DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #16
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

We own most of our points at SSR. We have had no problems getting other resorts at the 7 month window including BLT standard and BWV standard. We are fine staying at all the DVC resorts, they all have good points and bad. We decided to buy more resale points at SSR because of this...

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #17
toniosmom
AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

I own mostly AKV, but have small contracts for BLT and BCV, which are my two favorite resorts. I have had no problem getting what I wanted at 7 months for BLT and BCV for spring break. I have even switched accomodations (from studio to 1BR) as close as 2 months prior. In December 2010, I booked 2 nights at BLT and the rest of the week at AKV (1br). I couldn't get the whole week at BLT. When I checked in, I asked the front desk and after several hours, he called to let me know that we were able to stay at BLT for the entire week. So, even if you've got a split stay booked, there is a chance you will be able to get out of the split once you get there. Magic happens every day!

1974 - Offsite 1976 - Offsite 1997 - Dixie Landings 1998 - Offsite 2008 - All Star Movies - Became new DVC member! March 2009 - SSR - First DVC Vacation!
March 2010 - AKV-Kidani Dec 2010 - BLT Christmas Trip April 2011 - BCV Nov 2011- BWV/DCL Dream March 2013 - BLT/DCL Dream April 2014 - VGF/DCL Dream Sept 2014 - VWL
toniosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #18
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by toniosmom View Post
I own mostly AKV, but have small contracts for BLT and BCV, which are my two favorite resorts. I have had no problem getting what I wanted at 7 months for BLT and BCV for spring break. I have even switched accomodations (from studio to 1BR) as close as 2 months prior. In December 2010, I booked 2 nights at BLT and the rest of the week at AKV (1br). I couldn't get the whole week at BLT. When I checked in, I asked the front desk and after several hours, he called to let me know that we were able to stay at BLT for the entire week. So, even if you've got a split stay booked, there is a chance you will be able to get out of the split once you get there. Magic happens every day!
And so does disappointment, it all depends on if you are willing to take a chance and accept disappointment if it happens.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #19
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
And so does disappointment, it all depends on if you are willing to take a chance and accept disappointment if it happens.

Bill
I would agree, this situation definitely falls under the category of "magic" and is not the norm. Disney does a very good job to try to make sure that every DVC room is filled whenever possible.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #20
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
The bad news on this one. Had the change in your stay required fewer points instead of more points, you would have been left with points in holding. Meaning they expire at the end of your use year. And had you borrowed points for this stay, you would not have been able to "unborrow" those points. You might have wound up losing them altogether.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #21
toniosmom
AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
I would agree, this situation definitely falls under the category of "magic" and is not the norm. Disney does a very good job to try to make sure that every DVC room is filled whenever possible.
I realize that we got VERY lucky on that trip. My point is that it can't hurt to ask about it and if you get lucky, you'll get what you want. If not, you are no worse than when you walked in the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The bad news on this one. Had the change in your stay required fewer points instead of more points, you would have been left with points in holding. Meaning they expire at the end of your use year. And had you borrowed points for this stay, you would not have been able to "unborrow" those points. You might have wound up losing them altogether.
Good point (no pun intended). In our case, it was costing more points for the stay, so as long as I had points available to use, it was possible. I agree, if I had been "downgrading", I would have wound up with points in holding.

1974 - Offsite 1976 - Offsite 1997 - Dixie Landings 1998 - Offsite 2008 - All Star Movies - Became new DVC member! March 2009 - SSR - First DVC Vacation!
March 2010 - AKV-Kidani Dec 2010 - BLT Christmas Trip April 2011 - BCV Nov 2011- BWV/DCL Dream March 2013 - BLT/DCL Dream April 2014 - VGF/DCL Dream Sept 2014 - VWL
toniosmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: