Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #3721
hockeymom3
Mouseketeer

Ok, I called 3 times and the first two talked about how I would have to make 2 reservations and check out and in again. The third time a woman helped me book a river view room for the full stay. With help from all of this info I was able to narrow down the 3 bldgs that river view would put us in and so I figured that was better than the hassle of checking out and moving rooms.

Here's hoping I get river view in preferred!!!

My husband tore his acl and mcl and just had surgery to remove half of his miniscus so I was hoping he wouldn't have to walk any further to the room than necessary. We have until May for him to get better!!

So excited!!!!!

Second Family Disney Trip April 30 - May 8, 2013 POR
First Family Disney Trip May 2-12, 2009 AKL/WL
Old 02-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #3722
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom3 View Post
Ok, I called 3 times and the first two talked about how I would have to make 2 reservations and check out and in again. The third time a woman helped me book a river view room for the full stay. With help from all of this info I was able to narrow down the 3 bldgs that river view would put us in and so I figured that was better than the hassle of checking out and moving rooms.

My husband tore his acl and mcl and just had surgery to remove half of his miniscus so I was hoping he wouldn't have to walk any further to the room than necessary. We have until May for him to get better!!

So excited!!!!!
Glad you have it settled, and wishing your husband a speedy recovery !!! I have torn my MCL before, and even without surgery, that was NOT fun.

My wife and I are headed there in May as well, here is hoping to sun shine, warm temps, and all the Magic disney (and POR) has to offer !
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #3723
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
Just checked out the AP page on the website and saw this

Passholders, plan a springtime getaway at Walt Disney World Resort and make the most of your Annual Pass!

The following sample prices are valid at these select Disney Resort hotels for stays most Sunday to Thursday nights April 7 through May 30, 2013:

and it does look like the month of May is available for POR it looks to be about a 30% discount

Thanks.. I may have to check into switching my reservation and buying a season pass...
Old 02-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #3724
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
Thanks.. I may have to check into switching my reservation and buying a season pass...
Its only worth it if you are doing more than 12 park days, and or are planning to return this year.

The room discount% is the same as the spring promo, APs are 609/person. a 10 Day Park Hopper is 400.

So unless you are making up the difference by staying more than 10 park days, (actually more than 12, if you calculate the cost of buying a 10 day, and then adding a 2 day) ... there is no discount to be had by doign the AP rates.

I tried to convince DW that if we did APs for this trip, we could do a Fall trip as well and not have to buy tickets .... she didn't bite
Old 02-13-2013, 02:09 AM   #3725
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
Is there such a thing at POR as a king room connected to a room with 2 queen beds?
There are some, yes. Not sure quite how many though (and none in the Royal Rooms as there are no King Beds there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzieheartscindy View Post
I was hoping you all would know what I could do to for our best chance at the adjoining rooms??? I know it's just a request but does sending a fax or calling the hotel directly help at all?
Yes, sending a fax about 3-5 before your arrival usually helps. See the FAQ in the first post for more details. Don't forget to ask for CONNECTING rooms if you want to have an internal doorway between the rooms though, as adjoining just means rooms next door to each other (or very nearby).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom3 View Post

Glad you finally got the booking you wanted. The River View rooms do include some of the shortest walking distances, yes. In fact the closest room (in building 14) is about 55 yards walk to the food court door.

With five people you could be in 14, 27 or 38. Ask for ground floor in building 14 and explain the medical reasons and you should be fine. You might want to give the Special Assistance line a call in advance to have a room blocked out for you, or otherwise fax the resort a little earlier than normal (maybe a couple of weeks?) asking them the same thing. I'm sure they'll help you out.

Andre

P.S. Looks like the thread is going to beat me - I've got three days left before POR, but the thread is only one page off 250. Looks like tonight might be new-thread night!

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-13-2013, 06:10 AM   #3726
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
P.S. Looks like the thread is going to beat me - I've got three days left before POR, but the thread is only one page off 250. Looks like tonight might be new-thread night!
I know I'm early Andre, but since I don't post alot and I didn't want to miss you......

Have Wonderful trip and Safe travels!!!!

I wish you were travelling in August again so I could get a chance for another Dis meet. Maybe next time!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #3727
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Good morning all POR fans!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:07 AM   #3728
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Sorry that we're going to just miss you here, Andre. We check out Friday to head further southwest.

The past two days have been great swimming days, folks.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #3729
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
Have Wonderful trip and Safe travels!!!!

I wish you were travelling in August again so I could get a chance for another Dis meet. Maybe next time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
Sorry that we're going to just miss you here, Andre. We check out Friday to head further southwest.
Thanks, sorry to miss you both. Maybe I might make another trip early/mid August, you never know...

Well the thread did end up moving faster than my POR countdown, and we're about at the limit now. So, our new home is ready to move into now: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3063960

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #3730
Running_Bell
Mouseketeer

How to be sure I'm getting a room for 5?

I am booking on line, but the room selections keep coming up with options that sleep 4 even when I put in 5 people. How am I sure to get the room in Alligator Bayou with the murphy bed? Thank you.

Returning summer 2014 - FW
August 2013 - Boardwalk & FW
Nov 2010 - Pop & FW
Oct 2009 - FW
Sept 2007 - FW
Sept 2005 - POR & FW
Sept 1997 -All Star Sports
Old 03-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #3731
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running_Bell View Post
I am booking on line, but the room selections keep coming up with options that sleep 4 even when I put in 5 people. How am I sure to get the room in Alligator Bayou with the murphy bed? Thank you.
If you have a child under the age of 3, it will come up as four people, because they don't count towards room occupancy. That is all I can think of happening.

The only way to guarantee AB is to book preferred, as they are only in AB.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #3732
Running_Bell
Mouseketeer

hmmm... but then you have to pay extra for preferred. I put in 2 adults and kids ages 15,13,11. I guess I could call the resort and ask. Thanks for the info.

Returning summer 2014 - FW
August 2013 - Boardwalk & FW
Nov 2010 - Pop & FW
Oct 2009 - FW
Sept 2007 - FW
Sept 2005 - POR & FW
Sept 1997 -All Star Sports
Old 03-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #3733
scjo68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running_Bell View Post
Do you mean it won't let you book with 5 people because the room only sleeps 4? Or it tells you POR is available even when you list 5 people but it just says thast it sleeps 4? As long as you have all 5 people listed and it lets you book POR you will be put in Alligator Bayou. If it doesn't let you book then, Yes, I would call.
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR, Aug. 2014 POP
Old 03-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #3734
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Sorry, this FAQ thread is now at its 250 page limit (again!) and needs to be closed.

Please see the new updated version located HERE.

See you over there!

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: