Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #16
chimilady
DIS Veteran

In September, I tried to use all $50 in one transaction at T-Rex and we could not do it.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #17
DisneyEater
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivianmarie244 View Post
Or can I fudge his birthday so we can get it before we go?
Wondering this as well, not to be sneaky, but because I will never be in WDW near my birthday.
DisneyEater is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #18
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimilady View Post
In September, I tried to use all $50 in one transaction at T-Rex and we could not do it.
I am going in Oct and wondering if I can use all $50 at T-rex since our birthdays are in Oct. I am waiting to join to see if this will work but now you have given me doubts!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #19
mmaikisch
Mouseketeer

Not sure if you can combine rewards with coupons, however you can use a gift card to pay for your meal, and the Landrys gift cards cost $80 for $100 gift card at costco, so it's kind of like using a 20% off coupon =)
mmaikisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #20
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

Read online to call T-Rex instead of using wdw.com to make dining reservations so I did, and I got an earlier seating, which is what we wanted!

I also asked the woman if i could use both my $25 for joining and $25 for birthday and she said YES, with no hesitation!!!!! Who doesnt love some free money, esp when it comes to Disney World!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #21
jc040404
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimilady View Post
We used all fifty in June of this year with no issue. I had also emailed Landry's prior to the meal to make sure this was allowed. The reply said yes.

We were NOT able to use our AP discount with Landry's Select on a later visit. It was one or the other. We did not have any rewards to redeem on that meal. We simply could not earn more when using the discount.
jc040404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #22
bargirl95
Earning My Ears

Can you use the card at counter service? My daughter is special needs and table service is not easy.
bargirl95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #23
tzeitel
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivianmarie244 View Post
My husband's birthday is October 15th but we are going Sept 20-28th. Will we get the $25 birthday rewards in time? Or can I fudge his birthday so we can get it before we go?
You get the birthday reward on the birthday month and it is good until the 15th of the next month (so yours will be good all of Oct until Nov 15th)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paysensmom View Post
Can you add family members birthdays or just your own?
One birthday per account. Our account is in my name but I put DH's birthday since it worked for our trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhuff View Post
I am going in Oct and wondering if I can use all $50 at T-rex since our birthdays are in Oct. I am waiting to join to see if this will work but now you have given me doubts!
You can use the $25 reward you get for opening the account and one birthday reward (if your visit falls during the birthday month and a half) at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargirl95 View Post
Can you use the card at counter service? My daughter is special needs and table service is not easy.
Y&Y CS is not run by Landry's so the rewards & Landry's gift cards cannot be used there.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #24
HoosierDaddy71
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzeitel View Post
You get the birthday reward on the birthday month and it is good until the 15th of the next month (so yours will be good all of Oct until Nov 15th)
It doesn't always expire exactly on the 15th of the following month. Last year on our Oct trip, it was a few days past the 15th when we went and the credit for my Sept BDay was still good. However, a big YMMV on that because if it is not on the card, there is not much you can do. But you could get lucky, too.

Next trip - 10/2014 Universal/Beach/MNSSHP
Previous trips:
10/2013 - Silver Lake Resort
10/2012 - CBR
10/2010 - Vacation Villias at FW
11/1999 - Timeshare
7/1987 - Off site
HoosierDaddy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #25
pilesoflaundry
it doesn't get scratched as often as I like

Quote:
Originally Posted by auger View Post
Thanks for your reply!
So you were able to use both rewards on the same check?

This is what I am looking at. We are going down in April.
Both of our birthdays are in April.
That would give us $100 total to use towards eating there.

Even if we could only use $50 at a time (since each of us would have a different account) that would still be a great deal.

If I could find a coupon of some sort and could use that as well, even better!

Anyone else know about being able to use a coupon with these rewards?

You can use 1 card per check, as many rewards as you have but no coupons with rewards has been my experience. Also you earn points for buying gift cards and in certain retail stores but not on alcohol in some states. Rfc gift shop doesn't earn points but has 10% off. Any amount of rewards used doesn't earn points.

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a soldier in combat boots.

WDW June 2008, 2009x2 June and Sept., Sept. 2011
DL and DCA June 2013
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #26
emilyhuff
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if you can use the reward money you get towards alcoholic purchases at T-rex? It says some states allow it but i cannot for the life of me find the listing of applicable states!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #27
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
We used all fifty in June of this year with no issue. I had also emailed Landry's prior to the meal to make sure this was allowed. The reply said yes.

We were NOT able to use our AP discount with Landry's Select on a later visit. It was one or the other. We did not have any rewards to redeem on that meal. We simply could not earn more when using the discount.
I'm glad you got that response. But I was pretty caught off guard. It was our arrival night, I was tired, the girls were crying because they were scared of the dinos (who knew?) and they gave us such a hard time. We'll be back this year during the same time period and I'm not even going to attempt trying to use it this time around even though we could. Funny thing is that DH and I have birthdays 2 weeks apart, I had $50 and he had $50 and it was a total waste of time. We won't be back to T-rex.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #28
Daisy'sMama
Mouseketeer

I called Landry's before getting the card and I asked if I have to use an actual birthday. The answer was no. We usually go to FL in Feb, so she said I could use a Feb date so that I will get the rewards every year. She also said some couples use their anniversary date. We don't care for T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe, but we LOVE Yak and Yeti!
Daisy'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #29
cbanks1998
Earning My Ears

Rewards on LBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyhuff View Post
Does anyone know if you can use the reward money you get towards alcoholic purchases at T-rex? It says some states allow it but i cannot for the life of me find the listing of applicable states!
Earning points on alcohol is based on the state where the restaurant is located - so for Florida, you can earn points on alcohol.

When it comes to redeeming rewards, this is based on the state on your Landry's Select Club account. So for example: if the address on your Landry's Select Club account is Florida, you can use rewards on alcohol; if you live in Alabama, you cannot.

It can be tricky to follow, but it's based on state restrictions. What state do you live in?
cbanks1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #30
pilesoflaundry
it doesn't get scratched as often as I like

I know if you live in Texas you cannot use any rewards on alcohol, coupons either. I am not sure of the other states restricted.

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a soldier in combat boots.

WDW June 2008, 2009x2 June and Sept., Sept. 2011
DL and DCA June 2013
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: