmed to planning for Disney World…that said…
We’ll be there in June (7-14 but the 8th will be our first park day). I’m wondering do you really spend all day in AK and HS? Does it really take all day to do what you want to do/see what you want to see? Can you do it all in one day? Don’t get me wrong I don’t plan to drag my family (my DS8, sister, and parents) around like a maniac but I’m trying to determine how much time I should devote to these parks…
jaylensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
huntforjulia
Earning My Ears

We spent all day but we love those parks. Decide what your must do's are, get there early knock them out and then just enjoy. Check out threads here on the dis for lots of great information and easywdw.com he gives what parks to tour on what days and why he chooses those days. There is Lots of good information out there do some research and you will have a Great trip.
huntforjulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
mcraige
DIS Veteran

We've never managed an entire day at AK, and if we get there at rope drop, have only stayed long enough to see the parade one time. I know we're probably missing a lot, but that's just the way it works out.

HS is another story. We always spend an entire day there. Part of it is driven by the need to be there at rope drop to ride TSM, and F! not being until park close. Also, the amount of walking we seem to do seems to be disporportionately high compared to the other parks for the number of rides/attractions. I need to figure out why.
Disney World May 1998 - Off Site; September 1998 - Off Site; October 1999 - Off Site; March 2000 - All Star Music; March 2002 - All Star Movies; March 2004 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2006 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); December 2007 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); November 2010 - Old Key West (DVC); July 2011 - Off Site; November 2012 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2013 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); May/June 2014 - Beach Club Villas/Kidani Village Vero Beach March 2004, July 2009 Disney Cruise Line May 2003, July 2009 Disneyland December 2002/January 2003 - Off Site; August 2008 - Off Site
mcraige is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: