Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #2536
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
Thanks. I have found some elmer's muti purpose glue and elmers craftbond ultra stix all. I can't read the back of crafbond tube..much too small lettering. Do you think either of these will work?
Not a big fan of the Elmer's products (even though that's my last name and I should like it!). I find the Elmer's generally doesn't hold as well as other stuff especially if it is going to be a well used item. If the project is just going to sit and not be used Elmer's can be okay but for a costume I would go with something else.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #2537
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Not a big fan of the Elmer's products (even though that's my last name and I should like it!). I find the Elmer's generally doesn't hold as well as other stuff especially if it is going to be a well used item. If the project is just going to sit and not be used Elmer's can be okay but for a costume I would go with something else.
OK. Thanks. I should be by a store sometime this weekend. I am working on my hat for the princess. This is the most elaborate I have made for the PHM.
I am doing Fantasy Princess Minnie (you can google that and click images to see her)..I have finished the shirt and skirt. Sewing is more my trade than crafts. so many sequins to sew on the shirt, but I am using craft foam for the hat and need to glue the sequins to that and figure out how I am going to attach little ears.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #2538
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawyer Mommy View Post
I have this exact same problem! I think I made my ADR too early. I have a park hopper pass, so I could go through EPCOT/International Gateway back to the BCV. Do you guys think that would be faster or should I take Disney Transportation back to BCV? I'm guessing that I'll finish between 8:30 and 8:45, so it won't be too long before EPCOT opens.
That is when I think I may finish too! Maybe a bit earlier if I don't stop too much and maybe a bit longer if I stop a lot... but I pushed back my ADR to 10:45. I hope that still gives me enough time. Somehow I really hope that 5 hours is enough for the race and post race stuff as well as getting to my ADR. I figure that waiting til 9 till Epcot opens would be faster than waiting on disney transportation. Course, that is a bunch more walking so who knows if that will be all that fun.

Quote:

Got an e-mail from rundisney with the waiver...which I already have...but also a link to a virtual goodie bag. Anybody else get the e-mail ?

Got the email... checked out the virtual goodie bag. Signed up for my poster (voucher came via email immediately), and entered the various contests.( was there two?) I did like how the contests were a matter of just clicking the "enter" button and did not require anything to fill out.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #2539
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Oh my, Winter storm Nemo is really having an impact on our Northern princesses. I hope everyone stays safe and warm. As of right now, Fla. weather has been above normal. I will keep the thread updated as we get closer to the 24th.

PrincessV, how goes it on the Gulf side?

Old 02-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #2540
Gryhndmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I never get the RunDisney email
Could you please post the link to the virtural goodie bag ????
Try this : runDisney <rundisney@email.mydisneyparks.com>

Hope it works!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #2541
RunnerRen
~Ren~

Disboard Newbie

Hi All!

Add me to the list of runners please :0) I have been following this thread since it started pretty much, and I have just now joined haha! My name is Ren, and I am a Houston, TX Princess! I started running a little over a year ago to lose weight for mine and my (now) hubby's wedding and decided that, well, I LOVE it!

I am in corral A (#1782 and I'll be in a Rapunzel themed outfit), and I really hope to meet you all at the half marathon in TWO weeks!! Good luck to everyone!

Ren

~All Our Dreams Can Come True, if We Have the Courage to Pursue Them~
Old 02-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #2542
ataylorrdh
Mouseketeer

My First!

Getting extremely nervous! This is my goal race of a half marathon before I turn 40. (Turning 40 March 28th! Getting it just under the wire.) Extremely slow and no proof of time so I'm in Corral H. Not looking forward to the 1hr24min wait to start. I have signed up for the race retreat but will I still have to be at the start by 5:00 with my start time at 6:24am? I would rather hang out in the race retreat than in a corral.

Also, when does the 16 min pace time start? Pacing about 14:30 right now.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #2543
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Oh for Pete's sake. As we sit here getting snowed in by Nemo (Disney must be thrilled! Ha!), I just got my final race instructions email. Um, I deferred RunDisney! Remember? Haha. I guess I'm calling them Monday lol. DH and I ended up in C. He is 8528 and I am 8530. Big difference from G last year for me! I will get it all straightened out Monday. I have already paid and registered for a future race through the deferral program.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 02-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #2544
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra
Oh for Pete's sake. As we sit here getting snowed in by Nemo (Disney must be thrilled! Ha!), I just got my final race instructions email. Um, I deferred RunDisney! Remember? Haha. I guess I'm calling them Monday lol. DH and I ended up in C. He is 8528 and I am 8530. Big difference from G last year for me! I will get it all straightened out Monday. I have already paid and registered for a future race through the deferral program.
Lol, and yet they still can't get the email to all of the people that actually are running it. Stay warm!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #2545
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Oh my goodnesses, Princesses, with the snakes and spiders and gators...

Everyone just listen to Gandalf and "Don't leave the path!"
Seriously..there are Port O potties AND real potties on the course. No need to squat in the bushes and get a spider, gator or snake bite...

Agree Vicki, the portapotties sounding like paradise.

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 02-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #2546
Gryhndmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Oh for Pete's sake. As we sit here getting snowed in by Nemo (Disney must be thrilled! Ha!), I just got my final race instructions email.
Won't mention it was 72 today in San Antonio and tomorrow...well...a little colder at 68. Maybe I should just mail you all the sweaters I have that still have tags on them from last year !

Good luck getting things straightened out with rundisney, nothing is more frustrating than having to repeat something you have already done !
Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #2547
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Try this : runDisney <rundisney@email.mydisneyparks.com>

Hope it works!
Link not working.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #2548
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylorrdh View Post
Getting extremely nervous! This is my goal race of a half marathon before I turn 40. (Turning 40 March 28th! Getting it just under the wire.) Extremely slow and no proof of time so I'm in Corral H. Not looking forward to the 1hr24min wait to start. I have signed up for the race retreat but will I still have to be at the start by 5:00 with my start time at 6:24am? I would rather hang out in the race retreat than in a corral.

Starts when the LAST princess crosses the starting line in the last corral. With your pace, you are fine.

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #2549
Gryhndmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerRen View Post
Hi All!

Add me to the list of runners please :0) I have been following this thread since it started pretty much, and I have just now joined haha! My name is Ren, and I am a Houston, TX Princess! I started running a little over a year ago to lose weight for mine and my (now) hubby's wedding and decided that, well, I LOVE it!

I am in corral A (#1782 and I'll be in a Rapunzel themed outfit), and I really hope to meet you all at the half marathon in TWO weeks!! Good luck to everyone!

Ren
Welcome from a San Antonio princess ! There will be quite a few of us representing the Lone Star state...maybe the Governor will give us a "princess " day when we all return home. . DH & I will be in corral E so cheer us on from the finish line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylorrdh View Post

Everything I've heard says you can be swept at anytime along the course for not doing a 16 min mile BUT several people have said the usual sweep points are miles 4 & 10 and after 10 they usually let you go without sweeping. I think you are fine at a 14:30 pace...gives you a little time for porta potty stops and/or a quick character picture.

I'm doing about a 13:30 and plan on doing character pics only on the way back to Epcot just in case I'm pacing slower .
Old 02-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #2550
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I think my ADR is too early. Either I am going to have to skip the engraving or move my ADR.

I can't really make heads or tails of that map. I might be blind.

I had not even thought of race transportation to BW. That is what I think we will do! thanks

You might not have to skip the engraving. I would check the line just to be sure. It took us about 30 mins at both ToT and W&D however it was 5 mins tops at the Half Marathon in January. So maybe you'll hit at a good time here!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: