Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #2416
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

All caught up! Great updates! Hunter is such a good sport letting Jesse dress him up all pretty and such! I would have freaked out if I saw a snake in a store! That was not a small snake either! I once saw a video where an alligator got onto splash mountain, I have been on guard ever since! I am kinda glad I saw the snake update AFTER I got home from Disney!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #2417
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Now he didn't look too harmless. But I know you really can't tell if they are poisonous or not by looking at them unless you are a pro or you work for Gator Boys.

Such excitement shopping. I will tell you this...although I am not "afraid" of snakes (my brother used to have a garter snake that I would hold all the time), I will be on the lookout the next time I am at MouseGears.
You held snakes? No way! No how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
I just read about the snake....HATE THEM...WOULD HAVE PASSED OUT IF IT WAS ME. I would never think to look for them in the shops. I have seen them at the resorts and that freaks me out. How come all these things happen to you?[/I]
In all of our trips to Disney, we have only seen one snake before the one in MouseGears. Lacey saw a little bitty one slither into the bushes at the CBR.

I have no idea how all of the crazy stuff happens to us. I think I'm a walking disaster waiting to happen!

[QUOTE=MrsBearcat;47429276][QUOTE=mickeystoontown;47423846]I forgot to see if you had a ticker! What are your dates in May? Our trips may overlap. And, rest assured, I'll be freaking out with you should we see another snake in Mousegears! /
Quote:

We are there May 11th-17th! When are you going?
We'll miss you by four days! Our dates are May 21 to June 1.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #2418
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
That's good. I think I remember on one of your other TR's you mentioned about posting pictures of them some time. It would be cool to see some of them. I remember walking into a shop at Disneyland that had various swords in it and one of them was a replica of Queen Elizabeth's fathers sword which she actually uses when she grants someone a knighthood. They only make a new sword fro a male monarch.
Thanks for reminding me to take pictures of his sword. I may have a good chance to take them this evening since he has a benefit concert tonight and I'm not going...$178.00 a ticket! Yikes!

I bet Hunter would have gotten a kick out of seeing the replica of Queen Elizabeth's father's sword. That's cool!

They have swords in the United Kingdom at Epcot but they were super expensive so we've never looked at them very closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserrai View Post
Wow! I'm finally caught up. Love your trip report so far.
Thank you!

Old 02-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #2419
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
All caught up! Great updates! Hunter is such a good sport letting Jesse dress him up all pretty and such! I would have freaked out if I saw a snake in a store! That was not a small snake either! I once saw a video where an alligator got onto splash mountain, I have been on guard ever since! I am kinda glad I saw the snake update AFTER I got home from Disney!
Oh no it wasn't a small snake. It was pretty long and looked like it was growing an inch by the minute. An alligator on Splash Mountain? Seriously? I wanna see that video!

**Edited: I found the video on You Tube!

Old 02-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #2420
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Don't get me started on the subject! We don't even tell John's family that we're going to Disney World any more. They are a bunch of money grubbing people who think that you aren't supposed to go on vacations in the first place. They just don't get it so why talk about it with them.
Sounds just like Skip's family
Old 02-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #2421
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Thanks for reminding me to take pictures of his sword. I may have a good chance to take them this evening since he has a benefit concert tonight and I'm not going...$178.00 a ticket! Yikes!

I bet Hunter would have gotten a kick out of seeing the replica of Queen Elizabeth's father's sword. That's cool!

They have swords in the United Kingdom at Epcot but they were super expensive so we've never looked at them very closely.
I think it was like $2000 dollars and the main reason why it stood out to me was it had the motto of the royal family on it. "Dieu et mon droit" which is french for "God and My Right".

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 02-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #2422
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Sounds just like Skip's family
It doesn't do any good trying to explain why we love Disney so much. It's like arguing with a fence post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I think it was like $2000 dollars and the main reason why it stood out to me was it had the motto of the royal family on it. "Dieu et mon droit" which is french for "God and My Right".
Wow! $2,000! Hunter gets some pretty good Christmas and birthday money but not that much!

Old 02-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #2423
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I hurt my butt! You wanna kiss my butt?

I hurt my butt! You wanna kiss my butt?

Once the excitement of seeing a live snake in the middle of Mouse Gears wore off, the crowds filtered out and we followed suit. We had done a lot that day but we still had one thing to do. Take jumping pictures! For many years, we have taken either jumping or dancing pictures or sometimes both. One year, I was chosen to jam with Mulch, Sweat & Shears and it inspired hte title of that yearís trip report: Jumpiní, Danciní and Jamminí Our Way Around Disney World!

Annnnyway, I wanted to get jumping pictures before we left the park. Now, I donít know if yaíll have ever tried taking jumping pictures before but, let me tell you, they are hard to capture on film, well, memory card but you know what I mean. Thereís a fine art to it and it takes some time to get just the right shot. IF you can ever get ďjust the right shotĒ. This time, it seemed like we were never going to get a good picture.

I decided to started things off.

1!

2!

3!

Not good enough. Letís try again! Oh my word! I look like a nut job but, hey, I got some height on it!

Hunter was next. Ready, set!

Go!

Boo ya! Thatís how you do it baby!

Next up was Lacey who usually does the best jumping pictures evah!

Eeeh, this time, not so much. Try it one more time!

Okie dokie, letís move on. Jesse, you give it a try!

Iím sorry but I gotta give Jesse the buzzer! Poor thing, he tried it at least three times and this was the best that I got. He may have actually been a bit embarrassed by this point because we had a few people watching us. For John, Lacey, Hunter and I, we were used to it and didnít care. But you gotta remember, this was Jesseís first time traveling to Disney with us.

**Continued in next post

Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #2424
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

John told everybody to stand back and watch the jumping pro!

See how perfectly streamlined his body looks? Sort of like a graceful gazelle! Well, the graceful gazelle somehow stumbled when he came back down and he fell backwards into the flower bed and came up with a silly look on his face and a “ooooohhhhh!” coming out of his mouth:

We were laughing our behinds off at him as he was tippy toeing around after getting up :

Seems Mr. McBride had fallen on a plant with a sticker of some sort:

This is when he uttered, “I hurt my butt! You wanna kiss my butt?” (Remember that video a long time ago of the little girl who fell off her bike, was crying because she hurt her butt?)

I’m sorry but we were all laughing like crazy at John and his antics. He’s like a walking accident waiting to happen. While John went to the men’s room to see what was poking him on the behind, Lacey asked that I take a picture of her and Jesse:

I snapped a few more while waiting on John:

We saw John coming out of the men’s room so we went to meet him and, in my true...I don’t want to leave yet...fashion, I lingered and took more pictures:

Realizing that we just could stay in the park any longer, we walked slowly to the exit. This was our last day at Epcot and we wouldn’t be back until 2013! Bye Epcot!

**Up next: Aruba, Jamaica! Oooh I wanna take ya!

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 02-08-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #2425
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

How come no picture of John laying in the flower bed? What I always tell my kids is God punishes us when we brag too much! Love the picture of Hunter holing up the globe. I have one of my Grandson Cody doing that.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #2426
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

It's all fun and games until someone's butt gets hurt!

Nice update! If I tried to get my DD to do a jumping picture, she would try to crawl in a hole and hide. Oh well, maybe the younger one will be more adventurous.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #2427
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I am sitting here about doing you know what in my pants (another of your TR titles). Oh my...only John.

I love how you guys pay no heed to whether people are looking at you strangely and doing your jumping and/or dancing pictures.

A fun update, Lisa.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #2428
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Jumping pictures are the best!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #2429
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Great jumping pictures! Poor John. He seems like a good sport though. I sure hope his butt healed quickly.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #2430
deserrai
DIS Veteran

Falling in the plant is so something my 18 year old would do. Hilarious!

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: