DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #3301
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.
 
horselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,940

Just a few more shots.

It's very difficult to get a clear shot of the Lodge from the path. Too many tall trees & overgrowth. This was the best I could do. I like it though.


Look it's a hidden Mickey!


Practicing their best tree pose


Teenagers are so much nicer when they're on vacation!






That's all!
__________________
horselover is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #3302
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.
 
horselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,940

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Hey Folks
Thank you for all the prayers on behalf of our kitty. She was on Ts shoulder this AM for 2 hrs, so she at least came out of hiding. She is drinking a little water, still no food yet, but is urinating, so thats a plus. She looks a like she has little more life in her than yesterday, but still a ways to go to be back to her norm.
Prayers for your kitty Jimmy.
__________________
horselover is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #3303
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to
 
sleepydog25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Twixt here and there
Posts: 3,367

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Just a few more shots.

It's very difficult to get a clear shot of the Lodge from the path. Too many tall trees & overgrowth. This was the best I could do. I like it though.


Look it's a hidden Mickey!


Practicing their best tree pose


Teenagers are so much nicer when they're on vacation!






That's all!
Loved your photos, especially those along the nature trail. I'm so glad you "discovered" it on this trip. It's just so serene and, as you so beautifully captured in your pics, it has superb views of the Lodge. You're right about how quickly kids grow up and the tug of emotions seeing them grow and develop their own personas. Loved that shot, too. And, I don't know that I've ever seen a picture capture all three modes of transportation at once--superb! Your pics sure make me want to be at Disney right now. Thanks!
__________________
Patrick "aka" Sleepydog, Sleepy, or Slydog
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery



sleepydog25 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #3304
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)
 
jimmytammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 7,686

Love the pics Julie!!
Wasnt it great being FF? And what a perfect day for it, weather, though it may have been cool, looked just perfect! Stan was there in Spirit with you folks, he was a groupie at heart
__________________
jimmytammy is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #3305
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.
 
horselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,940

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
Loved your photos, especially those along the nature trail. I'm so glad you "discovered" it on this trip. It's just so serene and, as you so beautifully captured in your pics, it has superb views of the Lodge. You're right about how quickly kids grow up and the tug of emotions seeing them grow and develop their own personas. Loved that shot, too. And, I don't know that I've ever seen a picture capture all three modes of transportation at once--superb! Your pics sure make me want to be at Disney right now. Thanks!
Thanks! It was so peaceful & serene. We didn't see another soul on the path but we did see some deer. Not quick enough with my camera though. The sounds of the train & the boat horns could be heard as well. Just lovely. We'll definitely be making this a tradition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Love the pics Julie!!
Wasnt it great being FF? And what a perfect day for it, weather, though it may have been cool, looked just perfect! Stan was there in Spirit with you folks, he was a groupie at heart
It was so great being flag family! It was a long time coming but worth the wait. A very special memory for sure. Sending you a PM for the vacation list! Looks like we'll be overlapping a couple folks in Oct. & Dec.!
__________________
horselover is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #3306
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,673

I loved seeing the photos of being a flag family!! I would love to do that, but alas my kids are dogs and must stay home! maybe in the future!
__________________
Kathymford is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #3307
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas
 
Linda67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,397

Horselover - thanks so much for taking the time to post your pictures

My husband and I are going to be saying at VWL in December this year and it makes me so excited to see your wonderful photos!

We had the pleasure of Ranger Jack looking after us when we were flag family a couple of years ago and he was delightful

I love this thread - gives me with that "lodge feeling" from all the way out in England
Linda67 is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #3308
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.
 
horselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I loved seeing the photos of being a flag family!! I would love to do that, but alas my kids are dogs and must stay home! maybe in the future!
You don't have to have kids to be flag family. Sign up if you can. You won't regret it.
__________________
horselover is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #3309
bagsmom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: North of Florida, south of Tennessee
Posts: 412

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Horselover! How fun! My two boys are about 1 1/2 years behind yours. I'm already noticing my oldest start to withdraw into teenager mode, and he's not even there yet! Luckily, I think we'll be going back to WDW just in time -- while one is still not "too cool" for the magic! (I'm going to force the big one to have fun!) No, I'm kidding. He will have fun! But you are right about seeing them grow and change. My DH is not a Disney weirdo and he doesn't quite understand why I am so frantic to get them back to Disney this year, before they go into that next stage.

Hey -- can I ask you about your photo of the water -- caption said you were taking the boat for 7 a.m. rope drop. I had read that the boats only start running a half hour before opening. We are early birds who like to be there an hour before opening, so we figured we'd have to take a cab to the Contemporary and walk. Any thoughts on this? Anyone?

I just loved your pictures of your lovely family! I don't know how I'm going to stand waiting for summer! I might just explode before we get there!
bagsmom is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #3310
bagsmom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: North of Florida, south of Tennessee
Posts: 412

A ride question

Have any of you done the less intense version of Mission Space? How is it? About like Star Tours? Or worse? Thanks!
bagsmom is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #3311
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Have any of you done the less intense version of Mission Space? How is it? About like Star Tours? Or worse? Thanks!
We do the less intenese and have no problem with it. My mother even did it back in 2009 and we thought she wouldn't like it and it was her favorite. Totally different from Star Tours since Mission Space is in a smaller space.
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #3312
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.
 
horselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,940

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Hey -- can I ask you about your photo of the water -- caption said you were taking the boat for 7 a.m. rope drop. I had read that the boats only start running a half hour before opening. We are early birds who like to be there an hour before opening, so we figured we'd have to take a cab to the Contemporary and walk. Any thoughts on this? Anyone?

I just loved your pictures of your lovely family! I don't know how I'm going to stand waiting for summer! I might just explode before we get there!
Thank you! Yes, boats start 30 min. before park opening. I think we may have been on the 1st boat over when I took that transportation shot but I'm not positive. Not sure if the buses start running earlier. We never take the bus unless the weather is bad.

Also, we've only done the green version of Mission Space but I thought it was fine. No more intense then Star Tours.
__________________
horselover is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #3313
tea pot
DIS Veteran
 
tea pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,146

Jimmy
Prayers for your Little Kitty
We have 3 as you know, and the last little one has had many issues
but they are so worth it, our Bundles of Furry Blessings.

Horselover
Thanks for the Wonderful Pics
Love the family shots, yes yes they do grow up so fast
Treasure those moments even the teenage ones.
__________________

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
tea pot is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #3314
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)
 
jimmytammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 7,686

Bailey is slowly getting back to her old self. She ate 2 small treats, 1st food since Wed night. She drank more water today than yesterday. She is sitting on moms lap, which she hasnt done much of since Thurs. SO she is slowly getting there.

Thanks for all your prayers, as God says, if he cares for the birds of the sky, why wouldnt he care for our needs, and in this case, for a tiny kitty.
__________________
jimmytammy is offline  
Old 02-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #3315
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 58,182

Thank you for the pictures, horselover!

Bobbi
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: