Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #466
Kristina
DIS Veteran
 
Kristina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: I'm an American living in Sweden
Posts: 2,124

I read today that ticket process may very well go up come March, and while at first that made me feel sick perhaps they will offer longer tickets then. I visited last year and for one of my days my best friend and her Family did Disneyland. We ran back and forth and basically ran ourselves ragged so they could get there moneys worth, it was crazy. Luckily I had many more days myself because that is not my idea of how Walt envisioned a Family to experience his park.

Please Disney execs, give us a longer ticket. I'll gladly show ID!
__________________

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #467
kyle051777
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 82

I just spoke with Disney and also chatted with someone. They never mention the problem was fraud, all they said is tickets longer than 5 days were not popular.

We were going to surprise the kids with a 7 night Disney trip, but due to the new ticket changes my wife and I have decided to go to San Diego for a week. It will be cheaper and we love the beach and kids love Sea World. They love Disney more but I refuse to purchase an extra 2 day pass when I am purchasing a 5 day pass.

Well done Disney you lost my business.
Kyle
kyle051777 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #468
jory29
DIS Veteran
 
jory29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle051777 View Post
I just spoke with Disney and also chatted with someone. They never mention the problem was fraud, all they said is tickets longer than 5 days were not popular.

We were going to surprise the kids with a 7 night Disney trip, but due to the new ticket changes my wife and I have decided to go to San Diego for a week. It will be cheaper and we love the beach and kids love Sea World. They love Disney more but I refuse to purchase an extra 2 day pass when I am purchasing a 5 day pass.

Well done Disney you lost my business.
Kyle
The 'not popular' was used as an excuse a lot during the beginning of this struggle by Disney for loyal DISboard fans and other loyal fans who wanted more-than-5-day Park Hoppers, but as of late, the more common excuse that Disney must have told their reps. to tell us was 'fraud.' I am highly encouraged that if they can get the fraudulent ticket use under control, then we can expect in the near future to see 6 and 7 day or more Park Hoppers. Don't give up yet, Kyle, we have to believe in Disney magic.
__________________
Paying our respects as a family to Mr. Walter Disney at the Partners statue is such a meaningful part of a visit to Disneyland. What a wonderful and amazing person he was.

Last edited by jory29; 12-30-2012 at 11:23 PM.
jory29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:15 PM   #469
jory29
DIS Veteran
 
jory29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
I read today that ticket process may very well go up come March, and while at first that made me feel sick perhaps they will offer longer tickets then. I visited last year and for one of my days my best friend and her Family did Disneyland. We ran back and forth and basically ran ourselves ragged so they could get there moneys worth, it was crazy. Luckily I had many more days myself because that is not my idea of how Walt envisioned a Family to experience his park.

Please Disney execs, give us a longer ticket. I'll gladly show ID!
This quite disgusts me, enough is enough, is enough. (If what you read is true.) In the past years since we started going, the price raise has been so substantially higher than previous years it is making me sick. We understood when prices raised for world of color, renovations, Cars Land, new rides, Buena Vista Street, etc... BUT DOES IT HAVE TO KEEP GOING UP?!?

(Shakes head, sadly.)

Walt believed in earning money - no doubt about it - but he also wanted for families to be able to spend quality family time in his parks.
__________________
Paying our respects as a family to Mr. Walter Disney at the Partners statue is such a meaningful part of a visit to Disneyland. What a wonderful and amazing person he was.

Last edited by jory29; 12-30-2012 at 11:24 PM.
jory29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #470
sgrap
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The beautiful PNW!
Posts: 497

Tonight, I had my girls write letters to Disney asking them to bring back the longer hopper passes! Our trip was part of their Christmas present, so they just found out about it. I hope that letters from children (and they hand-wrote them in cursive! ) will speak to Disney. I wrote months ago and received a phone call in return from my snail mail letter.

In case anyone missed it, here is the address for which to send snail mail letters. Be sure to include your phone number and address.
Write snail mail to:

Disneyland
Guest Relations
1313 Harbor Blvd. P.O. Box 3232
Anaheim, CA 92803-6161
sgrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #471
jory29
DIS Veteran
 
jory29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrap View Post
Tonight, I had my girls write letters to Disney asking them to bring back the longer hopper passes! Our trip was part of their Christmas present, so they just found out about it. I hope that letters from children (and they hand-wrote them in cursive! ) will speak to Disney. I wrote months ago and received a phone call in return from my snail mail letter.

In case anyone missed it, here is the address for which to send snail mail letters. Be sure to include your phone number and address.
Write snail mail to:

Disneyland
Guest Relations
1313 Harbor Blvd. P.O. Box 3232
Anaheim, CA 92803-6161
What a great idea, sgrap! It would be nice if they can see the effect this (Taking away more-than-5-day Park Hopper tickets) will have on some of their most VIP guests - the children!

Thank you also for posting the mailing address.

Please do keep us posted, as to when your children hear back from Disney, thanks!
__________________
Paying our respects as a family to Mr. Walter Disney at the Partners statue is such a meaningful part of a visit to Disneyland. What a wonderful and amazing person he was.
jory29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #472
jory29
DIS Veteran
 
jory29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)
Posts: 1,440

New Business:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3043976

Looks like they are really working hard to get the fraudulent ticket use under control; once they do so, I would expect and hope to see longer than 5 day park hoppers once again.

Let's just hope they can fine tune this picture taking process, so that there are not lengthy waits, as reported on that thread.
__________________
Paying our respects as a family to Mr. Walter Disney at the Partners statue is such a meaningful part of a visit to Disneyland. What a wonderful and amazing person he was.
jory29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #473
kayleigh83
Plotting my return...
 
kayleigh83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 347

Sent my $0.02 their way!

I feel now more than ever that this is a bad move. They did it to help cut down on ticket reselling but really, this was a very shortsighted way to deal with it. And now that they have implemented ID checking and even as of today picture taking to link to multi-day passes, it seems like doing away with +5 day passes is even more unecessary.

I reminded them that there are many people like myself who, due to distance and financial reasons, can't get to the park that often. But when we are there, we want to be able to do it right! We spent five days in the parks, ate all our meals and snacks there, and bought a respectable amount of souvenirs. But I wanted MORE! Next time I went I knew I wanted to go for at least 6 days... but now, I probably can't, unless they change this policy.

The so called "not-popular" excuse just doesn't make sense either. It costs Disney nothing (assuming proper use of the tickets, ie: no reselling) to OFFER passes of more than 5 days. We're not talking about physical inventory here, like a clothing store that has to pay to have the clothing made to sit on the shelves, and then loses money if they don't sell those items. We're talking about park passes here! I can't believe they tried using that as a reason.
__________________
Kayleigh
|DL 1994 (age 6)|DL 1999 (age 11)|DLR 2012 (age 24)|
Favourite Disney Movies: Alice in Wonderland, Lilo & Stitch, Beauty and the Beast
Avatar by petite tiaras
kayleigh83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #474
sgrap
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The beautiful PNW!
Posts: 497

Received letter back from children's letters to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jory29 View Post
What a great idea, sgrap! It would be nice if they can see the effect this (Taking away more-than-5-day Park Hopper tickets) will have on some of their most VIP guests - the children!

Thank you also for posting the mailing address.

Please do keep us posted, as to when your children hear back from Disney, thanks!
My girls received a letter back from Disneyland today. Even though they wrote separate letters in separate envelopes, they only received 1 letter back, addressed to both of them. That seemed a bit lame to me--they each individually took the time to write, so shouldn't they each 'rate' their own letter? It was basically a form letter, saying pretty much what the e-mail I received back in response to my original e-mail. I had hoped they would get a personal phone call back like I did to my letter. Oh well, at least Disney is hearing from some of us that we want our longer hopper passes back!
sgrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #475
jory29
DIS Veteran
 
jory29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleigh83 View Post
Sent my $0.02 their way!

I feel now more than ever that this is a bad move. They did it to help cut down on ticket reselling but really, this was a very shortsighted way to deal with it. And now that they have implemented ID checking and even as of today picture taking to link to multi-day passes, it seems like doing away with +5 day passes is even more unecessary.

I reminded them that there are many people like myself who, due to distance and financial reasons, can't get to the park that often. But when we are there, we want to be able to do it right! We spent five days in the parks, ate all our meals and snacks there, and bought a respectable amount of souvenirs. But I wanted MORE! Next time I went I knew I wanted to go for at least 6 days... but now, I probably can't, unless they change this policy.

The so called "not-popular" excuse just doesn't make sense either. It costs Disney nothing (assuming proper use of the tickets, ie: no reselling) to OFFER passes of more than 5 days. We're not talking about physical inventory here, like a clothing store that has to pay to have the clothing made to sit on the shelves, and then loses money if they don't sell those items. We're talking about park passes here! I can't believe they tried using that as a reason.
There are definitely legitimate reasons for wanting to stay longer than 5 days, and it's so disappointing that Disney has not yet acknowledged that they will implement that change. I do feel that since they are cracking down on fraud, they should be able to soon re-instate the longer-than-5-day parkhopper tickets. Glad people are still writing in to express their sentiments. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrap View Post
My girls received a letter back from Disneyland today. Even though they wrote separate letters in separate envelopes, they only received 1 letter back, addressed to both of them. That seemed a bit lame to me--they each individually took the time to write, so shouldn't they each 'rate' their own letter? It was basically a form letter, saying pretty much what the e-mail I received back in response to my original e-mail. I had hoped they would get a personal phone call back like I did to my letter. Oh well, at least Disney is hearing from some of us that we want our longer hopper passes back!
Separate letters in separate envelopes definitely should merit a personalized reply to each of your daughters. I think you are right, Disney must be hearing from a lot of people still, that a longer Park Hopper pass is being requested.
__________________
Paying our respects as a family to Mr. Walter Disney at the Partners statue is such a meaningful part of a visit to Disneyland. What a wonderful and amazing person he was.
jory29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #476
jory29
DIS Veteran
 
jory29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)
Posts: 1,440

Here's hope!!!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061507

To those of you heading out to the Parks soon...Please let us know whether or not you were able to add days to the 5 day Park Hopper. Thanks!
__________________
Paying our respects as a family to Mr. Walter Disney at the Partners statue is such a meaningful part of a visit to Disneyland. What a wonderful and amazing person he was.
jory29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #477
emmybee
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 16

I am sad to see that this has been an issue for so long. My BF has a better memory than mine, so he definitely noticed the absence of longer-stay park hopper tix. I went ahead and dashed off an email, since it has affected our length of stay plan. I am now trying to convince him to add on a trip to San Diego, but we may very well just end up going home. We are ready, willing, and able to throw more money at Disney, but I guess they just don't want it!
emmybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #478
jory29
DIS Veteran
 
jory29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmybee View Post
I am sad to see that this has been an issue for so long. My BF has a better memory than mine, so he definitely noticed the absence of longer-stay park hopper tix. I went ahead and dashed off an email, since it has affected our length of stay plan. I am now trying to convince him to add on a trip to San Diego, but we may very well just end up going home. We are ready, willing, and able to throw more money at Disney, but I guess they just don't want it!
I was hoping that with picture taking, signing passes, etc. etc., as well as some reports of extending 5 day park hoppers to 6 day, that this might be a go, but so far, no one can really seem to confirm this.

Does anyone know? I want another day of Autopia! lol.
__________________
Paying our respects as a family to Mr. Walter Disney at the Partners statue is such a meaningful part of a visit to Disneyland. What a wonderful and amazing person he was.
jory29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #479
dcraytho
Earning My Ears
 
dcraytho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Roy, UT
Posts: 74

I think now that the whole picturing taking thing is in place, we should start writing letters again. I was told that was the reason for taking them away. But, you hear so many different things. I was in the parks the first of this month and had to have my picture taken for the 3 day pass. Enough already, I just want to be able to spend more time in the parks without having to buy another 1 or 2 day hopper.
dcraytho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #480
dcraythorn
Mouseketeer
 
dcraythorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 156

It looks like this discussion has died away, so I will just add that I received another email from guest relations that states that they are not bringing back the longer tickets. We have to settle for the 5 days or do a combination of different tickets or buy an AP. Sad to say, nothing is going to change.
dcraythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: