Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #2176
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now
 
3DisneyKids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Rocky Coast of Maine & DVC
Posts: 7,907

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBenilda View Post
My friend can't find her info when we searched on the site for her bib#/waiver. Her name doesn't come up and she registered I believe a month after me. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it too early to panic? I told her to try calling tomorrow.
RunDisney will be crazy tomorrow and she probably won't get through. Literally thousands of runners will be calling to ask what corral they are in now that bib numbers are out. (The good news from this is that after like one thousandth call, they just publish the corral list! ) And/or calling to ask to how to have their corral switched and every other thing you can think of that happens when bib numbers get released.

This happened to one of our teammates one year. And they had a typo in either her name or birthdate. So she can try different variations. For example, I think our friend was Kathryn and RunDisney had her listed as Kathy or something.
__________________
~ Erika~ Podcast Cruise Winner! Thanks DIS Unplugged!

3DisneyKids is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #2177
Kimmie D
Disney veteran
 
Kimmie D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 20

I got bib #101...what does that mean???
__________________
Kimmie D

Dad (58) , Mom (57) , Brother 1 (31) , Brother 2 (29) , Brother 3 (26) , Sister (29) , me (23)

2005 off site; 2006 off site; 2010 Poly; 2013 wilderness; 2013 offsite
Kimmie D is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #2178
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran
 
Princess Sleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South of the Great White North
Posts: 1,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie D View Post
I got bib #101...what does that mean???
I think it means you are really fast.
__________________

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #2179
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran
 
Princess Sleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South of the Great White North
Posts: 1,624

[B][COLOR="purple"]Don't be so sure on estimating your finish time since you don't know your corral just yet. Remember there are (at least) 8 corrals, plus the wheelchair division, plus the elite division. So at least 10 different start times, anywhere from 6-9 minutes apart. So let's say you are Corral D, that means you will have the 6th Start time. With the first starting at 5:35, that means that you won't start till 6:11 at the earliest, and quite possibly not until 6:29. Plus, you may find that you want to stop for a couple of pictures. And this race is SO crowded, it is often quite difficult to get up to your race pace in multiple spots along the course.

My bib# is 2152, so I am expecting to be in corral A or B, unless the teams go first. It's good to know there is plenty to do at the end. I just wish I didn't have the breakfast on Saturday now. Will there be real food at the finish?
__________________

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #2180
Kimmie D
Disney veteran
 
Kimmie D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Sleepy View Post
I think it means you are really fast.


Well I never updated my half marathon time like I should have in November so I am curious how much that effected me. I also wanna no if elites are 1-50 like at the DWM, or what?
__________________
Kimmie D

Dad (58) , Mom (57) , Brother 1 (31) , Brother 2 (29) , Brother 3 (26) , Sister (29) , me (23)

2005 off site; 2006 off site; 2010 Poly; 2013 wilderness; 2013 offsite
Kimmie D is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #2181
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now
 
3DisneyKids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Rocky Coast of Maine & DVC
Posts: 7,907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie D View Post
I got bib #101...what does that mean???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie D View Post
Well I never updated my half marathon time like I should have in November so I am curious how much that effected me. I also wanna no if elites are 1-50 like at the DWM, or what?
I am thinking you might be somewhat confused. If your bib for the Half is #101, that means that you are expected to come in first after the elites (who have numbers 1 - 50-ish).

Bib #s for Corral A start at either #100 or #101.

So if you are really that fast, that means that you are a seriously accomplished runner, and you are likely semi-professional. And someone who is that accomplished, would not be on this thread asking questions as to what your bib number means, if that makes sense. Are you sure you didn't mis-read your bib # and you are missing a digit or two? I am not trying to be nasty, I promise. But again, anyone with a bib # that low knows what it means and has done lots of races. They don't assign bib #100 or 101 to "just anyone."

Are you sure you aren't looking at your Bib # for the 5k? For example, my Bib # for the 5k is ridiculously low at #281 or something like that. But that is because those bibs aren't based on anticipated finish time.
__________________
~ Erika~ Podcast Cruise Winner! Thanks DIS Unplugged!

3DisneyKids is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #2182
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now
 
3DisneyKids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Rocky Coast of Maine & DVC
Posts: 7,907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Sleepy View Post
[B][COLOR="purple"]Don't be so sure on estimating your finish time since you don't know your corral just yet. Remember there are (at least) 8 corrals, plus the wheelchair division, plus the elite division. So at least 10 different start times, anywhere from 6-9 minutes apart. So let's say you are Corral D, that means you will have the 6th Start time. With the first starting at 5:35, that means that you won't start till 6:11 at the earliest, and quite possibly not until 6:29. Plus, you may find that you want to stop for a couple of pictures. And this race is SO crowded, it is often quite difficult to get up to your race pace in multiple spots along the course.

My bib# is 2152, so I am expecting to be in corral A or B, unless the teams go first. It's good to know there is plenty to do at the end. I just wish I didn't have the breakfast on Saturday now. Will there be real food at the finish?
Yes, I would say you can count on being in A. I was #2101 a few years ago and that was A. I'm #795 this year and am sure that will be A, too. So that means you will start right around 5:45am give or take. And my experience is that in A, you don't get too bogged down in the crowds. Further back in the pack, it can be really hard to get up to race pace.

As for "real food" at the end, they have bananas, oranges, bagels, Lara bars, apples, full bottles of water, Gatorade, G2, and these "box kits" that have assorted things in them...again, along the lines of Lara bars or other protein bars. There are just these big long tables filled with stuff. You can take as much as you want/need.
__________________
~ Erika~ Podcast Cruise Winner! Thanks DIS Unplugged!

3DisneyKids is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #2183
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran
 
Princess Sleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South of the Great White North
Posts: 1,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids View Post
Yes, I would say you can count on being in A. I was #2101 a few years ago and that was A. I'm #795 this year and am sure that will be A, too. So that means you will start right around 5:45am give or take. And my experience is that in A, you don't get too bogged down in the crowds. Further back in the pack, it can be really hard to get up to race pace.

As for "real food" at the end, they have bananas, oranges, bagels, Lara bars, apples, full bottles of water, Gatorade, G2, and these "box kits" that have assorted things in them...again, along the lines of Lara bars or other protein bars. There are just these big long tables filled with stuff. You can take as much as you want/need.
Thank you for the info!
__________________

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #2184
ColleenG
DIS Veteran
 
ColleenG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,474

SeptemberGirl, where on the shore are you? I'm in Point Pleasant!
__________________
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
ColleenG is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #2185
Kimmie D
Disney veteran
 
Kimmie D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids View Post
I am thinking you might be somewhat confused. If your bib for the Half is #101, that means that you are expected to come in first after the elites (who have numbers 1 - 50-ish).

Bib #s for Corral A start at either #100 or #101.

So if you are really that fast, that means that you are a seriously accomplished runner, and you are likely semi-professional. And someone who is that accomplished, would not be on this thread asking questions as to what your bib number means, if that makes sense. Are you sure you didn't mis-read your bib # and you are missing a digit or two? I am not trying to be nasty, I promise. But again, anyone with a bib # that low knows what it means and has done lots of races. They don't assign bib #100 or 101 to "just anyone."

Are you sure you aren't looking at your Bib # for the 5k? For example, my Bib # for the 5k is ridiculously low at #281 or something like that. But that is because those bibs aren't based on anticipated finish time.

Well thats not very nice, No I am not confused in any way, shape or form, that is in fact my bib #.

I may not be the most experienced runner, I have only run 3 fulls and 2 halfs in the last year and a half, but I have always had a knack for it anyways if you know what I mean.

I can guarantee my bib # is 101

And I was curious if my not updating my time effected it greatly. I was looking for friendly help.


It says HM bib : 101.
__________________
Kimmie D

Dad (58) , Mom (57) , Brother 1 (31) , Brother 2 (29) , Brother 3 (26) , Sister (29) , me (23)

2005 off site; 2006 off site; 2010 Poly; 2013 wilderness; 2013 offsite
Kimmie D is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #2186
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there
 
Lynn5700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids

I'm Bib # 795 and it isn't necessarily a "cool" number for others but it has significance to me, so I think it's great!

Definitely Corral A. I was Bib #2101 in 2011 and that was A and there are way more runners this year.


that it is on SATURDAY not Sunday. So, first, is anyone interested in 2 adult and 2 child tickets to the Saturday breakfast (don't know if I can do a transfer, but maybe we could do a hand-off at the Princess Expo on Friday? Second, is there anything to do in the race area for an hour after the race before Epcot opens?
Don't be so sure on estimating your finish time since you don't know your corral just yet. Remember there are (at least) 8 corrals, plus the wheelchair division, plus the elite division. So at least 10 different start times, anywhere from 6-9 minutes apart. So let's say you are Corral D, that means you will have the 6th Start time. With the first starting at 5:35, that means that you won't start till 6:11 at the earliest, and quite possibly not until 6:29. Plus, you may find that you want to stop for a couple of pictures. And this race is SO crowded, it is often quite difficult to get up to your race pace in multiple spots along the course.

But to answer your question...OMG, tons and tons to do after the race, I think. (1) Go to medical and get any ice or ibuprofen you need. (2) Go to the MASSAGE TENT! They do an AWESOME job. And it feels so so so good. $10 for 10 minutes and $20 for 20 minutes. So worth it. And they will usually go longer. I always sign up for 10 minutes and they always do at least 15 if not a full 20. (And the money goes to the National Kidney Foundation...everyone there is a volunteer from either a massage school or from physical therapy offices in the area.)

(3) Get in line for the Official Photos. There are a few different ones. There are the "basic" one of you with your medal and the Princess Half backdrop (look at my pic under my screen name). (4) And then you can wait in the really long line for pics with Mickey and Minnie in their racing outfits. (They switch in and out with Donald and Goofy, too.)

(5) They have a tent with Official Merchandise, too. It's mostly the same stuff as the Expo (only the "Official Merchandise" from the Expo, not all of the vendors. But you can get the "I DID IT" t-shirt and they will customize it with your finish time while you wait. (6) In that same area, you can get your medal engraved with your name and finish time while you wait (there are spaces for it on the back).

(7) And of course...there is all of the food/water/drinks/snack packs so you can refuel.

(8) And my person favorite...hang out and watch others finish. It is SO SO SO fun to watch people finish. There are always lots of emotional finishes and it is amazing to watch.

Have fun at your first half! We do this race every year and love it. My advice is to really enjoy the race. This shouldn't be a race that you do for time or a PR. There is too much stuff on the course that is worth enjoying. Save the PR for a different race. This one is for FUN! Good luck![/QUOTE]

Awesome! I was in A for the Donald, but forgot my number so I could not really compare.

Can I buy the "I did it" shirt at the regular expo or only after the race?
Lynn5700 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #2187
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now
 
3DisneyKids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Rocky Coast of Maine & DVC
Posts: 7,907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmie D View Post
Well thats not very nice, No I am not confused in any way, shape or form, that is in fact my bib #.

I may not be the most experienced runner, I have only run 3 fulls and 2 halfs in the last year and a half, but I have always had a knack for it anyways if you know what I mean.

I can guarantee my bib # is 101

And I was curious if my not updating my time effected it greatly. I was looking for friendly help.


It says HM bib : 101.
I clearly said I was not being nasty. It is just very strange for someone who is that fast and that close to being an elite runner to not know what it means. Just didn't make sense. Still doesn't. But hey, have a great race!

__________________
~ Erika~ Podcast Cruise Winner! Thanks DIS Unplugged!

3DisneyKids is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #2188
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now
 
3DisneyKids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Rocky Coast of Maine & DVC
Posts: 7,907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post

Awesome! I was in A for the Donald, but forgot my number so I could not really compare.

Can I buy the "I did it" shirt at the regular expo or only after the race?
Yup, you can definitely buy it at the Expo. But if you want it personalized to have your finish time screen printed on it, then you have to get it at the Finish.
__________________
~ Erika~ Podcast Cruise Winner! Thanks DIS Unplugged!

3DisneyKids is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:40 PM   #2189
Kimmie D
Disney veteran
 
Kimmie D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids View Post
I clearly said I was not being nasty. It is just very strange for someone who is that fast and that close to being an elite runner to not know what it means. Just didn't make sense. Still doesn't. But hey, have a great race!



Well if you say that A starts at 100 or 101. does that mean that I am maybe the first runner up to elite? and if so, if I send my new time which is faster, do you think I could slip into the elite?


And yes, it can happen :P
__________________
Kimmie D

Dad (58) , Mom (57) , Brother 1 (31) , Brother 2 (29) , Brother 3 (26) , Sister (29) , me (23)

2005 off site; 2006 off site; 2010 Poly; 2013 wilderness; 2013 offsite
Kimmie D is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #2190
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there
 
Lynn5700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids

Yup, you can definitely buy it at the Expo. But if you want it personalized to have your finish time screen printed on it, then you have to get it at the Finish.
Okay cool! Thank you so much for all of your help!
Lynn5700 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: