Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 05:48 AM   #31
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

When I worked there I enjoyed getting them. Our name went into a drawing for prizes. I never won anything but I liked the recognition.

I also got Applause o grams often as well. Here is a picture & story about mine:

http://yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blo...tar-award.html

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Boma's Banana Bread recipe & review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:28 AM   #32
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

I spent over an hour on the phone booking a trip a few years and the infinitely patient CM on the phone looked up so many scenarios for us as we tried to figure out the best way for our party of 5 adults with two special needs adults could travel best together. We looked at suite, separate rooms, separate resorts and about a million other ideas. We talked about GAC and how to get them. She was so patient, so helpful, so polite that I took down her name. (Yes, I know it's not her real name) and wrote a long email talking about how grateful I was for her help. I try to do this anytime I receive great service.

Down the way in the trip planning I heard from her via PM on this board saying "I think I spoke with you" and indeed she had and she told me that she'd been recognized, received a really neat pin, was recognized in the meeting and I was glad I'd done it.

The email took a few moments to write but she helped me plan a trip that made a big difference to a special family member.

That said, is an email the best way? I know in that case it was but last week I was in the Disney Store and I got into a great conversation with a great employee there who again was going out of his way to help me, checking stock in the back, etc. How do you compliment someone in that capacity?
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #33
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
If you wanted to write an email about a super great CM, where would you send it?
WDW Guest Communications
PO Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

or

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Make sure you include the date, time, park or resort (and location) and cast member name from the name tag. The office that gets these can research to see exactly who the Cast Member was, and will send the correspondence, through managerial channels, to the direct supervisor of the CM. Usually a copy will also go in the personnel records.

Often, favorable comments will be read at a pre-opening team meeting.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #34
HuskerFaninIL
DIS Veteran

We had two really amazing CMs on our last trip. I sent an email when I got home and a day or two later I recieved a phone call and I'm hoping those two CM's got recognized.

I'm glad to hear that they most likely got some sort of recognition from that call, you never quite know if the person actually finds out you were so pleased with them.

Their photos are in our family scrapbook from that trip. The time we spent with them really added to the magic we felt!

HuskerFaninIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #35
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
Sorry I should have phrased that as maybe the GR was unsure what to do or maybe it is a new policy to just use 4KB that I'm unaware of. I just know as a non-GR CM we are told we can't write 4KB through hearsay (or at least thats what our Epcot attractions WS managers have said). We actually have to see the going above and beyond to give them out. Also I know the few times as a guest before I was a CM when I went to GR we were give AOG to fill out when we said we wanted to highlight an amazing CM.
I hope you didn't think my previous comment was rude, it wasn't meant to be! I could just see a guest coming in after reading this thread wanting to leave an AOG and being upset if I filled out a 4KB instead. I don't even know that we have any AOGs. We were told to take down any comments then fill out a 4KB and put recognized by guest per (park) GR.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #36
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to thank all of the Cast Members who responded to my question!

Based on your responses,I will definitely be stopping by GR whenever I receive Great Service from a CM!

Walt Disney said it best:

"You can design, create and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes PEOPLE to make the dream a reality"
WEDWDW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #37
eastcarolinafan
When I put on my Mickey ears I can hear Small World.

I have never NOT received awesome service throughout the parks. The CMs always make every effort to fulfill any reasonable request and go the extra mile, even when not asked. I have spoken to the manager of each of these CMs and was asked to fill out a card for one at POR, which I was more than happy to do. After reading these responses from the CMs, I am afraid I didn't do enough, that I didn't go the extra mile for them that they went for me.

There was "James" at the HM who was just an awesome CM. I struck up a conversation with him outside, waiting in line. James took pains to explain the HM expansion and filled us in on the FLE. There were a few other tricks and stories James shared with us that just made us feel so much a part of the WDW magic. We will always be grateful to James. But I never spoke to his manager or anything. This guy just did what he did because he loved to make people happy, and I don't know, but that kind of thing should be acknowledged by management.

Anyway, I am happy to now know there are steps that can be taken beyond simply telling a manager about a wonderful experience with a CM. Only problem now is I'll be writing letters for three weeks after I come back from every trip.

Thank you ALL so very, very much for everything you do for us. You really are the MAGIC!

2008, Carribbean Beach Resort (my first trip to WDW!; 2009, Port Orleans Riverside; 2012, Coranado Springs; and in 2014, Sophie's Polynesian extavaganza
eastcarolinafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #38
RadGirl
i was lurking, but i'm afraid my glow gave me away..

This is a great thread!

Question for CMs: Im sure that throughout the course of my day I'll come across many wonderful CMs. Would it be wrong to request to take their picture so i can have their name for when i fill out the guest relations cards? On the one hand is either that or a notebook, and i would prefer a pic (w/ my phone) so i can more easily recall details of our interaction. On the other, can you say "staker-ish"? (Come on say it. Its fun to say)

Should I just come up straight up and say "I want to take your picture so i can remember your name latter for when i fill a guest relation card"? (That seems akward to me for some reason...)

Or should i try to play it off and try to take the pic all ninja style?, "what? Me? No ma'am. I wasn't taking a picture of your cleavage..."

: me : dh :dd :dd
RadGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #39
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

I'm enjoying this thread as well! I have had such great CM interaction and help that I too have emailed and written to corporate to express my thanks. I have received email responses, and also phone calls from someone at corporate who is speaking for Meg (Crofton). It pleases me to know that I have gotten recognition for these CMs who go above and beyond to make my stay even more magical.
I do have a question for you CMs: does it take a long time for our letters/emails, etc. to get back to you?
dreamcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #40
Onalise
Mouseketeer

I have been asked numerous times to take pictures with guests! This is one way to make it less odd, ask the CM to pose with you!
Onalise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #41
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
I do have a question for you CMs: does it take a long time for our letters/emails, etc. to get back to you?
I just (last week) received a letter from a guest I helped back in early 2012. Her letter was dated 4/30/12, so I'm guessing she didn't write until she had been home for 2 or 3 months.

Now, granted, the letter was sent to the GM of the resort I used to work at ... but since then, I've changed roles twice, and am now in a completely different department, so I can understand some additional time to get it to me.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #42
Iloveeliot
DIS Veteran

We had the most amazing photo pass photographer ever and I didn't even think of doing any of this. It has been a year and a half since our trip and I still think about how special she made our experience. I wish I knew her name so I could write a letter now! I guess there is no way I could track her down at this point but I wish I could. Next trip I will remember to get names and go to guest relations or write a letter when I get home.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #43
Iloveeliot
DIS Veteran

Silly question but a year and a half later, if I called them with my photo pass ID and a number of a photo on my disk they wouldn't know the photographer right?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #44
Jenntx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment
WDW Guest Communications
PO Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

or

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Make sure you include the date, time, park or resort (and location) and cast member name from the name tag. The office that gets these can research to see exactly who the Cast Member was, and will send the correspondence, through managerial channels, to the direct supervisor of the CM. Usually a copy will also go in the personnel records.

Often, favorable comments will be read at a pre-opening team meeting.
I love the DIS Boards for how much I learn here! Thank you CM's for taking the time to respond to this thread - learned so much. We will be taking our 4th trip to the world in May - so I will be definitely be watching for great customer service & will send a hand written letter when I get home. I must say though I've never had bad customer service!
Jenntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #45
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyracuseWolvrine View Post
I just (last week) received a letter from a guest I helped back in early 2012. Her letter was dated 4/30/12, so I'm guessing she didn't write until she had been home for 2 or 3 months.

Now, granted, the letter was sent to the GM of the resort I used to work at ... but since then, I've changed roles twice, and am now in a completely different department, so I can understand some additional time to get it to me.
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. The reason I asked it was that we had contact on a future visit with a CM we had written a letter of praise about, and she said she had *just* received the letter; it had been several weeks since I had written the note, and did address it to Meg Crofton, so perhaps it had to go thru certain channels. I just want to know that the intended CM is notified and "rewarded"!
dreamcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: