Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #376
enchantedream88
Mouseketeer

Hey Michelle!! So, your wedding is gorgeous! I'm loving all the updates so far.

I have a question about the aisle runner. I'm on the Event Bella site now, and trying to figure out what/how to order a similar runner. (I basically want the same aisle runner w/the carriage you had, but I want to change the color of the font) Any help would be appreciated!

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

D&B's Wishes Wedding PJ - August 3, 2013
enchantedream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #377
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantedream88 View Post
Hey Michelle!! So, your wedding is gorgeous! I'm loving all the updates so far.

I have a question about the aisle runner. I'm on the Event Bella site now, and trying to figure out what/how to order a similar runner. (I basically want the same aisle runner w/the carriage you had, but I want to change the color of the font) Any help would be appreciated!
Hey! Thanks so much!!!
Basically what you want to do, is email Tamara and just tell her what changes you will want to do. I'll email her later today and let her know that you are interested in sometging sililar to ours. She will then send you a quote and she will also send you two examples and yiu can make changes from there. Hope that helps!!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #378
ginny114
Disney Bride

I would be more than Happy To rent the cake table!! (For the right price, gotta stay on a budget). we will be down there early and my mom is always looking to drive somewhere, so if your dad didnt wanna waste the gas we could pick it up. and then she could bring it back the next day. or Whatever. my cake is almost identical to yours. even the castle topper. so it would fit! Our wedding is March 7th 2013 at the grand floridian ballroom. Its a noon ceremony so we would have to get it a day or two before then. we are flying in on the 4th monday. PLEASE let me know what you think. I am sure alot of brides would LOVE to rent this peice.

Another question....We are 1100 dollars short of our budget. is there any thing you would suggest adding that ou wish you had. I am lost as to what to add to the wedding

have a great day!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #379
ginny114
Disney Bride

Any word from you and your dad on if i can rent that beautiful cake stand? my planner said it shouldnt be a problem.

Thank you!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #380
2012DisneyWorldBride

Hey!! Yes we are okay with you renting it. The only thing I would prefer to be the one to transport it. Plus we couldn't fit it in my SUV it had to go in my moms GMC Envoy and that was pushing it cause its so big. Another thing to think about is our planner didn't really want us to drop it off till the morning of the wedding since the bakery will just put it on the stand right before it comes to your reception. The only reason they let us drop it off the day before is because I had a 10:00 am ceremony and we had some decorating to the morning of the wedding. Where is your reception?

Sorry it tok me a while to get back to you... Since we booked our MK/Epcot bridal portrait session just last week we are scrambling to get things done so we can leave this weekend. Ugh I'm stressed!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
Old 02-11-2013, 01:59 AM   #381
2012DisneyWorldBride

Ahhhh I'm freaking out!!! We're awake and getting ready for our MK / Epcot photoshoot. Ana should be here any minute for hair and makeup. Wish us luck!!!!!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:52 AM   #382
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
Ahhhh I'm freaking out!!! We're awake and getting ready for our MK / Epcot photoshoot. Ana should be here any minute for hair and makeup. Wish us luck!!!!!
Have fun!!!
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #383
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to hear how it all went!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #384
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see your portrait pics.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #385
belle2211
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear how it went and to see pictures
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #386
2012DisneyWorldBride

Sorry it took me so long to write about what happened in our Magic Kingdom/Epcot in park Bridal Portrait shoot and I know I still need to keep up with the wedding pictures since I still have like 2 more disks of pictures!

We ended up staying at POR in one of the royal rooms pool view. We booked this shoot at like 2 weeks out so it was either POR royal room or CSR. When we arrived at like 11:00 am we had went to the check in desk (which was all lined up because people were checking out... People still walk down to the desk to check out?!?!?!? We never do... we always do the auto check outs) We waited in line for an hour and finally got up to a gentleman at the desk. We explained what we were at Disney for and explained to him that we had my cleaned and pressed dress hanging in my car and that we had a dinner reservation at BOG for 4:15 pm (I know early but we are friends with the manager and he was able to get us a reservation at such late notice as long as we came early.... which was fine because the next morning I had to wake up at 1:30 am!) We told the guy at the front desk that we would really like to check in before we went to our dinner reservation that way my dress wasnt hanging int he car till 6:30 that night. He said that he would let housekeeping know to head over to clean our room since it was already vacant and we told them to text us when it was ready that we were going to DTD for lunch at Earl of Sandwich. Well... after lunch and still no text... long story short we finally got checked in at 3:30... thanks dude at the check in desk for getting us checked in early... not we actually had to go back to the check in people and yell at them. I mean it was vacant at 12:00!!!!!!!!! 3.5 hours to clean our room... come on!

We drove around to Oak building and parked and started unloading quickly so we could change and head to MK for BOG at 4:15 pm. Well we paid for a pool view (not that it really mattered because we were really only using the room to sleep in, get ready in, and get my hair and make up done in. But we couldnt even see the pool.... I was a little ticked off because we paid extra for that. Oh well...

We changed and were off to MK for our dinner. We have eaten inside BOG for 2 lunches and now 2 dinners... and I still am in awe when I walk in... Its so amazing and the food is great. Like I said we know the manager, and he came over to see us and we told him what we were doing the next morning and he has another cast member friend that has done the same thing and said how they had an amazing time. We told him that we were going to try to come inside BOG for pictures and he gave his approval for it but said that they dont want anyone messing with the tables because they weigh a ton and they dont want the floor scratched. It was cool of him to give us the okay and that he would actually be there at 5:30 am because he technically is the lunch manager.

We finished up with our dinner and headed back to the hotel. I curled my extensions (same thing I did for the wedding) and we called it a night!

I had trouble sleeping again before our shoot... I told Jeff I was more nervous for the shoot than our wedding day! I mean we were told we would either have Ty Or Amy but that can always change and Disney has the right to block anything off they need to and you dont know until that day when you get there. I woke up at 1:00 am just to make sure I had extra time, I decided not to get fake nails put on again because for some reason when I took them off they took me like 5 hours to get off and my nails were shot underneath (my mom only took like 30 mins to get hers off...but I had the UV coating on mine), so that morning I put on the kiss french press on nails, I have used them for other things when Ive been in a pinch and they worked just fine.

Ana came at 3:00 am (she is who came on my wedding day). She did my hair first and then my make up. I had brought wedding pictures just to refresh her memory and make sure she knew how Ami did my make up on the wedding day (because for your park shoot they only send one person just FYI) We were deciding when I was booking with Veronica if Ana should come at 3:00 am or 3:30 am... I am glad she came that extra 1/2 hour early. She recreated my wedding day looks great and I was one happy camper that my mom paid for me to get hair and make up done... it saved me a lot of stress. Amy with Disney photography called at 5:00 am (one hour before they are supposed to pick up because they have had brides and grooms over sleep before). I was soooooo happy that Amy called!!!!!!!!!!! Ana helped get me into my dress and she left when I was comfortable. Then Jeff got dressed and we headed to the lobby (we decided to walk over there).

Oh side note.... I was debating on whether to get my bouquet done again but didnt want to spend the $265 for it... Well Disney Photography let me borrow a silk bouquet (FYI).... it wasnt my wedding colors, it was pink and white peonies, but my was it pretty!!! I was happy they let me borrow it. So ask about it if you dont want to get yours made again.

Amy was in the lobby at 5:50 am waiting for us with her assistant. She was very friendly but to the point. We walked out to their car... which was kinda small for the girls with big dresses. It was inbetween a suv and mini van but didnt have a bench seat in the back so I had to sit carefully. She asked what shots we wanted and me being the overly prepared person had a list and sample pictures of every shot I wanted. I told her castle is my most important then BOG and then if we have time haunted mansion...but mainly castle. We went backstage between contemporary and space mountain, and drove back to a gate, when we were finally backstage we ended up going in by the building to splash mountain...weird to see it from another perspective...it was just a building.... and we ended up going in right next to splash and drove up the road. There were tons of workers and bright lights but it was still kinda creepy lol. We parked in front of Liberty Tree Tavern and walked towards the castle. We stopped on the bridge facing the castle and Amy dialed something on her phone and then had me press 1 and look at the castle.... THE LIGHTS CAME ON!!!!!! I TURNED ON THE CASTLE LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW COOL! THAT WAS THE BEST THING OF THE SHOOT LOL.

We then did the moat pictures first... the money shot. Then went in front the castle and then on the stage then in the archway then in CRT lobby with the elevator, armor guy, and the famous bathroom door lol. I asked about the balcony that you all Im sure have seen pictures at before and was told they stopped doing it because the railing isnt high enough... FYI. Then we decided to head over to BOG. We got really cool pictures around outside BOG and inside the lobby and on the edge of the dining room, but even though we had the managers approval Amy still wouldnt go very far into the dining room. Then we went over and took a picture by the carriage that they had in the park for true love week. Then we headed back to the car and were off to Epcot.

We drove in backstage at Canada and walked in the back door or Le Cellier and took pictures in there, then went out to the pretty area by Le Cellier for pictures, then back by the waterfall - but it was shut off! oh well... Then we headed to Morocco, we did the usual pictures that I wanted by the doors and arches and then Amy got creative and took us in the little shop there and had us sit on the bench that was covered with what looked like magic carpets from aladdin and I think those will turn out really neat... And we did a sexy shot shot up against a red door...well those of you that have seen my heels know that they are super high and super uncomfortable... well Amy had me doing this pose that I leaned back against the door frame and put my shoe up against it and leaned back while I was holding my dress up and then Jeff came in and was holding my dress... hurt so bad to stay in that position with those shoes and big dress but the result looked really neat when she showed me! Then we headed to Italy and did the usual shots that I wanted and then we headed into the wine cellar and took really neat pictures in there.... by this time we were EXHAUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it was time to head back. They said we would have the website running in 3-4 weeks and then we could go from there. With the disk being $750 we will probably wait a while to purchase it (We have 5 years to buy it) and just purchase our prints through Disney for now.

Amy was very sweet and I know we will love our pictures with her. She knew just the right things that would make them look awesome. I was very very happy to have her.

The experience was one in a life time.... we are super glad that we did the shoot and I will remember it forever and I will brag forever about being able to turn the castle lights on. If anyone is on the fence for it... and you can swing it with the money aspect - DO IT!!!!!! How many girls can say they have pictures of them in their wedding dress in front of Cinderellas Castle with no one but workers in the park.... only us girls! And I got to turn the castle lights on!!!!!

I will def give you girls the log in for the pictures when we get it.

And even though we were EXHAUSTED we went back to the hotel (we got back about 10:30 am), changed, packed up, and headed to the park for lunch at crystal palace and rode some rides and headed to drive home about 4 pm. LONG but MAGICAL DAY!!!

Last edited by 2012DisneyWorldBride; 02-27-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #387
2012DisneyWorldBride

After Reception Pics

I havent added pictures on here in a while...so I thought I better get doing that again. Here are the pictures we took after the reception. We had Randy for 2 extra hours and he ended up staying for 3 extra hours. We did some more around the GF and then headed over to the boardwalk for some pictures.

Balloons in front of GF

On steps of GF

GF tree

Our room balcony

GF pool

Monorail

Old 03-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #388
2012DisneyWorldBride

Photobooth

Bike

On bridge at boardwalk

Old 03-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #389
2012DisneyWorldBride

Shipwreck Beach

On boardwalk

Old 03-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #390
2012DisneyWorldBride

By lighthouse

Atlantic Dance Hall

Up Next: Dessert Party pictures (Non professional)
Final: Vendor Reviews, Glad I did/Wish I didnt, and hints on things I would have done differently
Then: Back on for my trip report

Tags
disney, planning journal, wedding, wishes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: