DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
jp02
Mouseketeer

How often are resale sites updated?

How often do the brokers update their websites? I know Fidelity updates on Tuesday and Friday afternoon, but I'm not sure about the other 3. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

I don't know, but I have put offers on two contracts at Fidelity and was told both were taken off by the seller...except a week later they are both still on there.

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

TSS updates seem to be daily, and perhaps up to the hour. When I have purchased from them, the contracts that I have bought are marked sale pending within hours of acceptance. They seem to have new listings on a daily basis. The unmentionable website seems to update fairly regularly, as well. I do not follow the third site as much, so I don't have a sense of the frequency of their updates. They don't seem to have nearly as much inventory as the other 3 majors.
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Which is the front runner amongst the top 3 as far as number of listings
Old 02-09-2013, 05:08 AM   #5
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

I am in the process of buying a contract through the TSS and it showed sale pending about an hour after the seller and I agreed on a deal. So, in terms of that, they are pretty quick. I also check them daily and it seems they list daily too. I believe the last few numbers of the contract number they use when listing is the day it went up and I always see new ones daily.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
deerislemaine
Mouseketeer

We have had great success with the TSS. We just recently purchased our second resale contract (this time BWV). We called our sales rep, and she told us what the high and low price for BWV resales had been in the last six months, and we talked about contracts that had come available lately. We were thinking about OKW and BWV, so we go information on both of them and then waited for a June use year. We got an email with a June use year contract that we liked and made an offer. Our sale rep. called the seller, and our price was accepted within the day. The contract with marked as pending that day as well.

I found TSS very good to work with, and the closing took place faster than estimated. The sellers helped with that too. We were able to close in time to get a New Years reservation for BWV.

If we do another purchase, we'll TSS again if that's any help for your decision.

Good luck.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #7
lodge
DIS Veteran

TSS doesn't seem to follow a pattern, certain days or times. They are great at updating when under contract (likely eliminates all the calls on the unavailable contracts). Another resaler states on their site that they put new listings up at 8pm, which has been true... no certain days, just as some come along, at 8pm.

I love watching the ebb and flow of the whole process and greeting new owners home!!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
radmcg
Mouseketeer

We bought through TSS and they were great put our listing as pending as soon as the contract was accepted. I have been looking for an add on and 2 of the other companies would leave listings on for days or in 2 cases weeks that I was told were sold the day they went up. One of the big 4 sends 2 different email list. One is generic and goes out on friday. The other is resort specific and goes out as soon as they are listed. My advise get on all the email list and check the sites daily if not multiple times a day. You might save yourself some time by asking the brokers directly what is the fastest way to get their listings. Thats how I got on the resort specific list of one of them.
HTH
Rad
radmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #9
Homemom
DIS Veteran

If I could hijacks minute please, I've seen the phrase about the 4 major sites listed, but who am I missing? I know about TTS, Fidelity, the mother/son, but can I have a hint about the fourth one please? Thank you! I'm getting addonitis.

WDW: Sept 04, Dec 05, Jan 09, Nov 11, Sept 12, Feb 14
DL: Feb 05, April 06, Feb 07, Oct 07, Sept 10, Jan 12, Jan 13
DCL: Jan 10, Oct 13
Homemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #10
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

I believe the other is DVC by Resale, the contact is Shontell.

http://www.dvcbyresale.com/

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #11
ELMC
DIS Veteran

As has been pointed out to me when I said the same thing, I think the phrase "four major resellers" is a bit misleading as it assumes that all brokers are on the same level in terms of capacity and number of listings available, which is not the case.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #12
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
As has been pointed out to me when I said the same thing, I think the phrase "four major resellers" is a bit misleading as it assumes that all brokers are on the same level in terms of capacity and number of listings available, which is not the case.
Perhaps they should be called the "four most experienced DVC resellers" or maybe "the four most reliable".

I was counting the inventory, and I was surprised sizable difference across those four brokers.
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #13
Illini Al
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I think the phrase "four major resellers" is a bit misleading as it assumes that all brokers are on the same level in terms of capacity and number of listings available.
Interesting. I would never assume that. Just as if I said the "four major fast food chains", I would expect no one to assume that they do the same amount of business as each other or serve the same number of customers. Anyway, your point is well taken -- a quick look at the 4 sites and one can very easily see the differences.
Illini Al is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: