Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #2686
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
I'm full of love today... and concern...

Mousemommy... love the pics!

GrumpyGrandma... love that pup!

JanetB... love that you got some to play in!

Happy weekend KOOK, CHRISTINE, MISS, JENNYJINK, DETTIGG and rest of RCers!

I am worried about sjs314... CT big snow zone and no posting. Hope she didn't lose power again.
MAGIC Linda your so sweet to think of me I just told Janet we got 22" now they upped it to 24" looks like 30 around here. I have managed to shovel about 4 feet but Bella still will not go inside or out for me almost 36 hours so I am very worried about her. I can only shovel a little before my COPD gives me hell. Hopeing the complex comes soon to dig me out but I doubt it streets not even plowed yet

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 02-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #2687
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
That's what I'm hoping for, nice and easy. And yes I did request a full balcony particularly for naps and after bedtime. I did hear Poly rooms were bigger. I also thought I heard WL rooms were bigger, but that didn't make sense because they don't hold a party of 5?

And I like that too many choices...I'm not insanely obsessed or anything...just too many choices. Got it!

Thanks!
I AM obsessed Glad to have you join us!! WL aren't bigger than BC from what I've read. There is a Deluxe room (sleeps 6) but that's big bucks and at best only gives 5% discounts...if that...I did a trip with DH in a wheelchair, and it was so nice to walk to Epcot or the boat to DHS you can roll right on Now we are a family of 7 so we get 2 rooms Between all of us...we can help answer questions on just about any resort!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Pas I didn't know you could change your mind on tickets too. I probably did not need to know that.
Neither did I, I called and explained, and she was like, sure sent the tix back and I'll send you US tickets...then she credited my CC for the difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
MAGIC Linda your so sweet to think of me I just told Janet we got 22" now they upped it to 24" looks like 30 around here. I have managed to shovel about 4 feet but Bella still will not go inside or out for me almost 36 hours so I am very worried about her. I can only shovel a little before my COPD gives me hell. Hopeing the complex comes soon to dig me out but I doubt it streets not even plowed yet
Be safe Sheila! Poor Bella...my Brandy was like that when she got older I'd shovel a small space and that was enough for her....our Nancy...we can't get her OUT of the snow...silly pups

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #2688
Sue M
DIS Veteran

So I may be a bit of a resort changer. I have my August trip booked, at YC. Then decided to come in 2 days earlier and booked the BB offer for those 2 days at FQ. Now decided to surprise daughter and booked the 2 nights for GF. It's her dream resort. I'm looking forward to it too. I think we will just stay around the resort, with mornings in MK and just soak it all up. We have another 12 days at YC so will have lots of park time.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 02-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #2689
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
So I may be a bit of a resort changer. I have my August trip booked, at YC. Then decided to come in 2 days earlier and booked the BB offer for those 2 days at FQ. Now decided to surprise daughter and booked the 2 nights for GF. It's her dream resort. I'm looking forward to it too. I think we will just stay around the resort, with mornings in MK and just soak it all up. We have another 12 days at YC so will have lots of park time.
Welcome Sue!!! I recognize you from the BC thread!! The GF is my favorite!!! It is a great place to just chill, shop, relax at the pool or in the lobby! What a fantastic surprise!! And a perfect split stay!! ANd with the BB rate, even better!!!!!

Old 02-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #2690
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Sue! Nice to see you around these parts.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 02-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #2691
Dis703
DIS Veteran

A few BW BC questions

Just curious. For anyone who had stayed at the Boardwalk and BC which did you prefer and why?

Also, how small is the daybed at BW? In the description it's listed as a junior bed which is part of why we booked BC.

And do all the rooms at BW have full balconies? I read somewhere here that they do, but the description on Disney's site says "some" rooms have balconies.

TIA!

Old 02-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #2692
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just curious. For anyone who had stayed at the Boardwalk and BC which did you prefer and why?

Also, how small is the daybed at BW? In the description it's listed as a junior bed which is part of why we booked BC.

And do all the rooms at BW have full balconies? I read somewhere here that they do, but the description on Disney's site says "some" rooms have balconies.

TIA!
I've stayed in the villas at both. As silly as it sounds the main reason I prefer BCV is it is much easier to use the refillable mugs and grab something quick to eat in the morning.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #2693
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
I've stayed in the villas at both. As silly as it sounds the main reason I prefer BCV is it is much easier to use the refillable mugs and grab something quick to eat in the morning.
See now from reading descriptions of where you can get food and refills I was thinking the opposite. And that is funny you would pick over that. Everyone has their thing I guess. This will be our first trip using the mugs so we'll see how much I like them.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #2694
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703

TIA!
Have you considered yacht club ?? Most have balconies there..me I like the decor more at bwi..but I like the pool at bc better. The daybed is probably like poly/gf twin size. My 2 boys actually shared at gf 10 and 2 at the time I think

Old 02-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #2695
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

TIA!
At BWI they have the daybed where the back pulls down and makes a twin sized bed (like at the monorail resorts). At BC/YC I have gotten rooms with no daybed, the pull down daybed, and daybed that is basically a couch that you can sleep on if you pull off the back cushions and is much smaller then the other kind.

I agree with GG that snacks/mug refills are much easier at BC.

Don't know much about the balconies at BWI but I remember being on the Boardwalk and looking up. The rooms over the Boardwalk Bakery have standing room only balconies.

As pas said, YC will get you a full balcony.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #2696
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Hi All, glad everyone survived the shovel out.

So just off phone with BFF (our daughters are BFF's too) she owns at AKL and is going 2/24-3/1 we are booked 2/25 pop then 2/25-3/5 YC CL
Of course kids already asking if they can go to parks together and swim together. So this is making me consider split AKL/YC

Has anyone done this split?
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 02-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #2697
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
See now from reading descriptions of where you can get food and refills I was thinking the opposite. And that is funny you would pick over that. Everyone has their thing I guess. This will be our first trip using the mugs so we'll see how much I like them.
Just not into early morning having to go out on the Boardwalk .... feel like I have to be totally presentable for the world but for some reason if I just have to run downstairs to the gift shop area I don't feel I have to be as pulled together. Crazy .... right?
Old 02-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #2698
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

Just thought I would pop in before starting my homework and say hello. Since my online class was down on Friday, I have to do school work today.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #2699
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Welcome Sue!!! I recognize you from the BC thread!! The GF is my favorite!!! It is a great place to just chill, shop, relax at the pool or in the lobby! What a fantastic surprise!! And a perfect split stay!! ANd with the BB rate, even better!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hi Sue! Nice to see you around these parts.
nice to see a few familiar people here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Just thought I would pop in before starting my homework and say hello. Since my online class was down on Friday, I have to do school work today.
Thanks for the welcome!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Old 02-11-2013, 04:34 AM   #2700
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Let's start the week off with a little change...

to our newest Resort Changers! I hope everyone affected by Nemo is doing alright.

I got way behind DISing this weekend, but managed to find time to make a change. I am still holding on to FWC, just a little less since I added AKL CL and an extra night up front. I would have done this in reverse with CL at the end, but the military 40% off is blacked out after 3/25. So the first 3 nights are AKL CL (40%) and the final 5 are FWC (20% - my lowest discount ever, but better than nothing). And, I discovered that FWC guests can use Sturdy Branches at WL, so I'm a happy camper!

In my best Ahnold voice - I'll be back...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: