Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #16
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KippWade
My weigh in for today has me a 248 lbs.
We are starting out together weight-wise. So here we go, buddy.
Half Fanatic #1852 and Marathon Maniac #6743
My Blog: My Journey to Healthy Living

2014: Los Angeles Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Carmel Marathon | Illinois Mini I-Challenge 5K & 10K | Wisconsin Marathon | Ragnar Relay Chicago 197M | RnR Chicago 5K | RnR Chicago Half Marathon | Crystal Lake Half Marathon
2013: WDW Family 5K | WDW Goofy Challenge | Surf City Marathon | Little Rock Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Cherry Blossom 10M | Flying Pig 3-Way Challenge (5K/10K/Half) | Soldier Field 10M | Chicago RnR Half | Biggest Loser 15K | Howl at the Moon Ultra 50K | Dumbo Double Dare (10K/Half) | Crystal Lake Half | Heritage Haul Half | Fox Valley Half | Marine Corps Marathon | Strides for Hunger 5K | Space Coast Half

Disney Trips: Disneyland 1972-1978, Disney World 2000/2007/2012/2013, Disney Cruises 2003/2005, Disneyland 2008/2013
RunRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #17
Hockeychic
Dopey 2013...Yah baby

UUgghh hate to admit it but my starting weight is 187.6
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #18
windwalker
I need an Adventure

Good morning y'all. Sounds like a lot of us are getting serious about dropping some extra fluff. I'm off to a good start myself, started the week at 186.6 and now I'm at 184.4 lbs. My goal is to get to 160 lbs. My biggest barrier is that I get off work at 9pm 5 nights a week and must resist eating when I get home. I have been good for three nights in a row, if I can keep that going I will be successful.

As most of you know I will be competing in the Senior Olympics July 30th and 31, in Cleveland. I will be doing the 1500m and the 5K. My competition will be the best race walkers from each state in my age catagory, 60 to 64. The closer I am to 160 the better my chances are of having good races and even winning a medal.

That extra pudge hurts in a lot of ways. 1. it's extra weight we are wagging around. 2. Our body has just so much blood to channel to our muscles and our lungs have just so much oxygen they can take in, and those muscles must share that with the fat cells. Losing that fat is like Lance Armstrong blood dopping, there is extra for the muscles. So it's like super charging a car engine, more oxygen and fuel available for our muscles. 3. our body has a better range of motion since the fat on our arms and legs is no longer restricting our movements.

Good luck everyone and lets win this one.

Dave

http://pandaendurance.blogspot.com/

National Senior Olympics June 07
Ranked 9th in 1500m, 8th in 5K

Next Goofy 2012, Second trip to the National Senior Olympics July 2013
windwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #19
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Vicky - Thanks for the jumping jack modification. I always took breakfast, coffee, and lunch to work with me, of course, I had the kind of job that did not provide lunch breaks, so I would not have eaten if I had not brought it with me. I did have access to fridge and microwave. Your eating plan sounds good. I usually cut out dessert, but one day a week for cheating helps mentally.

Dave - I have taken up drinking tea in the evening to avoid eating - I drink chai tea with milk, so it does have a few calories, but not many, and it is all from the milk, and it satisfies my sweet tooth.

Kim - You can do it!

Rick - Thanks - yes, I was glad this doc normally did both knees together if both needed to be done, I would rather be in more pain for shorter period of time.

AFM - Wind again plus 30mph, so dogs did not get walk yesterday, but I did get 30 min on spin bike, plus house cleaning. Supposed to be a nice weekend if breezy, so hope to get out a bit more. Will be spending the weekend packing for trip to WDW. I think Scott is planning to watch Rugby - some big match.

Pixie dust to all who are in need!

Have a great day team!
Old 02-03-2013, 05:59 AM   #20
es45
DIS Veteran

Good morning!

Glad this challenge has started! Official weight: 160.8 and my goal is 130.

Yesterday was the second day of my personal challenge of not eating fast/restaurant food for the month of February. I'm dismayed at how often I would have chosen to out already if not for the challenge.

Lynn: I love chai tea. What tea brand do you drink? Since I cut out the sugar it has been hard to find one I really like.

Any one watching the Super Bowl?
Old 02-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #21
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by es45 View Post
Good morning!

Glad this challenge has started! Official weight: 160.8 and my goal is 130.

Yesterday was the second day of my personal challenge of not eating fast/restaurant food for the month of February. I'm dismayed at how often I would have chosen to out already if not for the challenge.

Lynn: I love chai tea. What tea brand do you drink? Since I cut out the sugar it has been hard to find one I really like.

Any one watching the Super Bowl?
I prefer the Celestial Seasons Chai, I use sugar free vanilla syrup like I put in my coffee for sweetener. I also drink the decaf since it is usually in the evening. Good luck staying away from fast food!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #22
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

Well I survived the Surf City Marathon on Sunday and had a really good time! I got my first sub-6hr finish time of 5:57:15 which is a PR for me. So that was pretty cool. The race course is very pretty and you just can't beat running along the beach on a sunny morning. And, no injuries. I am one Marathon away from Marathon Maniac membership -- one of my 2013 running goals.

The whole weekend was special for me because the primary reason I went to California was for my 35th High School Reunion. I had a reunion breakfast with 7 of my close friends on Saturday morning. Then I drove to the expo and met up with Joe Taricani of The Marathon Show, and a bunch of running friends who were there. Then I met up with my sister-in-law and had lunch with her near the expo (she and her hubby are runners too). Then took a boat tour of Newport Harbor with some friends and Joe Taricani as our captain! Then drove back to LA for the actual reunion! Finally got back to my house (where I grew up) at 9pm to try to sleep before the race (which started at 6:30am).

Whew! It was a whirlwind of a weekend but oh, was it a blast! Now I am finally back home in Crystal Lake IL with my family, and getting ready to go to bed. It snowed while I was in Los Angeles so I had to dig my car out of the snow before I could drive home! What a 'welcome home gift'! LOL

Tomorrow starts with some time in the Jacuzzi at the gym, then a full day at the office, and then an hour-long massage after work (oh yeah, these muscles need some TLC for sure).

Hope everyone had a fun and enjoyable weekend! Here's to excellent results for all of us this Friday!!

2014: Los Angeles Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Carmel Marathon | Illinois Mini I-Challenge 5K & 10K | Wisconsin Marathon | Ragnar Relay Chicago 197M | RnR Chicago 5K | RnR Chicago Half Marathon | Crystal Lake Half Marathon
2013: WDW Family 5K | WDW Goofy Challenge | Surf City Marathon | Little Rock Marathon | Penguin in the Park 5K | Cherry Blossom 10M | Flying Pig 3-Way Challenge (5K/10K/Half) | Soldier Field 10M | Chicago RnR Half | Biggest Loser 15K | Howl at the Moon Ultra 50K | Dumbo Double Dare (10K/Half) | Crystal Lake Half | Heritage Haul Half | Fox Valley Half | Marine Corps Marathon | Strides for Hunger 5K | Space Coast Half

Disney Trips: Disneyland 1972-1978, Disney World 2000/2007/2012/2013, Disney Cruises 2003/2005, Disneyland 2008/2013
Old 02-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #23
Hockeychic
Dopey 2013...Yah baby

Sounds like a great weekend Rick and WTG on the PR!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, running late this morning so will check back in later. Workout ran a little long this morning....which is a good thing!!
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #24
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Good Morning Team!

Rick - Congrats on the PR!

AFM - We are sitting in the Denver Airport waiting for our flight to Orlando. Have a great week all!

Pixie Dust to all who are in need!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #25
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

How is everyone doing with the challenge so far? Are you doing your jumping jacks or jacks? Drinking your water and eating vegetables? I know I'm a bit of a slacker on the weekend when it comes to eating so I think this is the first weekend in a while that I've actually been more careful when it comes to food. I keep having to remember that food is fuel...

Lynn - I think I'm going to keep packing lunches for a while. At this rate, I should I have a bike in no time at all LOL Safe travels! Have a blast in WDW Are you at OKW this time?

Kim - Good job on getting the workout done! I like morning workouts because I feel energized and ready to tackle the day.

Rick - Congrats on Surf City and your PR! Sounds like it was an awesome trip How was your high school reunion?

Elizabeth - I eat out way too much too! It's easier to buy lunch than it is to pack a lunch but not at all cheaper. I think I spend about $9/day on lunch and then about $2/day on coffee. It adds up. The last two weeks, I packed lunches on the weekend and brought a mug and tea bags. I'm putting that money into my bike/vacation fund LOL

AFM - I think I might try going out for a short run this weekend. I haven't been running since Goofy so it's been about a month. I hope that the achilles is good to go. I didn't want to start running and have to stop again if I got re-injured. Yesterday I sat for an hour on the bike in the gym but it's not the same

I'll try and get the Google spreadsheet set up before Friday. Sorry, it's just been a little bit busy!

I finished the second part of my race report. Have a read if you have a minute or two or you can just look at the pics

http://menubyvicky.com/2013/02/05/ra...marathon-2013/

Have a great day everyone!

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #26
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

This is a list of races for a potential team race in 2014. I'm posting the links along with a list of the 2013 dates to give us an idea of when the races are taking place. Feel free to suggest others. Let's get the list narrowed down by February 25 and we can take a vote next month. In no particular order...

Niagara Falls Marathon - October 27, 2013
http://niagarafallsmarathon.com/ - has the option of a 2k, 5k, 10k, half and a full

Toronto Scotiabank Marathon - October 20, 2013
http://www.torontowaterfrontmarathon.com/en/index.htm - has the option of a 5K, half and full

RnR Las Vegas - November 17, 2013
http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/las-vegas - option of a half or full

RnR Montreal - Septemeber 22, 2013
http://ca.competitor.com/en/montreal/montreal-splash - option of a half or full

Big Sur Marathon - April 28, 2013
http://www.bsim.org/site3.aspx - option of a 5k, 9 miler, relay, half and full

Hershey Half Marathon - October 20, 2013
http://www.hersheyhalfmarathon.com/ - half and relay

Honolulu Marathon - December 8, 2013
http://www.honolulumarathon.org/ - no time limit!!

Flying Pig Marathon - May 5, 2013
http://www.flyingpigmarathon.com/ - 5K, 10K, relay, half, full, HS challenge, 3-way, 4-way challenge

Mohawk Hudson - October 13, 2013
http://mohawkhudsonmarathon.com/ - half and full

PEI Marathon - October 28-20, 2013
http://www.peimarathon.ca/ - 5K, 10K, half and full

Space Coast Half Marathon - December 1, 2013
http://www.spacecoastmarathon.com/

Marine Corps Marathon - October 27, 2013 (always the last Sun in Oct)
http://www.marinemarathon.com/ - quick sell out

Philadelphia Marathon - November 18, 2012
http://www.philadelphiamarathon.com/ - 8K, half, full

Pittsburgh Marathon - May 5, 2013
http://pittsburghmarathon.com/ - kids, 5K, relay, half, full

Peachtree Roadrace (Atlanta, GA) - July 4, 2013
http://www.peachtreeroadrace.org/ - 10K only

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

Last edited by bunnyfoo; 02-05-2013 at 09:53 AM.
bunnyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #27
RunRookie
DIS Veteran

Well, I got my Surf City Marathon Race Report up today. Got some fun photos in there too!

Enjoy!

Old 02-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #28
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

Hey all! Great report Rick and I hope all are well. Ready to do this contest bc sick of this extra weight!

RadioFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #29
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeychic
UUgghh hate to admit it but my starting weight is 187.6
I felt the same way-mine is 166.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #30
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyfoo
How is everyone doing with the challenge so far? Are you doing your jumping jacks or jacks? Drinking your water and eating vegetables? I know I'm a bit of a slacker on the weekend when it comes to eating so I think this is the first weekend in a while that I've actually been more careful when it comes to food. I keep having to remember that food is fuel...

Lynn - I think I'm going to keep packing lunches for a while. At this rate, I should I have a bike in no time at all LOL Safe travels! Have a blast in WDW Are you at OKW this time?

Kim - Good job on getting the workout done! I like morning workouts because I feel energized and ready to tackle the day.

Rick - Congrats on Surf City and your PR! Sounds like it was an awesome trip How was your high school reunion?

Elizabeth - I eat out way too much too! It's easier to buy lunch than it is to pack a lunch but not at all cheaper. I think I spend about $9/day on lunch and then about $2/day on coffee. It adds up. The last two weeks, I packed lunches on the weekend and brought a mug and tea bags. I'm putting that money into my bike/vacation fund LOL

AFM - I think I might try going out for a short run this weekend. I haven't been running since Goofy so it's been about a month. I hope that the achilles is good to go. I didn't want to start running and have to stop again if I got re-injured. Yesterday I sat for an hour on the bike in the gym but it's not the same

I'll try and get the Google spreadsheet set up before Friday. Sorry, it's just been a little bit busy!

I finished the second part of my race report. Have a read if you have a minute or two or you can just look at the pics

http://menubyvicky.com/2013/02/05/ra...marathon-2013/

Have a great day everyone!
Loved the report Vicky!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: