Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #241
piratemamaof3
wields a plunger like a magic wand

L-HArper i PMed you. I am not sure if you have seen that. Had a question for you. Thanks

May 3-10 '09 wonderful 1st family trip at Pop Century.

Ready to take over Halloween at CBR
piratemamaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #242
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post

We are going in Oct. too!!!!! We went last Oct. an enjoyed the weather and found the crowds to be moderate to low. We went to food an wine and enjoyed that. Now to decide on the dates. We also plan to rent points! We are looking at a split stay at BLT and BC! Tentatively Oct. 26 Nov. 6. We plan to celebrate our 25 th anniversary there, our date is July 16 but we plan to pay it off by then! My group included me, DH, DD 20 and DS 14. Possibly DD 25 and her BF. So, that's us

I LOVE planning!!!!!
to our group! I have added you to the first post with your tentative plans. Please let me know if anything changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratemamaof3 View Post
L-HArper i PMed you. I am not sure if you have seen that. Had a question for you. Thanks
Yes, I did get it. Sorry that I haven't replied yet. I have half of it written and then got busy. I will send it tonight!

Please vote for my photo in the DIS photo contest! {HERE}
L-Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #243
piratemamaof3

Yes, I did get it. Sorry that I haven't replied yet. I have half of it written and then got busy. I will send it tonight![/QUOTE]

That's ok thanks for replying. I know a lot of people didn't check that so thought i would post it here just in case.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:40 AM   #244
3monkeymomma
Earning My Ears

Postponed trip

My husband found out for sure that he will be overseas in October. He leaves July 1 and won't be home until February.

I think we'll probably go the end of April 2014. It seems so far away!

I hope you all have a fantastic trip in October.
3monkeymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #245
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeymomma View Post
My husband found out for sure that he will be overseas in October. He leaves July 1 and won't be home until February.

I think we'll probably go the end of April 2014. It seems so far away!

I hope you all have a fantastic trip in October.
I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm assuming military? My family would like to thank him and your family for his service and sacrifices.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #246
owynn
Earning My Ears

My bride and I, along with our matron-of-honor, her husband (one of my groomsmen) and their 2 kids will be heading to WDW for our honeymoon a few weeks after our wedding. We'll be there from Oct 30 to November 9th. I'm really hoping we can hit MNSSHP and MVMCP while we are there.

A Magical Honeymoon at Animal Kingdom Villas - October 30 to November 9, 2013

Past Trips to Walt Disney World:
Port Orleans French Quarter - October 2012, Coronado Springs Resort - June 2012, Yacht Club Resort - July 2009, All Star Sports - October 1998, Dixie Landing - April 1996, Contemporary - May 1977
owynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #247
piratemamaof3

Quote:
Originally Posted by owynn View Post
My bride and I, along with our matron-of-honor, her husband (one of my groomsmen) and their 2 kids will be heading to WDW for our honeymoon a few weeks after our wedding. We'll be there from Oct 30 to November 9th. I'm really hoping we can hit MNSSHP and MVMCP while we are there.
that would be really cool to see two holidays in one trip

Old 02-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #248
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

So is this also the place where we discuss trip planning and park strategy? Or just say "hi - we are going in October as well?"

If it is the former, I am wondering if the F&W offerrings at Epcot mean that one would not really want an ADR for dinner, but would rather roam/graze? Do the TS restaurants have little CS booths outside associated with them during this time as well? Or do the TS restaurants do something fantastic inside that cannot be had at other times?

Thanks,
Sydnerella's mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Sydnerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #249
3monkeymomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Harper View Post
I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm assuming military? My family would like to thank him and your family for his service and sacrifices.
Yes, he's in the military. Thanks!
3monkeymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #250
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by owynn View Post
to our group! I have you added to the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
So is this also the place where we discuss trip planning and park strategy? Or just say "hi - we are going in October as well?"

If it is the former, I am wondering if the F&W offerrings at Epcot mean that one would not really want an ADR for dinner, but would rather roam/graze? Do the TS restaurants have little CS booths outside associated with them during this time as well? Or do the TS restaurants do something fantastic inside that cannot be had at other times?

Thanks,
Sydnerella's mama
This is absolutely the former! I would love for everyone to chat about their plans. The F&W festival is booths set up around World Showcase, nothing different in the restaurants. They are like kiosks of sorts. If I had planned on doing the F&W offerings, no I would not have a dinner ADR. That would be WAY too much food!

Old 02-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #251
dfGoofy
Earning My Ears

CSR Opened up for our dates

I just did a search for CSR and out dates were open for the 2QB rooms. So we were able to switch from POR to CSR. My wife is on .

They have standard and preferred rooms available now. Has anyone stayed at CSR? The preferred are closer to main bldg, is that a big plus?

10/13 CBR Pirate Room!
02/12 POFQ
11/09 POFQ
dfGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #252
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfGoofy View Post
I just did a search for CSR and out dates were open for the 2QB rooms. So we were able to switch from POR to CSR. My wife is on .

They have standard and preferred rooms available now. Has anyone stayed at CSR? The preferred are closer to main bldg, is that a big plus?
That's great! I have edited the first post for you. We stayed at Coronado Springs last time and I would have paid the extra money to be in a preferred room closer to the front had I known that being back in the Ranchos was so far away. We were close to a bus stop, but it was quite the trek to the main building, which I got very annoyed with by the end of our trip. I had put in a room request and it was certainly not met. Other than that, the resort was absolutely beautiful! My only other complaint was that the kiddie pool area had a lot of leaves in it. It was kind of strange, plus the kiddie pool had a "lip" on it and my little guy tripped on it a few times.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #253
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

We're first-timers, when can we anticipate park hours to be released for October? The OCD part of me is dying to start planning out days & dining, but I can't do much of anything right now.
Newbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #254
dfGoofy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Harper View Post
That's great! I have edited the first post for you. We stayed at Coronado Springs last time and I would have paid the extra money to be in a preferred room closer to the front had I known that being back in the Ranchos was so far away. We were close to a bus stop, but it was quite the trek to the main building, which I got very annoyed with by the end of our trip. I had put in a room request and it was certainly not met. Other than that, the resort was absolutely beautiful! My only other complaint was that the kiddie pool area had a lot of leaves in it. It was kind of strange, plus the kiddie pool had a "lip" on it and my little guy tripped on it a few times.

Thank you for sharing. We have requested 8B, its close to a bus stop and the main pool, but we are afraid of getting like Ranchos 7A, it doesn't look to be close to anything.

10/13 CBR Pirate Room!
02/12 POFQ
11/09 POFQ
dfGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #255
Camaro305
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
We're first-timers, when can we anticipate park hours to be released for October? The OCD part of me is dying to start planning out days & dining, but I can't do much of anything right now.
Parks hours are typically released about 180 days ahead of time, so park hours for October should be released around mid-April.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: