Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #2851
tcmata
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntedcity View Post
Dadgum! (As Mater would say)
I sent them photo ID's and they just sent me a form letter saying No.
I would send a new request with all of the information. It seems like one of those situations where it depends on who is answering the emails... good luck!
tcmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #2852
disney_runner
Mouseketeer

So marathonfoto just called me (Event Photography group) and said that on my Goofy collage, only 1 of the 4 photos I chose was coming up in their system. I had to go on the website and find the right photo numbers, and email her back with them, along with what order to put them in.

On the plus side, she is giving me 1 free digital download for my troubles. So I've got that going for me, which is nice....

Just thought I'd share; for those of you who are having troubles with the company (myself included) there is a silver lining sometimes!

Medals received: 2008 WDW Half ~ 2010 Princess Half + 2010 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 2011 WDW Full ~ 2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 2012 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 2013 Goofy Challenge ~ 2013 Dumbo Double Dare + C2C

Medals pending: 2014 ToT 10 miler, 2015 Dopey Challenge, 2017 January Half w/daughter, 2018 Glass Slipper Challenge, 2018 Tinkerbell Half, Avengers Half??
disney_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #2853
CaptHomer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_runner View Post

So I've got that going for me, which is nice....
Caddyshack reference = Awesome!
CaptHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #2854
disney_runner
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHomer View Post
Caddyshack reference = Awesome!
Wasn't sure if anyone would catch that.

Watching the Phoenix Open, golf on my mind!

Medals received: 2008 WDW Half ~ 2010 Princess Half + 2010 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 2011 WDW Full ~ 2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 2012 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 2013 Goofy Challenge ~ 2013 Dumbo Double Dare + C2C

Medals pending: 2014 ToT 10 miler, 2015 Dopey Challenge, 2017 January Half w/daughter, 2018 Glass Slipper Challenge, 2018 Tinkerbell Half, Avengers Half??

Last edited by disney_runner; 02-01-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #2855
kmorganj
Earning My Ears

If you post a request on the MarathonFoto facebook page, it is easy to get photos added or moved from other accounts to yours, as long as you are in the photo. Just post your request with the specific photo numbers you want moved, and your account (bib) number. My sister and I ran together, but she had some photos I did not. It took less than an hour for them to make the move!
kmorganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #2856
hauntedcity
Mouseketeer

Well, marathonfoto finally came through! We finally got all of our photos added into one library. So, that's the good part...

I purchased the download package, and instead of one large download, you have to click on each picture one by one to save them. Okay, so it's not the worst thing in the world. It's just inconvenient and takes a little time.

Final verdict: I'm glad I was finally able to get all the pictures I wanted. Let's hope they improve their process and website in the future.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #2857
tehvalerie
Mouseketeer

For those of you who (like me) were holding out for a deal with marathon foto, I got an email this morning that you can buy 3 photo downloads for the price of 1. It's listed under the single image download option. I don't have that many pictures that I actually want, so this is perfect!
tehvalerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #2858
liznboys
I wish upon stars!
I met the Tag Fairy in VMK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehvalerie View Post
For those of you who (like me) were holding out for a deal with marathon foto, I got an email this morning that you can buy 3 photo downloads for the price of 1. It's listed under the single image download option. I don't have that many pictures that I actually want, so this is perfect!
Isn't it funny that they kept sending us deadline emails and yet here we are at the end of February and our photos are all still there and they're sending us deals? I wonder how long this will continue? Maybe in a few more months they'll be dirt cheap. lol
liznboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #2859
KippWade
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehvalerie View Post
I have not gotten an e-mail
WDW 1/2 Marathon - Jan 7, 2012 3:48:49 | Indianapolis Monumental 1/2 Marathon - Nov 3, 2012 3:37:29
WDW 1/2 Marathon - Jan 12, 2013 4:00:29
My Blog - 100 Pounds/1 Year
I'm also on RunKeeper as KippWade!
KippWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #2860
disney_runner
Mouseketeer

I haven't gotten an email either. I've gotten 2 wrong collages though. They keep messing up the order of the photos, even though I specifically said, "left to right," and emailed "left to right." They've screwed up so many things for me, it's funny now. No 5K photos, charged me the wrong price, the online order didn't go through so they had to call me to complete the order, and then printed the wrong collage. Twice. Bad, but comical, business! I have to call them yet again to hopefully get it right this time.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #2861
tehvalerie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KippWade View Post
I have not gotten an e-mail
I don't think you need the email to get the deal. If you go to your pictures on marathonfoto.com then look at buying options, it's listed right under single image download. From there, you choose the three you want.
tehvalerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #2862
CaptHomer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liznboys View Post
Isn't it funny that they kept sending us deadline emails and yet here we are at the end of February and our photos are all still there and they're sending us deals? I wonder how long this will continue? Maybe in a few more months they'll be dirt cheap. lol
Last year they sent emails for 3 or 4 months I believe, and yes I think they were getting pretty cheap. I know I remember seeing one for at least 25% off. Everyone should always wait to order. This company did a pretty poor job on photos this year anyway.
CaptHomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: