Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
emc1123
Erin

Erin and Shane Wishes/SPB/ADH/UK 11/7/13

Hello - So I have finally decided, after months and months of looking around, to start my PJ. Here are some details to start:

Date: 11/7/2013
Wedding planner - Pamela Maddock
Ceremony - 2:30pm SPB
Reception: 3:30pm ADH
DP - UK Lochside for Illuminations

We are Erin and Shane

We met over 10 years ago, together for just over 4. Everyone knew we were always meant to be together, even us for the most part, but we let other things (and other people) get in our way. BUT... something worth having is worth waiting for and eventually my very best friend became mine forever.

So here we are, planning our DFTW - we both love Disney, Shane is an addict and his family used to go every few years, I have been a few times and we've been once together.

I love reading the PJs of other Disney brides and grooms, and think I will really enjoy having my own!

**SBP/ADH**

emc1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
disneydania
Disney-obsessed & Proud of It

Welcome Erin. Congratulations!

Can't wait to read all about your plans.

Family Trips: 04/04 Disneymoon POR, 01/05 Disney BabyMoon BWR, 12/06 Baby's 1st DIS Trip WL, 06/11 Boys' Joint B-day Trip CR, 01/13 Family Holiday Trip BCR

My single days: 1st WDW trip '83, WDW '85, WDW '86, DL '88, WDW '94, WDW '96, WDW '97, WDW '98, WDW '99, DLP '00, WDW '00, WDW '01, WDW '02, WDW '03

disneydania is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 06:48 AM   #3
SarahFarra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emc1123
Hello - So I have finally decided, after months and months of looking around, to start my PJ. Here are some details to start:

Date: 11/7/2013
Wedding planner - Pamela Maddock
Ceremony - 2:30pm SPB
Reception: 3:30pm ADH
DP - UK Lochside for Illuminations

We are Erin and Shane

We met over 10 years ago, together for just over 4. Everyone knew we were always meant to be together, even us for the most part, but we let other things (and other people) get in our way. BUT... something worth having is worth waiting for and eventually my very best friend became mine forever.

So here we are, planning our DFTW - we both love Disney, Shane is an addict and his family used to go every few years, I have been a few times and we've been once together.

I love reading the PJs of other Disney brides and grooms, and think I will really enjoy having my own!
Congrats again Erin! I'm the bride that has the same venues mine's just a day later on 11/8/13! So we're almost wedding twins haha...excited to hear about your plans!!

Engagement: 11.8.12
Wedding: 11.8.13
Marriage: Infinity and Beyond

www.markandsaraheverafter.com
www.chasingfairytales.com

PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3035908
SarahFarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
emc1123
Erin

Oh Sarah, can't wait to compare plans!

We have our planning session on May 6th, and I am bummed cause we have to do a phone session. We just can't get down there now and for the wedding, we are in New York and air fare is too pricey. I really hope I can get the same amount of info over the phone, sorry I will miss all that tasting though

This is where I am at right now,
Decided to do my own save the dates, made a pamphlet with all the info that everyone needs and sort of RSVP page to get a grasp on everyones plans. It seems noone wants to make plans this far in advance, we are still just under 9 months and the cooperation is scarce

Here is my save the date:

Also I have decided on silk flowers, I can get them ahead of time and ship them down, and they can be quite beautiful - here are my top choices for my bouquet: I have chosen chocolate brown for my bridesmaid dresses

And for the bridesmaids, I want green hydrangeas, :

I have a million ideas in my head, just time to execute them!

**SBP/ADH**

Old 02-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

Welcome! Can't wait to read more!

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Congratulations and welcome! Love the save the dates, can't wait to see more.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #7
emc1123
Erin

Thanks for the kind words.

We have had a little snafu, Shane's godparents were supposed to serve as our officiants, well something happened, we really don't know what, and now they can't make it.

Does anyone have recommendations for officiants?
We are not religious and want a simple ceremony - THANKS for any advise.

**SBP/ADH**

Old 02-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #8
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

We're using Rev. Kevin Knox! While I haven't had my wedding yet, we plan on having a non religious ceremony. His ceremonies are very customizable.

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #9
SarahFarra
Mouseketeer

Hi Erin! I'm catching up on your PJ too! I love your Save the Dates! What a great idea doing a brochure with all the info! And the flower options are amazing! I especially love the first one and the ones for the bridesmaids...LOVE green hydrangeas!

I'm sorry to hear about your DF's godparents not being able to officiate, that's tough but I'm sure you'll find someone great! I'm dragging my feet about finding someone. I know I shouldn't be but I'm just not that interested in the things that aren't FUN to plan. Horrible, I know haha...

Old 02-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #10
emc1123
Erin

I get it Sarah, I want to plan the fun stuff.

I need to vent for a moment about the not fun stuff.
Noone in the family seems to be able to decide where they want to stay.

They made decisions back when we were picking our room blocks and now his parents, brother, my parents and sister, are all staying outside of the room block.
Well his parents and brother can't decide.

It's driving us mad... Guests are going to scattered all over...

I know where we will be staying, I guess that's all that matters

**SBP/ADH**

Old 02-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #11
SarahFarra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emc1123 View Post
I get it Sarah, I want to plan the fun stuff.

They made decisions back when we were picking our room blocks and now his parents, brother, my parents and sister, are all staying outside of the room block.

I totally understand your frustration. However, something I've pretty much come to peace with is that "regular" people (i.e. people who aren't used to booking Disney vacations) don't realize the importance of booking early and making your plans as soon as possible. And having everyone spread out really isn't that bad of a thing. Also considering everyone can easily come together when they need to for things you have planned or, obviously, your wedding events. I would just make sure they understand how the transportation works and always allow plenty of time to get around especially if they're taking Disney busses. I really think it will be ok.

In addition, if you're on facebook, you should join the DISbrides group! That is, if you haven't already. There is a wealth of information there as well as a great group of supportive girls who will also understand when stuff like this comes up!

Old 02-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #12
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyjess View Post
We're using Rev. Kevin Knox! While I haven't had my wedding yet, we plan on having a non religious ceremony. His ceremonies are very customizable.
I asked DF to choose the officiant and we're using Rev. Kevin Knox as well! I've been giving him stuff to do to take some of the stress off of me and, well, honestly, he really likes helping me with the wedding stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emc1123 View Post

I can understand the frustration as well. Most of our guests haven't booked yet, which makes me nervous. I've lost my flower girl and with her went at least 3 room nights. We're really nervous that we won't be able to fulfill the obligation and will end up paying for a number of rooms ourself. And really, I'm not even sure how many guests to expect; our first count was about 40, but then after we told everyone we were getting married at WDW the total shot up to around 70....now I just don't have any idea (wow, run on sentence much?! LOL). Not an ideal scenario, but I can only do so much. I keep trying to talk up staying on property with all the perks, but it just seems to fall on deaf ears. Oh, well, I will *not* let it ruin my wedding or my attitude....but it is extremely frustrating.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #13
Tink2182014
Earning My Ears

Good luck planning. I love your STD!
Tink2182014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #14
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Congratulations and welcome! I love your save the dates and flower ideas. We are using Rev. Glynn Ferguson as our officiant. He is not on Disneys official list but I heard great things about from other Disbrides. We haven't had our wedding yet so all I can really say is he was quick with communication and he does a have non-religious ceremony that can be further customized, which is what we'll be using. But one way to make choosing an officiant slightly more fun is to narrow down your options and then find some disney wedding videos to get a feel for how they project, sound, look and interact with the bride and groom. I found that was helpful for me to choose and as a bonus I got to see a lot of inspiration from other disney weddings.
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #15
emc1123
Erin

8 months away today ! Our planning session is still 2 months away so I feel like I'm not really doing anything.

Think we have decided on Rev Kevin Knox. I think his style will mesh with ours, we will be having non demoninational ceremony and I like his options for that. Save the Dates are ready to go out and I know of a few people that have booked their rooms. Time to get a dress!!

I guess we are moving along the way we should.

DF and I are still arguing about transportation. We are going to need a charter since we have more than 2 stops, and he doesn't want to spend the money for the day. We are not having a dessert party now, had to sacrifice that
So we just have to get from the hotels to SBP, then from ADH back to hotels.

Has anyone used outside vendors for transporation?
I had one Disbride recommend Colbus and I have reached out to them for information.

**SBP/ADH**

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: