Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #16
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

I used to have a Wishblade years ago. Having to make your cut files in one software & move it to another software was more than I wanted to deal with learning & I am not one to shy away from technology. Back then, there just was not a lot of file sharing on the web like there is now.

I have a Cricut Expression & the Sure Cuts A Lot 2 software meaning I can cut SVG files that I can find online - often free - that others have made & share. I can also cut any font I have in my computer without having to buy cartridges. However, due to lawsuit, Sure Cuts A Lot cannot sell their software for Cricut any longer. I'm in luck to have already owned it. But I also like having the option to use cartridges if I just want something fast. I only own a few.

While some gave up their Cricuts because of the software issue, I didn't see the need to. I can use cartridges AND I can use files found online. Or get adventurous & learn to make my own. Good enough for me. What more could I want really? I only cut paper. And I'm tired of always having to run out & get the latest & greatest which has more features than I really need. Learning to be content with what I have.

I would look for a machine that allows freedom to use cut files found online IF you are tech savy enough & patient enough to search, download & use. If you want instant, then you may want to use a machine with cartridges of pre-designed files.

NOW, what I really want is enough space to be able to leave my Cricut set up & plugged into computer so its ready to go at a moment. Having to set it up & connect to computer is what sometimes prevents me from even using it at all.

Last edited by beaucoup; 02-04-2013 at 11:23 PM.
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: