DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
SOBDOSNV
Mouseketeer

Multiple Contracts

I have a question for the forum experts. I have a contrac at BWV in mine and ex wifes name and am buying a new one at VWL in mine and current DW name and dont want them linked. They are both June use years. Of course I'm buying the VWL through resale. How does this work since my name will be on both contracts? I want the new one to be completely independent of the older one. I have been trying to get my ex to get my name off the old one, but she doesn't seem to be in a rush to do it.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOBDOSNV View Post
I have a question for the forum experts. I have a contrac at BWV in mine and ex wifes name and am buying a new one at VWL in mine and current DW name and dont want them linked. They are both June use years. Of course I'm buying the VWL through resale. How does this work since my name will be on both contracts? I want the new one to be completely independent of the older one. I have been trying to get my ex to get my name off the old one, but she doesn't seem to be in a rush to do it.
We have a contract that is deeded in mine and my husband's name- we also have another contract with the same use year that is only deeded in my husband's name. They are not linked together in any way We have two separate id membership cards and login accounts to access the points!
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
SOBDOSNV
Mouseketeer

Thanks MickeyFan612, I called member services and asked them, but was hoping some on here had that issue come up. So was looking for some backup to that.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOBDOSNV View Post
Thanks MickeyFan612, I called member services and asked them, but was hoping some on here had that issue come up. So was looking for some backup to that.
If the two contracts are not titled the same way, they cannot be linked to one master contract number. Even if they have the same use year.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan612 View Post
We have a contract that is deeded in mine and my husband's name- we also have another contract with the same use year that is only deeded in my husband's name. They are not linked together in any way We have two separate id membership cards and login accounts to access the points!
I don't think this is entirely true. During the transition over to the new website, I was seeing reservations from one membership number on another membership number's log in. One membership is just my name the other is mine and my wife's. I also seem to remember a MS CM saying that she could see both accounts even though I only provided one membership number at the onset of the phone call.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If the two contracts are not titled the same way, they cannot be linked to one master contract number. Even if they have the same use year.
But they can, and likely will, show up online combined, mine do but I'm on both accounts even though the names aren't the same. I will try to have my daughter check to see if she can see both since she's only on one.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #7
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
But they can, and likely will, show up online combined, mine do but I'm on both accounts even though the names aren't the same. I will try to have my daughter check to see if she can see both since she's only on one.
We have two master contracts and I have always been able to see both online. They are titled similarly, but one has my name first and Bill's second. The others have Bill's name first and mine second. Different UYs, too.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: