Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #2446
21yankees
I want to move into Disneyland!

Keeping Adam and Adara in my family's thoughts and prayers.

Mel don't work too hard with your fundraiser.

I can't believe we'll all be together in a little over 2 weeks. I need to plan. I am so behind.

steph

AKA Cynical Dwarf
Old 02-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #2447
sierranevada
DISDiva

Yipee - two weeks from today I will be heading to the airport! Can't wait to see everyone

And thoughts and prayers with all who are experiencing medical issues.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #2448
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

OMG............2 weeks and 1 day for me...............

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
Old 02-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #2449
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Gosh all the health scares. Prayers to all and here's hoping that everything is fine with everyone!!

Mel that sounds awesome the trip you took. I agree I LOVE road trips and all the fun little places and things you can see when you have the time to stop and look around. We are really excited. We had been talking about doing this for awhile and it actually changed a bit as we were going to start in Atlanta and go to Tennessee but I am still super excited to see everything. I love history and we loved DC and New York. We have talked about taking Katy to an upstate trip when she turns 16 instead of the a party. We want to go in the fall to see the colors and hopefully Salem!!!

I so want to go to the grand canyon and also up to Yellowstone, Montana and the dakotas. All things I hope to do someday with the girls before they get too old and don't want to go anymore.

2 weeks from tomorrow!! Can't wait!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip 11/14
Old 02-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #2450
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Kate - Praying for Adara, you and the family.

Time has flown by! Two weeks! I'm seeing if I can scrape up money doing odd jobs here and there for family/friends for "fun money".

Old 02-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #2451
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

My thoughts go out to Beth and Katie and your kids. That's gotta be a hard thing to go through. Can't imagine. Hugs!

Just two more weeks! Still have to pick up my snacks and tiara. Other than that it's just throwing everything into a suitcase! Was looking over the itinerary and getting so excited!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #2452
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hello, ladies!! This week is creeping by. I've been a day ahead all week. Kept thinking today was Thursday!
Speaking of tomorrow, it's Valentine's Day! Any big plans for anyone? Nothing much here. Actually, nothing at all. I always tell Ruben not to get me anything. Flowers are nice, but all that money for something that will die in 5 days? No, thanks! I'm too practical for my own good. Besides, I much prefer the little things done over the course of the year, as opposed to one day where it's expected. But, that's just me. I'm probably in the minority on that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Keeping Adam and Adara in my family's thoughts and prayers.
Thanks, Steph! Looking forward to seeing you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
Yipee - two weeks from today I will be heading to the airport! Can't wait to see everyone
And I'll be waiting to board the bus with Jane, Theresa, and Michele!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
OMG............2 weeks and 1 day for me...............
Woot! Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post

Time has flown by! Two weeks! I'm seeing if I can scrape up money doing odd jobs here and there for family/friends for "fun money".
Good luck! Fun money is always nice to have. Right now, I'm working on finding some food money! Good thing corn dogs are cheap. And tasty!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #2453
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
My thoughts go out to Beth and Katie and your kids.
Thanks. Can't wait to meet you!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #2454
staley7580
Hangs Out With Hyenas
He is cute now!! Before he was just illegal
I like big butts and I cannot lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hello, ladies!! This week is creeping by. I've been a day ahead all week. Kept thinking today was Thursday!
Speaking of tomorrow, it's Valentine's Day! Any big plans for anyone? Nothing much here. Actually, nothing at all. I always tell Ruben not to get me anything. Flowers are nice, but all that money for something that will die in 5 days? No, thanks! I'm too practical for my own good. Besides, I much prefer the little things done over the course of the year, as opposed to one day where it's expected. But, that's just me. I'm probably in the minority on that!!

Thanks, Steph! Looking forward to seeing you again!

And I'll be waiting to board the bus with Jane, Theresa, and Michele!

Woot! Woot!

Good luck! Fun money is always nice to have. Right now, I'm working on finding some food money! Good thing corn dogs are cheap. And tasty!
Same here.. LOL! I just got done paying off ALL our bills so we are good until march, and padding our savings.. and of course spoiling my kids a lot. So now there is limited money left for mama to have fun. Me and you are gonna be Chillin with our corn dogs. LOL!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #2455
staley7580
Hangs Out With Hyenas
He is cute now!! Before he was just illegal
I like big butts and I cannot lie

Oh.. and our big plans for tomorrow include 2 school parties... I told my oldest, he's 11, that I was going to dress up the twins like little cupids and bring them to his classroom. Instead of being a normal tween and saying... NO MOM! I got.. AWESOME! That would be SOOOOOO cute. Then I told him I bought matching cupid outfits for all three of us... he was far less impressed by the idea of me wearing a cupid costume. I love having kids!

Then we are having a dinner party with our friends. Nothing special, we do dinner with them every couple weeks or so. Lasagna, salad, garlic bread... chocolate cake with strawberries... kids all hyped up on chocolate.. good times!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #2456
Astylla
Disney Fanatic

Yikes..I am SO far behind the times..*sigh*

I had messaged Melody a few months back about my change in plans. Due to new job/paying state taxes (yuck!) and other things..I still can't make the trip but wanted to say Hi to everyone !

I received my hoodie a while back and wear it ALL the time..actually it's gotten bigger on me since I have begun taking charge of my life and losing weight..I had a wake up call at the doctor about a month ago.

Lost almost 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks and my husband I planned a trip in April for 5 days to make up for missing this one.

I hope all is well and everyone has a great time !
Old 02-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #2457
mommaU4

Quote:
Originally Posted by staley7580 View Post

Then we are having a dinner party with our friends. Nothing special, we do dinner with them every couple weeks or so. Lasagna, salad, garlic bread... chocolate cake with strawberries... kids all hyped up on chocolate.. good times!
That sounds nice.
I miss the kids having classroom parties! Those were so fun. Too funny about the twins playing cupid. What a sight that would be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staley7580 View Post
Me and you are gonna be Chillin with our corn dogs. LOL!
Sounds like a plan. I love corn dogs, but only at Disney. I never eat them anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
Yikes..I am SO far behind the times..*sigh*

I had messaged Melody a few months back about my change in plans. Due to new job/paying state taxes (yuck!) and other things..I still can't make the trip but wanted to say Hi to everyone !

I received my hoodie a while back and wear it ALL the time..actually it's gotten bigger on me since I have begun taking charge of my life and losing weight..I had a wake up call at the doctor about a month ago.

Lost almost 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks and my husband I planned a trip in April for 5 days to make up for missing this one.

I hope all is well and everyone has a great time !
Aw, I didn't realize you weren't able to make it. That's too bad. Sounds like you and your husband have a nice time planned though. And, congrats on the weight loss! That's great. I need to get busy and do something, but I have no will power.
Keep in touch! We'll post some pics once we're back.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #2458
Belle1997
I married a beast and found my prince
So please be nice to each other and think of others first, when you do magical things can happen for many more people
Answer is Yes!

I am so looking forward to going where there is no SNOW!!!! I may be Canadian but it is too hard to motor along out sided since my power wheels do not have snow tires.

Tried a few times nothing like skidding out getting stuck in a 2 foot snowbank with a 300 pound chair

Now any news on Company D yet? That is one thing I do not want to miss.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #2459
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
Prayers for Adam and Adara and hugs to the mommies. Same lot of nuthin going on here. Had jambalaya for dinner to celebrate Fat Tuesday. Other than that, just been plugging away on various creative projects for the trip. Forgot to make a Valentine to send to my mom (oops), so when I talk to her Thursday, I'll have to fess up that her card will be late. Bad daughter. LOL. So I have to make a Valentine for mom, one for Mr Grumpypants, a birthday card and a baby shower card in the next 4 days. Eek.
Lisa,
I am so lucky to have your creative juices as a roomy. I have none! Don't worry PC Cruisers, I will get my project done! Life is just crazy for me right now with one thing or another. I am really looking forward to arriving two weeks from today! To answer your question froma while ago Lisa, I fly out at about 6:30. I suppose I should arrive at airport at 5ish?

OK, with any luck all the kids will be at school tomorrow and I will get some peace

And Katie and Beth and Michelle, Kelly and anyone else with health scares/challenges right now, I am thinkin of you and your families and praying that good results will be yours very soon!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #2460
MamaKate
My son got to ride with Peter Pan
I don't want one of you ladies to try and play footsies with me
Over the top, colorful, and totally flashy

Happy Hearts Day Divas!!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes for my daughter. It really means a lot to me .

Cliff and I celebrated Valentines last night since he works tonight. I made him wine braised short ribs, au gratin potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts. It was super yummy (if I may brag ). Then we watched a movie and exchanged gifts. Today he's meeting me at work and taking me to lunch.

Like Beth said, we like to do things for each other randomly and not on specific holiday's because we feel it's more special that way. But we wanted to celebrate this years since it's our first "official" Valentines together. I'm just blessed to have found him!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: