Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #1456
goofgal31
Mouseketeer

Most importantly in regards to the room, it was clean and kept that way, by "Blanca".

Blanca is the best! She was our mousekeeper our first stay at Pop and I have to say no one since has come close to giveing us that magical feel that she did. There was not a day during our week that she did not do something special in our rooms (we went as a group and had 3 rooms).
Old 02-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #1457
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom2011 View Post
QUOTE; "Coke products: Reg coke, diet coke, Coke zero, coke cherry, fanta, minute maid light lemonade, powerade mtn berry blast ... am I leaving anything out? "

Is there Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
No Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
Rootbeer as well. But it was only on one of the machines when we were there in August.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I think Sprite is missing from your list Janet. Otherwise, as usual, you have it covered.
Can you tell I don't drink Sprite or Root beer??

Seriously, happy as usual, that POPers always rock with POP info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops in a Puff Pastry!!! Yummy! Janet when we went back for another dinner after you left I ordered the same thing ... Jessica had the Steak and really enjoyed it. Dessert: I had the lemon cupcake which was okay and Jessica had a triple chocolate one which if you are a chocolate lover was to die for!!!
Oh, we have to go back to BOG in December!! And of course I love chocolate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
What's wrong with going that long????
Some of us WORK for a living and can't view life as "everday is a weekend" But sure you've earned it Mama Linda

Kelly, 15 days... very nice! Only in my dreams am I there that long...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #1458
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofgal31 View Post
Most importantly in regards to the room, it was clean and kept that way, by "Blanca".

Blanca is the best! She was our mousekeeper our first stay at Pop and I have to say no one since has come close to giveing us that magical feel that she did. There was not a day during our week that she did not do something special in our rooms (we went as a group and had 3 rooms).
Great to read this!! Our Mousekeeper Mariela in August was superb!! Not only did she keep our rooms clean and neat, she spend time with my DD and niece showing them the artistry of making towel animals. :

TY Kook!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #1459
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyaJeff View Post
Thanks for the kind words about my pics. I took all my pics in my phone with the camera on here. There's an option to take panorama pics that took a lot of trial and error to figure it out. If it matters, my phone is an HTC One X.

I'm strongly considering writing Disney about the whole checkout experience I had.
Hope you do write for future guests as well as yourself.

Thanks for the info on the panoramic. I've got an iPhone. I'm pretty sure the iPhone can do it-if not I'm sure there's an ap for it! You did a great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding mum View Post
Nearly in single digits for our first wdw trip we are going to try and do most breakfasts in the room so I was wondering is it worth doing garden grocer for milk, cereal and snacks or just get them from pops shop we can't bring anything with us and are relying on disney transport
I like to do a grocery order. I order a case of water, fruit and sunscreen (so I don't have to worry about it in my suitcase). I also like to order a bottle of liquid hand soap as I find it easier to wash my glasses with liquid soap than the bar soap. Add a few snacks and its easy to get up to the Garden Grocer $40 minimum. The last time I checked a 1/2 gallon of milk at Garden Grocer was the same price as it is in the food court at Pop.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #1460
babygirlamg
DIS Veteran

:)

20 Days Until I get to My Second Home
Old 02-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #1461
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlamg View Post
20 Days Until I get to My Second Home
Have a fantastic time!

TY Kook!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #1462
GOOFYsince71
I know there is no glass slipper in the world that will fit my foot

Smile Just Returned from a week split stay at POP & POFQ!!

Boy it's rough to return to 4 inches of snow, since the week at WDW was 80's and mid 70's!!!!
We did the parks, the transportation and the restaurants and food courts....Any questions? just ask...We DID get a lot of attention with our "20th Visit" and "30th Visit" buttons!!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #1463
goofynut730
Earning My Ears

Hi does anybody know which building is closest to the bus stop at POP Century
Old 02-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #1464
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFYsince71 View Post
Boy it's rough to return to 4 inches of snow, since the week at WDW was 80's and mid 70's!!!!
We did the parks, the transportation and the restaurants and food courts....Any questions? just ask...We DID get a lot of attention with our "20th Visit" and "30th Visit" buttons!!!!

Sounds like a great visit! Did you happen to try Be Our Guest?

Monica
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #1465
todd222222
Mouseketeer

King bed room - Chances of connecting room?

For our upcoming trip we will have 6 people in our party. My wife, my mother in law, my 2 daughters (9 and 10) and my daughters friend (11).

I'm thinking it would be nice to book a room with a king size bed (is this a booking category?) for one room and then the normal 2 double bed room for my MIL and the 3 kids.

But we really "need" connecting rooms, otherwise my MIL might revolt. So while I know they can't guarantee connecting rooms, I'm guessing I have less of a chance of getting them with a king room in the mix as there are so many less king bed room.

Correct assumption? Should I just go with two normal rooms? Or can I request a King room? Is that request-able vs booking?

Thanks!
Todd

1983 - WDW - Camped at Fort Wilderness | May 1994- WDW - Off Site | Dec 1994- WDW - Off Site | Jun 1995 - DLRJun 1998 - DLR | Dec 2006- WDW - Pop Century | Jan 2008- WDW - AKV Slide Show Warning - 12 1/2 mins long | Jan 2009- WDW - Pop Century | Oct 2009- WDW - Pop Century | Nov 2011 - WDW - Pop Century | June 2012 - DLR | Mar 2013 - WDW - AoA - Cars Suite | Oct 2013 - WDW - All Stars Sports | Mar 2014 - US - HardRock | May 2014 - WDW - AKV
Old 02-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #1466
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd222222 View Post
For our upcoming trip we will have 6 people in our party. My wife, my mother in law, my 2 daughters (9 and 10) and my daughters friend (11).

I'm thinking it would be nice to book a room with a king size bed (is this a booking category?) for one room and then the normal 2 double bed room for my MIL and the 3 kids.

But we really "need" connecting rooms, otherwise my MIL might revolt. So while I know they can't guarantee connecting rooms, I'm guessing I have less of a chance of getting them with a king room in the mix as there are so many less king bed room.

Correct assumption? Should I just go with two normal rooms? Or can I request a King room? Is that request-able vs booking?

Thanks!
Todd
King beds are not a bookable option at POP, but you can request one. There are few of them though, and most are the handicap accessible rooms so the chances of getting one are slim. But not impossible!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 02-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #1467
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut730 View Post
Here is a link to the resort map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/pop.htm

Probably Buildings 10 and 9 are closest to the bus stops, but some of it is a matter of perception. We've been in buildings 1, 2, 3 and 6 -- lake views are my favorite, so further from the bus stops. I never felt like it was a long walk to the stops.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #1468
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut730 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Here is a link to the resort map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/pop.htm

Probably Buildings 10 and 9 are closest to the bus stops, but some of it is a matter of perception. We've been in buildings 1, 2, 3 and 6 -- lake views are my favorite, so further from the bus stops. I never felt like it was a long walk to the stops.
As Sandi posted, bldgs 6 & 10 are close to busing, as bldgs 4 & 5 is you look at going thru Classic Hall on the way to the bus stops. It is a matter of perception -- and equally important would be your room location in each building. You could be in bldg 6 facing the lake (backside, closer to the end) and have the end room in bldg 5 (nearest and facing Classic Hall). The bldg 5 room is closer.

Like Sandi, we book standard and request lakeview, and we don't believe that it was a long walk to busing from any of the rooms we've had. Pop is a compact resort and most rooms are within a 4-8 minute walk to Classic Hall/Busing.

TY Kook!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #1469
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd222222 View Post

Thanks!
Todd
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
King beds are not a bookable option at POP, but you can request one. There are few of them though, and most are the handicap accessible rooms so the chances of getting one are slim. But not impossible!
Just to add, since connecting rooms seem to be your number 1 priority, list that first, followed by the King room request. It can't hurt to ask, it could happen.

It will depend too on how full POP is at the time, are you going over Spring break?? Or earlier in the month?

If at check in, you find that you are not assigned connecting rooms including a King, ask the CM if they can find you one.

TY Kook!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #1470
todd222222
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Just to add, since connecting rooms seem to be your number 1 priority, list that first, followed by the King room request. It can't hurt to ask, it could happen.

It will depend too on how full POP is at the time, are you going over Spring break?? Or earlier in the month?

If at check in, you find that you are not assigned connecting rooms including a King, ask the CM if they can find you one.

Thanks - we are going the first week of Spring Break - check in on 3/8 with check out on 3/16.

is sending the FAX still the best way to make a request, with 3 previous trips I scored exactly what I wanted 2 times...the 3rd not so much.

1983 - WDW - Camped at Fort Wilderness | May 1994- WDW - Off Site | Dec 1994- WDW - Off Site | Jun 1995 - DLRJun 1998 - DLR | Dec 2006- WDW - Pop Century | Jan 2008- WDW - AKV Slide Show Warning - 12 1/2 mins long | Jan 2009- WDW - Pop Century | Oct 2009- WDW - Pop Century | Nov 2011 - WDW - Pop Century | June 2012 - DLR | Mar 2013 - WDW - AoA - Cars Suite | Oct 2013 - WDW - All Stars Sports | Mar 2014 - US - HardRock | May 2014 - WDW - AKV
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: