Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
Reese D
Mouseketeer

Reservations needed for Garden View Tea Room?

I'd like to take my 7 yo daughter to tea at the Grand Floridian one afternoon. I would also like to keep the plans somewhat lose so that if she'd rather swim at the resort or stay in one of the parks, we can do that instead. Do I need to make reservations? If I do, can I cancel them that morning?
Reese D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

Yes, you need to make a reservation. The tea room is small, and due to that it tends to book up far in advance. You need to call Disney Dining for the reservation as they don't allow you to book this experience online.

However, they do not require a credit card hold, so you are absolutely allowed to cancel it same-day without any penalty.

My sister and I had an ADR there last February and loved it! Highly recommended!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Actually you can reserve the Garden View Afternoon Tea online: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...view-tea-room/

And yes, you really do want to try to get reservations. It books fast as there are few seats and short hours.

BUT...that being said....almost every time we have gone (which is every trip, lol), there have been several tables open, so if by chance you aren't able to get a reservation, I'd definitely stop by and see if they'll take you as a walk up. Just try a reservation first to be sure!!
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can reserve it online but it's been reported that there is a glitch in the online system regarding this event, and it states that there is no availability when there actually is. You may want to call.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #5
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
You can reserve it online but it's been reported that there is a glitch in the online system regarding this event, and it states that there is no availability when there actually is. You may want to call.
Well, that may explain why there are often empty tables! I've been lucky that we go for such long periods that I have plenty of days to try for a reservation, so I've always been able to find some day that we can go. But it's definitely good to know that if that fails, calling may still net us a visit.
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
Reese D
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all of the replies.
Yes, I tried to reserve online and it said something about reservations not being available for this resturant.
I will call to make the reservation. Thanks, again!
Reese D is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: