Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
canadawithboys
Earning My Ears

Better to Book Trip Sooner or Later?

We took our first trip to Disney World in September and LOVE it, and want to go back soon! I'm considering another Disney World trip for my family, possibly October or December of this year... or somewhere around then. What I'm wondering is... is it better to book ASAP, or to wait? Some things I want to take into consideration are things like:

Are plane tickets going to likely be cheaper farther from the date, or closer to? (I'm in Canada.)

Am I going to have a better chance of getting the resort I want (will be first time at a Disney Resort, as we stayed at the Hilton Downtown Disney last year) if I book sooner? Will I run the risk of not getting rooms later on?
If I wait, is it possible that promotions or room discounts will become available later on and closer to the date of the trip?

Is it good to wait until closer to decide which resort to book into, in order to review current client comments on places like Trip Advisor, etc?

How soon do things like character breakfasts get booked up? (if we should decide to do any.)

Is there extreme weather in Orlando or things that can be predicted closer to the date that make it preferable to wait?

Are there other things I should consider when deciding when to book sooner or later and what are they?

So, how far in advance do you book your Disney World vacation, and why?
Thanks in advance!! :D
canadawithboys is offline   Reply With Quote