Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #16
Mr X
Earning My Ears

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by yitbos96bb View Post
Doubtful... THink of all the movies that won that Oscar and don't have entire LANDS dedicated to them. Wreck it Ralph doesn't have the box office success for that, IMHO. Attraction, maybe. Land... no way.
So What, Wreck-It Ralph, recieves a Critical and Commercial Success, also announcing a Sequel!
Mr X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #17
apehat02
Earning My Ears

Wreck-it Ralph Attraction

While this is a great idea..... and I don't want to burst anyone's bubble. Do you realize how much it would cost Disney to license all those franchises and characters for use in the parks "forever". It would cost millions if not billions in licensing fees to companies like Nintendo, Sega, Wonka Chocolates etc..... and while it would be a great thing for everyone that loved the movie, I just don't see the financial sense in it and unfortunately that's the first question a Disney executive is going to ask when presented with an idea.... "How Much will it cost?"
apehat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #18
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by apehat02 View Post
While this is a great idea..... and I don't want to burst anyone's bubble. Do you realize how much it would cost Disney to license all those franchises and characters for use in the parks "forever". It would cost millions if not billions in licensing fees to companies like Nintendo, Sega, Wonka Chocolates etc..... and while it would be a great thing for everyone that loved the movie, I just don't see the financial sense in it and unfortunately that's the first question a Disney executive is going to ask when presented with an idea.... "How Much will it cost?"
Maybe...maybe not. A lot of factors would come into play including the exact role that specific characters would pay and the inherent benefit to having one's IP displayed (promoted) for years to come in a Disney theme park. Disney could also offer retail space as part of any deal.

The Wreck It Ralph photo area at Hollywood Studios is themed to Game Central Station and there's a scrolling marquee which references dozens of video games & characters. Apparently there weren't any sticky licensing issues which prevented that from happening.

The core Wreck it Ralph characters are all owned by Disney. The others are just window dressing. If some companies' demands are too high for the likes of Sonic, Pac Man or Q-Bert, those characters can be selectively excluded.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #19
SpacePlace
Mouseketeer

They should make a WitR ride that uses technology like Star Tours.
SpacePlace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney world, disneyland, wreck-it ralph

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: