Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 03:46 AM   #1
georgiesmum
Mouseketeer

Birthday Plans...am I missing anything.

DH, DD4 and I are going to DL for my 40th b'day. This is my plan for the day, I just want to know if I'm missing something - it's as much for DD4 as for me, she loves birthdays! We're staying at DLH so I'm going to arrange a character wake up call. Then EE to DL, picking up a birthday button as we go and doing some rides. Straight to TL train station as soon as possible to see if we can get a rid on the Lily Belle. Breakfast with Minnie and friends at 10 (don't want to waste EE time) and dinner at BB with a special princess birthday box and cake. With DD4 we'll be just going with the flow for rides etc during the day (we'll be at the parks for up to 9 days so there's no need to rush). Is there any special things I'm missing? It's going to be the best birthday ever anyway but I just want to put in as many special fun things for us as I can.
georgiesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:50 AM   #2
larina
DIS Veteran

I would get the Birthday Button at DLH at check-in. They should have them there (or is this only at concierge?).
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
Bellestreak
Mouseketeer

When we were there for my birthday in August, we got a birthday button at DLH on check in. They had on the reservation that it was my birthday and they had the button and a signed princess photo waiting for me.
Bellestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

We have gotten a free birthday balloon at check in too!

Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiesmum View Post
Straight to TL train station as soon as possible to see if we can get a rid on the Lily Belle.
I honestly would not waste the time, as they are not doing rides while Main St is closed. Even Club 33 members are being told no rides during the remodel.
Malcon10t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
acpalmer
Mouseketeer

Do they still have the Birthday party with Pat-E-Cake and Mickey and Minnie at the Plaza in the afternoons? We did that with our kids one year (it was a long time ago--2007, I think) and they had a good time. We each got our own little cake to decorate and there was some singing/dancing. It was short--an hour maybe, tops--but fun and it was nice to get pics with Mickey and Minnie together.

acpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: