Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #196
danimaroo
DIS Veteran
 
danimaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,618

Chapter Twenty-One: We get to meet… The PUMPKIN KING!
Day 3: December 3rd, 2013


We decided to head over towards New Orleans Square, and along the way, I came across a more um, creepy popcorn churner… So I don’t like clowns at all, I was traumatized as a little girl by the scene in the movie It when Pennywise attacks the kid trying to get his little boat that fell into the gutter (please tell me someone knows what I’m talking about here)… So this was kind of creepy, but I still decided to get a photo of it..



Anyway, the crowds were crazy intense at this point. I actually decided to stop to take a photo of all the people.



It’s amazing how much busier the weekend gets in that park!

We were slowly making our way over to Haunted Mansion, but stopped for a few moments to listen to the awesome band playing music.



I turned around and gasped, pointing out to Matt that Jack and Sally were right there!



I asked him if we could meet them, and he said of course, so we walked down but were told that Jack and Sally would be returning around 12:15. We had some time to kill, so we walked over to Haunted Mansion and picked up some Fast Passes for later.



We were both getting kind of hungry, so we decided to head over to the Hungry Bear which was nearby for some lunch!

While Matt got our food, I found us a good seat overlooking the nearby water and watched the ship go by!





Matt came over with our tray of food and I was a very happy lady to eat some food!

Matt got himself the Fried Green Tomato sandwich with sweet potato fries:



While I went with a Chicken Sandwich with sweet potato fries:



It came with a honey mustard on top, which I’m a fan of:



I remember REALLY loving the sweet potato fries. They were crispy but also really really good. My sandwich was pretty decent, too, but nothing outstanding or anything either.

Matt enjoyed his Fried Green Tomato sandwich, but would have preferred to have skipped the mango slaw they put on it. I personally tried a bite and thought the slaw added some good sweet flavor, but could see how someone might not like it.

We enjoyed our lunch and the wonderful view!



After we finished up, we decided to head back to Jack and Sally’s meeting area. There were a few people ahead of us in line, and we still had some time til they were due back, but we didn’t mind.

While we waited, I snapped some photos…







Oh man, and those canoeing folks! They tried to get us to go canoeing on our way over to get lunch, but we passed. I’m sorry but I would never do the canoeing. It looks like so much work, and I’m sure with my luck some person would splash water all over me/in my mouth, but whatever floats your boat! (haha, get it? Bad joke.)

I took another photo of the crowds. It was clear nearby us since we were off to the side/not on the main walking area, but you can see how crazy it was in the distance…



Jack and Sally were running late, and Matt and I were starting to get nervous because we wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to use our Radiator Springs Racers fast passes. While Disneyland doesn’t really enforce the return times on fast passes for most rides, we’d heard for Radiator Springs Racers that they did, so we wanted to make sure we got there on time.

Finally, we saw Jack approaching… but with no Sally. I was okay with that though, as long as I got to meet Jack!



He seriously had Jack’s walk down perfect, with this awesome marching strut as he came over.



We waited for a few minutes, and then it was our turn! A PhotoPass photographer was nearby and graciously took photos with my nice camera of our interaction with Jack.



Jack asked me if I thought Santy Claus would be able to make him a hat like mine, so we chatted about that for awhile, haha.



So yes, you can see that Jack actually does talk. His real mouth is below the mask, and so while it makes him look kind of weird, when you actually get to talk to him it’s such a fun experience!



This photo also made it onto our Christmas card!



We said goodbye to Jack and were very happy we both got to meet him. It would have been remarkably neat if they ever came out with Jack in his Santa Claus outfit during the holiday season!

We left Disneyland and went back to California Adventure because we had some Radiator Springs FPs to use!

Continued in next post

Last edited by danimaroo; 02-08-2013 at 03:50 PM.
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #197
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Twoboysnmygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,204

Wow, Aurora's castle is gorgeous and LOVE the Christmas decorations!!!! I'm glad you got so many shots!

BTW, the movie is a Stephen King book that they made into a movie, called "IT". You think Pennywise was scary in it? Did you read the book?!?!? OMG, so scary.

You can meet Jack and Sally?!?!? WHERE have I been? I'm just blown away with each update. Thanks for the triple, btw, perfect timing since we leave today! I bet you will be finished sometime around when we get back and then we'll both be doing our WDW TRs at the same time!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #198
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post

They were adorable, and I was honestly impressed with the amount of decorations in California Adventure. I was expecting not a whole lot, but they really went all out, especially in Carsland and it's a bug's life. We'll see about whether or not we ride. DUN DUN DUN!

Yeah that breakfast was very tasty! I would definitely go back there for a bite to eat, especially with the outdoor seating!

I have to agree. That was the one ride where I was like, WDW is genuinely better. But interestingly, I got a random series of drops in Disneyland, which it sounds like is a new thing maybe? Did you get one straight drop before?





It's not a straight drop, it's multiple drops, but it's always the same sequence. For once or twice, not too bad, but if you are riding it all the time, I guess you would start to know what to expect.

Going to read the new updates now!
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #199
czmom
DIS Veteran
 
czmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 717

Those pictures of SB castle are gorgeous!!!
__________________
czmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #200
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,139

I LOVE that photo of y'all in front of the Castle! So cute for a Christmas card too, but just a great photo of the two of you. The decorations are amazing. I feel like I have said that on all of your updates, but it's so true!!

The Sleeping Beauty Castle walk through is awesome! When we went the first time, I didn't realize it was an ACTUAL walk through, I thought they just had a fancy name for walking through the Castle the same way you can at WDW to get to Fantasyland. So on our anniversary trip when we walked through for real, I loved it! Those dioramas are awesome and you got some really great pictures of them! Ours came out really dark. My favorite is the book at the end and her dress changing colors. I'm really not even a huge fan of Sleeping Beauty, but that walk through is really well done.

More great pics on Alice in Wonderland! Such a cute little ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
We decided to head over towards New Orleans Square, and along the way, I came across a more um, creepy popcorn churner… So I don’t like clowns at all, I was traumatized as a little girl by the scene in the movie It when Pennywise attacks the kid trying to get his little boat that fell into the gutter (please tell me someone knows what I’m talking about here)… So this was kind of creepy, but I still decided to get a photo of it..

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

That scene TERRIFIED me as a kid!! I was sleeping over at my grandma's and she only had 5 channels so she was trying to find something to watch for me at night and stopped on EXACTLY that scene because it was a clown. I was scarred for life!!!! I swear that night I slept with my legs curled up as tight as I could get them to my body because I was SURE that freaky clown was hiding at the bottom of the sheets and was going to pull me down!! I can't even see pictures of that clown from It without hyperventilating.

Awesome pics with Jack too! I still have not seen that movie, but I will have to be sure to watch it before any potential holiday trips to Disneyland.
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #201
DnA2010
Mouseketeer
 
DnA2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 325

Oh my gosh what a great set of updates!! I was pretty much going to book myself a trip just from reading the last 3 updates! I actually did go onto Allegiant and price out a budget trip and then got myself under control, and reminded myself I am living through trip reports for a while yet as we have to get my Dh finished his school he is taking and we are looking to buy a bigger house...

Anyways, I digress!

TOT- I actually like the WDW and DL versions equal right now...overall I agree that WDW's rocks the world with the moving ride vehicle, but all 3 times we rode it we found the drop sequence a little lame for us (I personally like them big long drops) and we got a series of short, smaller drops each time....I think had a got a sequence with a big drop I would have a clear winner...

I loved your Storybook pics! they are soooo clear and details- just wow!!!

And then the ones right before you went into the castle...those pictures alone have made me NEED a holiday trip! I love the walk through, it is so classic!

I love the part of Alice where you go outside...I don't know why really, I think early childhood memories of getting to silently gloat over all those people waiting in line who would watch the cars come and go...when I went as a kid we always went at busy times, so there was a sense of victory when we popped out

Pictures with Jack=totally awesome, what a score!

Canoes are another childhood memory, so I am sad I haven't been able to do them on my past 3 trips as they have not been going...


I do not like clowns either and that popcorn spinner is one heck of a creeper, wowzas!


Great updates! Looking forward to see what happens next!
__________________
DL 1 day visits many times through 1980's and 1990s, DL March 05, DL Jan 10, DL Feb 11, WDW Mar 11...

Wowzas!! DL Feb 2011 and then Orlando for 1st trip to WDW and Harry in March 2011...now back to work to save for our next trip!

Last edited by DnA2010; 02-05-2013 at 10:27 AM.
DnA2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #202
lsulindy
DIS Veteran
 
lsulindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NOLA
Posts: 1,016

I've heard that the outside part of Alice in Wonderland was much better before they added the rails. You jutted back and forth and it seemed like you were going to fall off the track. Guess I'll never know!

I am so looking forward to the castle walkthrough. Your pics came out great. I really wish I knew how to work a camera. It's been a desire of mine for a long time, but I've never bit the bullet and learned!
__________________
me dh ds (8) dd (6) ds (2)

A few trips as a kid, first in 1979 last in 1991.
Trips with dh and our kids:
April/May 2008 - Buena Vista Suites
March 2011 - Windsor Palms
February 2013 - Disneyland!! TR in progress!


lsulindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #203
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran
 
407-W-DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 570

What great updates!!! Thank you!

I can definitely see how DL looks familiar but different at the same time...it definitely has to be a weird feeling...one of these years we will go...

Weird Alice in wonderland had an outside part!???

I dont like clowns either...I have never seen 'It'...and knowing it has a clown I NEVER will...LOL
side note...I hope the boardwalk gets rid of their "clown pool"...creepy!!

What a cute Christmas card that must have been!
__________________
Christine (42) DH (43)

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
407-W-DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #204
cfw213
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 844

I think I've commented before but I am loving your TR! I've even looked into a Disneyland trip for next year because it looks so awesome. Can't wait for your WDW TR
__________________
me DH Oscar Jess (DSister)

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

cfw213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #205
GatorMommy2007
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 197

A trip whammy! Yay! Ok, don't throw rocks, but I don't "get" NBC. I need to watch it again as an older adult. One of my favorite companies makes a lot of NBC items! I love the way the characters look, and your Jack meet up makes me want to give it a try!
__________________


GatorMommy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 PM   #206
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess
 
DharmaLou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,265

Gorgeous shots of the castle! Your Xmas card photos are great!

We met Jack as well - he was my DD's #1 guy for a looonnng time (before she started her princess love) so it was a thrill for her. Bummed we didn't see Sally, but she was busy reattaching her arm. Jack & Violet had a great conversation and he posed for some really awesome photos with us.
__________________
DharmaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #207
danimaroo
DIS Veteran
 
danimaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Wow, Aurora's castle is gorgeous and LOVE the Christmas decorations!!!! I'm glad you got so many shots!

BTW, the movie is a Stephen King book that they made into a movie, called "IT". You think Pennywise was scary in it? Did you read the book?!?!? OMG, so scary.

You can meet Jack and Sally?!?!? WHERE have I been? I'm just blown away with each update. Thanks for the triple, btw, perfect timing since we leave today! I bet you will be finished sometime around when we get back and then we'll both be doing our WDW TRs at the same time!
BAH YOU ARE IN DISNEY WORLD RIGHT NOWWW! I hope you're having so much fun on your mother/daughter trip!!

Aurora's Castle was beautiful. I was just surprised about how well-done it was!

Funny enough, I tried reading the book when I was done with reading Pet Semetary and The Shining, but I just couldn't do it. That's one book I just don't think I'll ever get myself to read!

We totally stumbled across Jack and Sally honestly! It was right across from the Haunted Mansion near the water... but it sounds like that is their normal meeting spot since he did return later! Whether or not it's a year-round thing, I'm not sure!

Hope you are having tons of fun!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
It's not a straight drop, it's multiple drops, but it's always the same sequence. For once or twice, not too bad, but if you are riding it all the time, I guess you would start to know what to expect.

Going to read the new updates now!
So weird! I think I'd probably have figured that out if I had gone on it more than once. That DOES get boring! I actually have a totally funny story in relation to the drop sequence from our WDW trip that we just took and my trip on ToT, hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
Those pictures of SB castle are gorgeous!!!
Thank you! I was really pleased with how some of them came out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I LOVE that photo of y'all in front of the Castle! So cute for a Christmas card too, but just a great photo of the two of you. The decorations are amazing. I feel like I have said that on all of your updates, but it's so true!!

The Sleeping Beauty Castle walk through is awesome! When we went the first time, I didn't realize it was an ACTUAL walk through, I thought they just had a fancy name for walking through the Castle the same way you can at WDW to get to Fantasyland. So on our anniversary trip when we walked through for real, I loved it! Those dioramas are awesome and you got some really great pictures of them! Ours came out really dark. My favorite is the book at the end and her dress changing colors. I'm really not even a huge fan of Sleeping Beauty, but that walk through is really well done.

More great pics on Alice in Wonderland! Such a cute little ride.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

That scene TERRIFIED me as a kid!! I was sleeping over at my grandma's and she only had 5 channels so she was trying to find something to watch for me at night and stopped on EXACTLY that scene because it was a clown. I was scarred for life!!!! I swear that night I slept with my legs curled up as tight as I could get them to my body because I was SURE that freaky clown was hiding at the bottom of the sheets and was going to pull me down!! I can't even see pictures of that clown from It without hyperventilating.

Awesome pics with Jack too! I still have not seen that movie, but I will have to be sure to watch it before any potential holiday trips to Disneyland.
Aww thank you so much! I really liked that photo of us together! Sometimes we actually have photos where we look nice, hahaha. Other times, noooot so much.

Haha I think I've now said how much I loved the decorations like 50 times in this TR, so it's all good. THEY REALLY WERE AMAZING!

That is SO funny about what you thought the walk-through was! I had no idea about it either until I think I read it on someone's blog! I'm not a big fan of Sleeping Beauty either but I loved that area. And yeah, I happened to have a fast lens on my camera so that helped my photos. Otherwise I'm pretty sure they would've come out blurry, haha.

So basically you and I had the SAME EXPERIENCE WITH PENNYWISE! I did the same thing; I was flipping through the channels as an innocent little child when I came across that scene and well, you obviously know the rest. As awful as it is, I'm glad someone else understands what I am talking about over here!

You most definitely will want to watch NBC before you do Disneyland during the holidays! It'll make the HM Holiday waaaay more of a fun experience for you! Otherwise you may be a little lost on what's going on in there, hahaha.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DnA2010 View Post
Oh my gosh what a great set of updates!! I was pretty much going to book myself a trip just from reading the last 3 updates! I actually did go onto Allegiant and price out a budget trip and then got myself under control, and reminded myself I am living through trip reports for a while yet as we have to get my Dh finished his school he is taking and we are looking to buy a bigger house...

Anyways, I digress!

TOT- I actually like the WDW and DL versions equal right now...overall I agree that WDW's rocks the world with the moving ride vehicle, but all 3 times we rode it we found the drop sequence a little lame for us (I personally like them big long drops) and we got a series of short, smaller drops each time....I think had a got a sequence with a big drop I would have a clear winner...

I loved your Storybook pics! they are soooo clear and details- just wow!!!

And then the ones right before you went into the castle...those pictures alone have made me NEED a holiday trip! I love the walk through, it is so classic!

I love the part of Alice where you go outside...I don't know why really, I think early childhood memories of getting to silently gloat over all those people waiting in line who would watch the cars come and go...when I went as a kid we always went at busy times, so there was a sense of victory when we popped out

Pictures with Jack=totally awesome, what a score!

Canoes are another childhood memory, so I am sad I haven't been able to do them on my past 3 trips as they have not been going...

I do not like clowns either and that popcorn spinner is one heck of a creeper, wowzas!

Great updates! Looking forward to see what happens next!
Haha maybe Disneyland should look into hiring me. They pay for my trips to Disneyland and Disney World, I write super detailed Trip Reports that make people want to visit their parks, and then I get paid. Doesn't that seem like a brilliant idea?! NO?!

It's so hard to want to plan a trip badly and then stop yourself because reality kicks in. It's THE WORST, especially right after you get back and you're sad about not having another trip planned right away!

So fun fact I learned during our first time on ToT. The drop sequence is way more intense if you go on it during EMH! I swear, it was so ridiculous I left the ride shaking. I have not once had a drop sequence like that one since then, and I swear it's because I've only gone on it during the mornings on every other ride! There were shorter drops BUT the key to that one being terrifying was that they would lift you up and drop you without stopping at any point, then do it again! It resulted in me screaming like I was suffering death.

I'm telling you, that storybook deal was just stunning. I loved walking through the castle and seeing everything, and I'm not even that big of a fan of SB!

Hahaha that is so funny and true about Alice! While we were waiting to go on I was jealous of all the people riding it as they passed by us!

I was very happy we caught Jack! He was so much fun to chat with.

I could see canoeing being fun as a kid! But as an adult, nooooo way. Though I'm expecting our future child(ren) to probably want to do it, hahaha.

Yeah he was a mega creeper... but I still had to take a photo of him!

I can't wait to update here soon! I'm actually trying to stay ahead and get the entire TR written so I can basically at that point just keep putting updates up until it's finished. But man, you don't realize how time-consuming they can be! They're still so much fun to write because it reminds me of how much fun we had on our trip!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #209
danimaroo
DIS Veteran
 
danimaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsulindy View Post
I've heard that the outside part of Alice in Wonderland was much better before they added the rails. You jutted back and forth and it seemed like you were going to fall off the track. Guess I'll never know!

I am so looking forward to the castle walkthrough. Your pics came out great. I really wish I knew how to work a camera. It's been a desire of mine for a long time, but I've never bit the bullet and learned!
Oh crazy! I had no idea they even changed it! THAT makes way more sense to me as to what the part was all about. I was just not really getting what the whole outside part was about, haha.

OMG, even then, the photos do it no justice. And thank you! I'm STILL learning my camera, honestly, but in the process of learning I've managed to get a few decent photos here and there! I honestly wish I had more time to learn. What I really need to do is just sit and read my books I had about my camera, yeesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
What great updates!!! Thank you!

I can definitely see how DL looks familiar but different at the same time...it definitely has to be a weird feeling...one of these years we will go...

Weird Alice in wonderland had an outside part!???

I dont like clowns either...I have never seen 'It'...and knowing it has a clown I NEVER will...LOL
side note...I hope the boardwalk gets rid of their "clown pool"...creepy!!

What a cute Christmas card that must have been!
Aww thank YOU!

Yeah, it's a weird feeling honestly because things are just... off! But at the same time, some things aren't off, so it gets very confusing.

Yup! A lot of the Disneyland rides have outside parts/queues/or just ARE outside. It makes sense since California doesn't see a whole of of rain in that area.. except, ya know, for when we show up.

Haha don't ever see It. EVER! And yes, the Clown pool at the Boardwalk gives me the creeps. I would never in a million years ask for a Pool View there. I can only imagine waking up in the middle of the night, looking towards our balcony and seeing that clown staring back at me. NOPE!

I will post a photo of the Christmas card at the end of this TR, since it really was all Disney-photos that were on it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw213 View Post
I think I've commented before but I am loving your TR! I've even looked into a Disneyland trip for next year because it looks so awesome. Can't wait for your WDW TR
Thank you so much!! I'm glad my TR was shown Disneyland in such a positive light that you're looking into a trip there! I'm telling you, Disney should just hire me to write TRs for them so people will want to go, hahaha.

I can't wait to share my WDW with everyone soon! I'm hoping in the next week or two!


Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMommy2007 View Post
A trip whammy! Yay! Ok, don't throw rocks, but I don't "get" NBC. I need to watch it again as an older adult. One of my favorite companies makes a lot of NBC items! I love the way the characters look, and your Jack meet up makes me want to give it a try!
Haha, yes indeedie, trying to crank this TR out so I can start my WDW one!

No rocks are being thrown, but man, we love NBC! I think you have to honestly like Tim Burton in general. His style is very different. I grew up watching Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands on repeat, so I think I was just used to his different types of movies, haha.

You should definitely give it another shot!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou View Post
Gorgeous shots of the castle! Your Xmas card photos are great!

We met Jack as well - he was my DD's #1 guy for a looonnng time (before she started her princess love) so it was a thrill for her. Bummed we didn't see Sally, but she was busy reattaching her arm. Jack & Violet had a great conversation and he posed for some really awesome photos with us.
Thank you so much!!

I'm sure your DD was super excited! I sure was! We didn't see Sally either, so I feel your pain on that! Jack was fantastic, though, and it definitely sounds like you guys had a great experience with him, as well!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #210
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Fantasyland Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning
Posts: 1,589

I've seen parts of the Alice ride and Canal ride on Disneyland Fun DVD and thought they looked super-cute. I'm sure my kids would love them!

Okay, the clown. I can't even remember what I wanted to write because that darn clown is on my mind. I HATE CLOWNS! And, yes, I was traumatized by IT as a child. Why did my parents even let me watch it?? Did I mention that we're going to the circus next weekend? How do I explain to the kids why Mom is freaking out!?

A fried green tomato sandwich is awesome in my book! Heck, anything with fried green tomatoes would be awesome! Than again, I AM from Georgia. I have to like them. (But really they are just sooooooo yummy!) A nice peppery ranch sauce would probably be yummier than a mango slaw, I think. That's my expert opinion.
__________________
Jennifer and Brandon, 2 Princesses and a PrinceSept. '09 (Pop), April/May '10 (Pop/CBR), Sept. '11 (Pop), Sept. '12 (CBR/Poly!), Sept. '13 (ASMo), Sept. '14 (POR/Beach Club)
TRIP VIDEO 2013! & TRIP VIDEO 2013-Mobile Friendly Version NEW VIDEOS!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: