Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #76
jenifred
Mouseketeer

Welcome DisneyFreakNumeroUno!!!

I just signed up for the Color Run on April 20th and a Susan G. Komen 5K on March 2nd. Boy - I'm going to have to get a second job for all these race fees!

jenifred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #77
Dagny
Went to the original, and now knows what the REAL castle looks like

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifred View Post
Welcome DisneyFreakNumeroUno!!!

I just signed up for the Color Run on April 20th and a Susan G. Komen 5K on March 2nd. Boy - I'm going to have to get a second job for all these race fees!
You won't be alone though! Congrats. It IS addictive!

WDW Half Marathon October 2011
WDW Marathon Relay January 2012
Tinker Bell Half Marathon January 2012
Princess Half Marathon February 2012
Dallas Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon March 2012
Expedition Everest May 2012
Wounded Warrior Half Marathon June 2012
Disneyland Half Marathon August 2012
TOT 10 Miler September 2012
Wine and Dine Half Marathon November 2012
WDW Half Marathon January 2013
WDW Marathon DNF January 2013
Dagny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #78
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Carolynn -- I think you forgot to add me to marathon weekend for 2014. I'll be doing the 5k and the half. Thanks.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:23 AM   #79
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Freak Numero Uno View Post
Hi everyone, is anyone doing the expedition everest challenge 2013? If yes, can I join your group? Traveling solo but would like to meet up with others for dinners and parks and also on race day . Thanks
Welcome! I'm not doing EE, but it's the one race I most want to do!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
carissanboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #80
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuck View Post
... The lack of downhill reward should be good penance. lol ...
There ya go! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_runner View Post
Liz, did I just read that right? 2014, Full? Followed by another Goofy, 2015?What's gotten in to you?

I should talk, I'm thinking Goofy 2015 as well.....
We have the same runDisney blood running through our veins!!!

Done: 2010 WDW Half, 2010 W&D Half, 2011 WDW Half, 2011 Princess Half, 2011 W&D Half, 2012 WDW Half, 2012 WDW Full Relay-1st Leg, 2013 WDW 5K/Goofy, 2013 DL 5K/Dumbo Double Dare/Coast to Coast
Doing: 2014 Dopey
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #81
PhillyPhil
Earning My Ears

Hey Ducks!

Just signed up for the Oddyssey Half Marathon here in Philadelphia on June 9th. Anyone else planning on running that one? I ran it last year and it was a fun time plus it was my fastest half time to date so I'm hoping I can be even a little faster this year! There are a couple of out and back sections though so it isn't the most scenic or exciting race but they give you a pint glass at the end in addition to your medal and you get a free beer at the finish!

Also, I have a quick question about where to stay during Marathon Weekend next year. We're DVC members and our home resort is Bay Lake so we can try to book that pretty soon. Has anyone stayed there for that weekend? How was the transportation with the monorail and all? I took the bus from Saratoga Springs in 2012 and it wasn't all that bad but we definitely don't want to stay there again.

Anyway, thanks in advance and thanks for reading this! Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

PhillyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #82
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Now that's my kind of race, beer at the end!

I stayed at SSR this year, Liz and Joe stayed at OKW, and Tanya stayed at PO, we all walked and met at the corner near OKW, which was right across from the corrals. Very convenient! Will definately walk again next year.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #83
Big Vic
DIS Veteran

Good morning, Ducks!

Hoping everyone is doing well.

I'm back to running a couple of times a week. I think I'll be concentrating on local 5ks this spring, and maybe sign up for the Air Force Half Marathon. Hoever, I did sign up for the Space Coast Half Marathon (cool medals for the next five years), and will be signing up for the 2014 Family 5K and Donald.

Y'all take care.

2007 WDW 1/2 Marathon, 2007 WDW Inaugural Tower of Terror 13K, 2008 WDW Family 5K, 2008 WDW Marathon, 2009 WDW 1/2 Marathon, 2012 WDW Half Marathon, 2012 WDW Marathon Relay, 2013 WDW Marathon
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #84
AUdisneyDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhil
Hey Ducks!

Also, I have a quick question about where to stay during Marathon Weekend next year. We're DVC members and our home resort is Bay Lake so we can try to book that pretty soon. Has anyone stayed there for that weekend? How was the transportation with the monorail and all? I took the bus from Saratoga Springs in 2012 and it wasn't all that bad but we definitely don't want to stay there again.

Anyway, thanks in advance and thanks for reading this! Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!
We have stayed at Saratoga and Bay Lake Towers. We like BLT because all we have to do is jump on the monorail and its a pretty quick ride. You do have to transfer to the Epcot monorail at the TTC. BLT also seems better for my family to get around to multiple viewing spots. Besides that it was fine. Saratoga is also good, however if you want to ride the bus to the bag check area it can take awhile. They tend to back up there the closer to the race. Hope that helps a little.

Tim
Old 02-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #85
Terapin
DIS Veteran

I think I am all caught up!

We got a good dump of snow over the last few days. I'm glad my pager was quiet and I got a snow day in with the kids.

I haven't run since last Sunday (!!!) partly because work interrupted a scheduled run on Wednesday night, and work kept me busy all Thursday as well (and I was super sleep deprived from working 24 hours on Wednesday). And then it was super snowy and cold. I really need to go for a run tonight. TOmorrow is a scheduled 18k that I am doing unless I get called out. I am feeling a bit burnt out still from WDW weekend and the frenzy of running leading up to that. And the weather makes it so unappealing to reschedule missed runs. Sigh.

It's ok to scale back a bit, right? For a week or two? Get your mojo back and let winter have a few days? I have a HM in a few weeks so I need to get back into things this week.

Super excited to be planning a week long trip to Aulani in May!!! That is where I will be when I turn 41. Yay!

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #86
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Hello Ducks, hope everyone has recovered from the big stom. I can see it is already starting to melt.

Not sure what race I will do but booked my rooms for next January. I am also thinking of the ToT again. But these races are getting pricey. I see the ToT is over $100, and I didn't realize that Goofy is over $300! But then, you get three medals, and three shirts, right?
Old 02-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #87
disney_runner
Mouseketeer

Yes, these race costs are getting stupid. But stupid is as stupid does, and we'll still be forking over the cash to do it.

I've had to sign up for another race. Need some motivation. My friend found a Lucky Leprechaun 7K, March 16th, in Milwaukee. Strange distance, but I think it's because 7 is a lucky number? Whatever, they give free beer afterwards. Free beer and a Tshirt, any questions?

Medals received: 2008 WDW Half ~ 2010 Princess Half + 2010 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 2011 WDW Full ~ 2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 2012 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 2013 Goofy Challenge ~ 2013 Dumbo Double Dare + C2C

Medals pending: 2014 ToT 10 miler, 2015 Dopey Challenge, 2016 Glass Slipper challenge, 2017 January Half w/daughter, Tinkerbell Half??, Avengers Half??
disney_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #88
airman
DisneyNerd

Hi everyone,
Not much to report on my end, just some swimming and a couple short runs each week. I have been very unmotivated to do any long runs during the weekends. It has been very cold out and I can't get myself to run 10 miles on an indoor track. Hopefully it will get out of the 20's soon and I can get back outside.
Vic: I want to do the Air force half again this year, maybe we will meet up.
Renee: are you still here? How was the Tinker Bell half?
Carolynn: You will love Aulani! It is a fantastic place, I couldn't find anything wrong with it. Even the construction walls were nice.

I love all the 2015 Goofy planning already. I guess I'm in.
I'm waiting for the Wine & Dine registration to open up next month to sign up for that. Debbie and I plan on spending a week at WDW before the race.

Have a good week and hopefully I can report a long run to everyone next week.

Joe

">
airman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #89
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Mingalarba Ducks!

I can't remember if or how much I've talked about this on here...but...after marathon weekend my feet and ankles were having some pains. I prescribed myself time off running. It's been 5 weeks now, of course, and I still have the pain. It was getting better but has now stalled (or slowed to the point that I don't notice). So, I reluctantly decided a doctor's visit was in order.

Saw him today and I've got posterior tibial tendon issues.

No running (I can do any non impact stuff) and I see him again at the end of March. My goal was to start running again in March, but now my goal is April. Fingers crossed!

Phil~I stayed at BLT for marathon weekend 2010. It was good! The only complaint I had was getting back after the race took longer than if you were to ride a bus back to a resort. I have to add though, that that was the freezing year and I was basically an ice cube after the half and was desperate to get back to my room. So it probably felt longer than it really was. (maybe).

I stayed at POP for 2011 and 2012 and that was great! And then this year I was at OKW and that was the BEST! Because walking to the start is awesome. Of course, that can be done away with at any time, but I will continue to try to do it! I'm already booked at OKW for next year, staying with a friend.

Done: 2010 WDW Half, 2010 W&D Half, 2011 WDW Half, 2011 Princess Half, 2011 W&D Half, 2012 WDW Half, 2012 WDW Full Relay-1st Leg, 2013 WDW 5K/Goofy, 2013 DL 5K/Dumbo Double Dare/Coast to Coast
Doing: 2014 Dopey
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #90
disney_runner
Mouseketeer

Wow, that doesn't sound good Liz. Are you wearing a boot? I hope it heals ok. Take it easy!

Medals received: 2008 WDW Half ~ 2010 Princess Half + 2010 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 2011 WDW Full ~ 2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 2012 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 2013 Goofy Challenge ~ 2013 Dumbo Double Dare + C2C

Medals pending: 2014 ToT 10 miler, 2015 Dopey Challenge, 2016 Glass Slipper challenge, 2017 January Half w/daughter, Tinkerbell Half??, Avengers Half??
disney_runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: