Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #1426
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf4food View Post
Booked a bounceback offer at the end of our stay at POR last week. FL Res and AP rates for April 18-21 for POFQ are $656. Bounceback for $507. Crazy! Looking forward to being back at FQ, we had a great time there in December. Very convenient for a stay with a 19 month old who needs milk heated up twice a day!
I'll be there those dates . . . and paying a lot more than you are!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #1427
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Could you elaborate on the bounceback offers? Are they usually for the same year or can I use the bounceback for any period of time? I arrive this Wednesday and stay for 22 days and I'd like to book for November/14. Is that possible?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #1428
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

February 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules

The February 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans French Quarter are now available. See the main Recreation Activities Schedule page for a full-size PDF version, or click on the image below.

The outdoor movies will start at 7pm and the daily campfires commence at 5:30pm this month. And if youre going to be at Port Orleans for Mardi Gras, dont forget the special parade of decorated pargo carts which the cast members organise every year at 1:30pm on Tuesday 12 February.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #1429
gabyta
Mouseketeer

I wish I could go back to PORFQ instead of being trapped in Coronado! I booked a split stay, 7 nights POR and 12 CSR. My first week was awesome, today is my 2nd night at CRS and the room is awful, it's dirty, the rails of the curtains in the bathroom are oxidised, the painting is pealed and they only offered to send someone to maintain the room, they don't have rooms in other moderate resort and they will charge extra to take me to other kind of room (about $5.000 per 10 nights) not having a great disney moment
Old 02-03-2013, 02:47 AM   #1430
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabyta View Post
I wish I could go back to PORFQ instead of being trapped in Coronado
Doesn't sound good, sorry you're having a bad time. I'm really surprised that they can't do anything for you at one of the other resorts - the first week in Feb is not usually 100% full! (Although CSR might have a conference on, which could make chaning rooms there a problem). Have you tried visiting the front desk at POR or POFQ directly and asking them in person? Or ask to speak to the Guest Services Operations Manager. It really doesn't sound very Disney at all.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-03-2013, 05:52 AM   #1431
shburks
DIS Veteran

Just home from a short stay first time at POFQ. WHat a gorgeous resort. We were in building 6 and faced the campfire for s'mores. Rooms were spacious. We were very happy.

Implemented the new card system (need pin to use room key to charge) the first day we were there so when we arrived at 9:35 off the DCL bus, the whole computer system was down. They comped us two free park tickets. Very pleased overall.

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
Old 02-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #1432
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Doesn't sound good, sorry you're having a bad time. I'm really surprised that they can't do anything for you at one of the other resorts - the first week in Feb is not usually 100% full! (Although CSR might have a conference on, which could make chaning rooms there a problem). Have you tried visiting the front desk at POR or POFQ directly and asking them in person? Or ask to speak to the Guest Services Operations Manager. It really doesn't sound very Disney at all.

Andre
I agree with Andre. Bypass the CSR people and go to POFQ and talk to someone there. There surely are rooms available.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #1433
gabyta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Andre
I tried disney web reservation an it doesn't show any availability the lady at concierge desk called every resort and went to talk with her manager in person.. There's gonna be a marathon and that's why the dates are blocked. They can't tqke me to other resort and then move me back (that was the last answer I've got)
Old 02-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #1434
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabyta View Post
I tried disney web reservation an it doesn't show any availability the lady at concierge desk called every resort and went to talk with her manager in person.. There's gonna be a marathon and that's why the dates are blocked. They can't tqke me to other resort and then move me back (that was the last answer I've got)
The marathon isn't until the weekend after President's Weekend... sounds very odd to me.

Andr

Old 02-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #1435
gabyta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

The marathon isn't until the weekend after President's Weekend... sounds very odd to me.

Andr
They have availability until feb 7th, and they can't let me move for 5 days and then bring me back. That was their answer.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #1436
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Just back from a fantastic 10 days at FQ. Great location in bldg 4. Request was 4 or 5 outside corner room and that's what I got, next to food court too

Room was nice and kept clean. No fancy towels like some do for your toothbrushes, and the fan folding to put toiletries in. Got it once or twice guess when regular mousekeeper was off . Did get towel animal our last day. But as long as room was clean, it's good. The rest is gravy.

Bus service was great. We never shared. Only one night well after park closing. We had dinner at Narcossees and got to MK bus 45 min after park closing.

We used the hot tub some. Even pool mid afternoon when the temps got into high 70, low 80s .

We love the boat to DTD. And walked over to Riverside a couple of times for the pasta bar. Yum.

We already have our August YC vacay booked but decided to come in 2 days early and booked the BB for FQ for 2 days. But now thinking we may enjoy trying the Royal Rooms over in Riverside

Being that I love Riverside, I didn't know if I'd like FQ, but I did. Don't know if in summer I would miss not having the quiet pool. Even in Jan it wasn't easy finding lounges at the pool. We went to the back of the pool by river and actually prefer it back there. But even most of those chairs were taken. Just an observation. All in all we really loved it there.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 02-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #1437
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

There's a possibility we'll be at POFQ in May 2014 - yep, plenty of time to prepare! But it's our second 'trip of a lifetime' and I wont get anywhere near WDW again at least until all my children are adults

Anyway, I'm reading through this thread and getting excited! I have plenty of time so am taking it all in, currently on page 56

POFQ looks nice, though I think I'm going to miss the more bright and Disney feel of ASMu - we did love it there! I must admit also that the Mardi Gras decorations are quite creepy to me! But I'm sure that once there, like with ASMu, we will love it

The reason we are thinking of changing is because of our budget - it looks as though two rooms at POFQ with free DDP will cost less than a family suite and paying for food separate at ASMu.
It will be me and my husband plus our 4 children and baby. We're going to need connecting rooms and that's the one question I've not seen come up in this thread so far!
How do I go about it? And how likely is it that we'll get it?
Ideally I'd like a room that we can see the pool from, so I can let my bigger children go swim but still keep an eye on them - I'd have to pay more for this wouldn't I? Not sure I can so might have to go without that.

The free dining plan - as we didn't get that before it's new to me. Do they only do this offer at certain times of year? Looking at it for May 2013 it's there, does that mean I'm likely to get it if we don't book until early 2014?

I do hope that POFQ is as good as you all say it is! I was so geared up for returning to ASMu as we love it there, but I'm willing to change! Plus we spend most of our day in the parks anyway, and only really return to hotel to collapse and sleep!

Thanks for this FANTASTIC thread! It's informative, friendly and makes everything so exciting too!

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #1438
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfisher12
Does anyone know if they make towel animals at porfq
We got Mickey shaped "animals", but that was it.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #1439
wheels on fire
Mouseketeer

Thank you

for answer to my pool question. Hopefully can pack wetsuit for him in medical bag weight allowance

More I read more i am excited about staying at POFQ for trip o fa lifetime

Last edited by wheels on fire; 02-04-2013 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #1440
middlesista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Just back from a fantastic 10 days at FQ. Great location in bldg 4. Request was 4 or 5 outside corner room and that's what I got, next to food court too

We stayed in Building 4 also but noted that it seemed a "designated smoking" area was right outside the food court and although we did not stay on that side of Building 4 we wondered if for those rooms closest to that area if it was a problem?

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: