Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #106
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

I'm mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #107
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Well, at least a few of us are keeping up with our horticultural photography endeavors!

By the way - does anyone here 'stop and smell the roses' in their own neighborhoods, or in random everyday places you might go to run errands, etc? Am I the only crazy person known to lurk up and down my street and around my neighborhood, snapping covert flower photos? I am not kidding, either - I will go out to run errands or walk around and just start snapping away if I stumble upon some beautiful flowers. I will actually go out of my way to walk down a particular street if I remember seeing gorgeous flowers there. The neighbors look at me a little strangely, and then I quickly say something like, "Uh...I'm working on a project" to make myself look less crazy!

Again, all from December 2012...

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #108
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

I'll have to remember to stop and smell the roses more around home. There are a couple places I remember seeing flowers I like but I think I don't pay attention enough. Good thought! Love the pictures, first is my favorite.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
jessica52877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #109
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
I'll have to remember to stop and smell the roses more around home. There are a couple places I remember seeing flowers I like but I think I don't pay attention enough. Good thought! Love the pictures, first is my favorite.
I think that happens to all of us - we just don't pay attention to a lot of things that are right at our doorsteps, more or less. I just kind of started noticing the flowers around my neighborhood in more depth in the last 4 or 5 years or so. And they aren't always winners. Depending on the seasons and where the flowers are in their blooming cycles, some of them can look downright pitiful.

But every now and then I will turn on a particular street and find one gorgeous flower bed or rose bush or plant after another. One street can look like the Southwest, with cactus flowers and rock gardens. The next street over can look like the South of France, with Bougainvilleas, sunflowers, cascading rose bushes spilling out above the sidewalks, and delicate little lacy flowers punctuating random hedges.

Disney, of course, does such an incredible job with their flowers and plants in terms of fitting the appropriate ones to certain areas. I am always amazed when I find a flower bed full of wilting flowers in the parks because I expect the gardeners to be so quick to remove them. But I guess not?

The red, white and green flower arrangement that I found in front of the Candlelight Ceremony stage in December (photos on previous page) was perhaps the most vibrant and beautiful arrangement I had seen at Disneyland Resort thus far. I think it was because the flowers were fresh and were at their peak and they packed such a punch of rich holiday color.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #110
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

Old 02-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #111
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

Old 02-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #112
EmmersIsTheMommy
Ew maybe the dolls dance all night. *shudder*
... and she shall be called Epic Emily (per Crush)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm mikey View Post

[/IMG]
Ohhhhh Where is this?!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #113
I'm mikey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmersIsTheMommy View Post
Ohhhhh Where is this?!
This pic was taken in tomorrowland near the entrance of Star Tours.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #114
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Awe-Mazing Mikey!
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: