Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
DisNikki
Mouseketeer

Chef Mickey Strategy

I'm so conflicted! We are usually rope drop people, especially when going to the MK because I am a sucker for the opening show. Plus I like to use that morning time to fit in all the rides we can, leave shortly after lunch and then return after rest/swim/heat of the day.

However, this year we want to eat at Chef Mickey's and would prefer to do breakfast. How can I have my Mickey waffles and eat them too?

We have a 7:05 ADR right now and the park opens at 9. On another thread someone asked if they could do both a 7:10 CM and a 9 Pirates League and the response was basically "no way" would they make it to Pirates League on time. Does that sound right? Is there no chance of making RD with that time line? And, if you think it's too close, how do lunch and dinner compare? Aside from the slight price difference, of course, is the experience the same?

- Several trips as a child (off-site, Poly twice)
- 3/26-4/3/11 with FIL, BIL and his family - a total of 9 people! Stayed off-site at Orange Lake North Village
- Planning a trip for 5/24-6/3/2013, staying at CSR

DisNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

With a 7:05 I definitely think you could make it easily. It's a buffet, so you can rush yourself along..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
AlexandAndysMom
Mouseketeer

That was me! I'm really thinking about changing to dinner. Mainly because I just don't think we will wake up!
10/2010 for MNSSHP with DH, DS (8), and DS (3)
4/2011 Surprise Birthday and Graduation Trip!!
2/2013 Baby's First Trip!
2/2014 Cause we can!
AlexandAndysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
lemondog
My twins fight over who tooted
I always have the itch!

We do a 7:15 ADR at CM every trip on our MK day and we have never failed to make it to the entrance by 8:30. I think you will be fine!!

DD1 (12), DD2 (10), DD3 (10) DD4 (2)

I've been pickled! Thanks illuminati!
lemondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
yihjye
Earning My Ears

Who needs sleep when you are on vacation?! I have not dine at Chef Mickey before, heard it was great thought!
yihjye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #6
amos07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisNikki View Post
I'm so conflicted! We are usually rope drop people, especially when going to the MK because I am a sucker for the opening show. Plus I like to use that morning time to fit in all the rides we can, leave shortly after lunch and then return after rest/swim/heat of the day.

However, this year we want to eat at Chef Mickey's and would prefer to do breakfast. How can I have my Mickey waffles and eat them too?

We have a 7:05 ADR right now and the park opens at 9. On another thread someone asked if they could do both a 7:10 CM and a 9 Pirates League and the response was basically "no way" would they make it to Pirates League on time. Does that sound right? Is there no chance of making RD with that time line? And, if you think it's too close, how do lunch and dinner compare? Aside from the slight price difference, of course, is the experience the same?
I wouldn't see why you wouldn't make it. Even if it took you an hour to eat and you got in 10 mins late you would still be done by 8:15. If you needed to hurry the walk over to the Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary is only 10 mins.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #7
andersonfamily
Mouseketeer

I think the key is to ask for your bill early. Sometimes at CM your waiter disappears for a while, and it does seem to take a while to get your bill paid. Double that time at 7:45 when half the place is suddenly trying leave at the same time.
2014 Fantasy 7 Day Cruise 3/15/2014
DD9, DD7, DS5

andersonfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #8
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

We have never had a problem with an early ADR at Chef Mickeys and getting to the front gate in plenty of time for opening.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
GoHerbie
Mouseketeer

We're rope droppers too which means we have breakfast in the room.

We've done and will do Chef Mickeys for "brunch." Their breakfast window goes until 11:30am or 12pm, which is lunchtime for us. We're in line for the MK before rope drop, and when it starts getting crazy later in the morning we skip over to Chef Mickeys. So you can have your Mickey waffles for brunch/lunch, no harm there!

GoHerbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: