Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #1456
debf
Mouseketeer
 
debf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate,New York
Posts: 326

I just booked for Aug 22-Aug 31.First time at POFQ. I booked standard but DD really wants river view. For the small amount of time we are in the room I'm just not sure if it would be worth it. Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed for "free dining" to come out.
__________________
(me) (DH) (DD) (DS) :dog



debf is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 12:04 AM   #1457
LukeSkywalker
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2

Question!

So this June will be my 7th time in WDW but my first at POFQ! Me and my dad love getting up early to get coffee and sit outside of the food court at the resorts we've stayed at. My question for those of you who have stayed here is whether or not there is a good place to take your coffee (and pecan roll) and sit outside and just eat/drink. Thanks for your help!
LukeSkywalker is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-11-2013, 01:45 AM   #1458
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran
 
strmtroopr96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ilion, NY
Posts: 2,254

Quote:
Originally Posted by debf View Post
I just booked for Aug 22-Aug 31.First time at POFQ. I booked standard but DD really wants river view. For the small amount of time we are in the room I'm just not sure if it would be worth it. Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed for "free dining" to come out.
Hi from a fellow Upstate NYer!! We just stayed at FQ last August/September for the first time and LOVED it!!! We booked a Garden View but had put in a request for building 2, 3rd floor, and a corner room. When we checked in our room wasn't ready yet but the CM told us we had been upgraded.

We ended up in room 2332...best room ever! We had a corner room with one window overlooking the pool slide and the other overlooking the river/boat dock. We loved our view but really any view at FQ would be a great one. It is such a pretty resort. I think you'll enjoy any view that you have.
__________________
Rebecca~ Jamison Emily (14)~Avery (7)
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
strmtroopr96 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 02:19 AM   #1459
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,309

Quote:
Originally Posted by debf View Post
I just booked for Aug 22-Aug 31.First time at POFQ. I booked standard but DD really wants river view.
There's no harm in faxing in a request (closer to your arrival date) for a room which is near to, or has a partial view of, the river. What's the worst that can happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
My question for those of you who have stayed here is whether or not there is a good place to take your coffee (and pecan roll) and sit outside and just eat/drink. Thanks for your help!
There are loads of places to sit around the resort. Right outside the food court is a smoking area though, so you may want to move just a little further away.



There are several fountains within a couple of minutes walk which are nice to sit by too.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 06:16 AM   #1460
middlesista
Mouseketeer
 
middlesista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmtroopr96 View Post
Hi from a fellow Upstate NYer!! We just stayed at FQ last August/September for the first time and LOVED it!!! We booked a Garden View but had put in a request for building 2, 3rd floor, and a corner room. When we checked in our room wasn't ready yet but the CM told us we had been upgraded.

We ended up in room 2332...best room ever! We had a corner room with one window overlooking the pool slide and the other overlooking the river/boat dock. We loved our view but really any view at FQ would be a great one. It is such a pretty resort. I think you'll enjoy any view that you have.
Did you ask for the upgrade or was this something that the resort just did? I have read a few threads about upgrades and some folks seem to ask for them (and not always get the upgrade) whereas others mention that they got an upgrade but do not mention that they asked for the upgrade. Is this one of those pixie dust moment?
__________________

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 06:23 AM   #1461
lttlmc3
You can ship it. I'll still eat it
If I were a ghost, I would def. stay at WDW!
 
lttlmc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,339

I'm not sure what you mean about upgrades. Do you mean water view? We stayed in Oct and had a waterview room. We stayed in rm 2330
lttlmc3 is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #1462
middlesista
Mouseketeer
 
middlesista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by lttlmc3 View Post
I'm not sure what you mean about upgrades. Do you mean water view? We stayed in Oct and had a waterview room. We stayed in rm 2330
I have read about upgrades that include a moderatre to a deluxe resort, a larger room, better view, etc. Seems to vary.
__________________

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #1463
wdwfanva
Mouseketeer
 
wdwfanva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 139

Just realized we check-in in 5 days!!!!!!!!!!! Where did the time go My birthday trip!!!!!!!!
wdwfanva is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #1464
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran
 
pepe of ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border
Posts: 6,586

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfanva
Just realized we check-in in 5 days!!!!!!!!!!! Where did the time go My birthday trip!!!!!!!!
You'll also say that when you're returning home....
__________________
"May you live as long as you want and never want for as long as you live".

DIS Dads Club Member

Last edited by pepe of ohio; 02-11-2013 at 06:47 PM.
pepe of ohio is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #1465
debf
Mouseketeer
 
debf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate,New York
Posts: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmtroopr96 View Post
Hi from a fellow Upstate NYer!! We just stayed at FQ last August/September for the first time and LOVED it!!! We booked a Garden View but had put in a request for building 2, 3rd floor, and a corner room. When we checked in our room wasn't ready yet but the CM told us we had been upgraded.

We ended up in room 2332...best room ever! We had a corner room with one window overlooking the pool slide and the other overlooking the river/boat dock. We loved our view but really any view at FQ would be a great one. It is such a pretty resort. I think you'll enjoy any view that you have.
That sounds like it would be a really nice room. Last time we stayed at CSR and we got a corner pool view. We didn't ask for anything we just got lucky. We are really looking forward to our stay at POFQ.
__________________
(me) (DH) (DD) (DS) :dog



debf is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #1466
LukeSkywalker
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2

There are loads of places to sit around the resort. Right outside the food court is a smoking area though, so you may want to move just a little further away.

There are several fountains within a couple of minutes walk which are nice to sit by too.


Those places look amazing! Are there any areas that have tables also? Like any outdoor dining areas in FQ?
LukeSkywalker is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 01:44 AM   #1467
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesista View Post
I have read about upgrades that include a moderatre to a deluxe resort, a larger room, better view, etc. Seems to vary.
Our first ever on property stay, we were booked at Pop. We arrived late in the evening and I was so disoriented. The cm was super weird at check in and kept going back and forth to speak to someone. Finally she came back and told me how they would like to extend an offer for a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe resort. We then were asked what our favorite park was... and we were shipped over to YC.

Didn't ask... didn't expect... but it was the pixie dust of a lifetime for sure!
annmarieda is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #1468
middlesista
Mouseketeer
 
middlesista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Our first ever on property stay, we were booked at Pop. We arrived late in the evening and I was so disoriented. The cm was super weird at check in and kept going back and forth to speak to someone. Finally she came back and told me how they would like to extend an offer for a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe resort. We then were asked what our favorite park was... and we were shipped over to YC.

Didn't ask... didn't expect... but it was the pixie dust of a lifetime for sure!
WOW!! What a great surprise.
__________________

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #1469
karly05
DIS Veteran
 
karly05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I am here with the Bird
Posts: 1,736

Just came home today from a wonderful first stay at POFQ! THANK YOU to Andre and his site and this thread and all the POFQ fans on the Dis for convincing me to stay there. I will definitely be back.

POFQ is so pretty! I had an ideal room location, bldg 5, 3rd floor overlooking the lawn where they show the movies. I nearly always used the stairs diagonally across from the "back door" of the food court, and it was so convenient. Thought the food court was good for breakfast and had a nice variety of choices (that's the only meal I had there, but had b'fast there every day). I liked the beignets but wasn't just totally bowled over by them (never had them anywhere else to compare). CMs were all nice, Mousekeeping was good, bus service good. Okay, if you hate buses, this won't change your mind, but I felt like I never had to wait very long for one, and even when we went through Riverside, it didn't add that much time. Took the boat back from DTD on Monday and it was a nice way to travel.

If you could just pick up the entirety of POFQ and set it down right outside the back gate of Epcot, it would be perfect!
__________________
1999 - Beach Club - Me & Sis
2004 - Polynesian - Me, Sis & Dad
2012 - Beach Club - My Awesome Solo Trip Adventure!
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
2015 - POFQ - As P&F say: Carpe Diem! 4 Parks in a Day

karly05 is offline  
Old 02-16-2013, 12:00 AM   #1470
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran
 
strmtroopr96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ilion, NY
Posts: 2,254

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesista View Post
Did you ask for the upgrade or was this something that the resort just did? I have read a few threads about upgrades and some folks seem to ask for them (and not always get the upgrade) whereas others mention that they got an upgrade but do not mention that they asked for the upgrade. Is this one of those pixie dust moment?
No, we didn't ask. Before our trip we put in some requests but had only booked a Garden View. When we arrived at POFQ (I think it was around 10-11 am), the CM checking us in said that our room wasn't ready yet but that we had been upgraded. We didn't know what that meant until later that night after we had gotten our room number and returned to the resort. It was a very nice surprise.
__________________
Rebecca~ Jamison Emily (14)~Avery (7)
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
strmtroopr96 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: