Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #601
chuckinthechat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
Saturday's QOTD:

Do you plan on having a rental vehicle at your disposal?

(or will you have your own vehicle as you are driving to Orlando vs. flying?)

Or are you sticking with Disney transportation (ME and buses/monorail/boats) for your vacation?

All I will do is take Disney transportation just based on the fact it is cheaper and easier to do. Driving in an area I'm not familiar with just adds very unneeded stress and who wants that while on vacation?
Old 02-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #602
jdd
DIS Veteran

We were absolutely not going this year....really....honest...

Booked the first half of our trip yesterday

Since DH is starting a new job (tomorrow!) just the boys and I will spend the first 5 nights at CSR (8/10-8/15). Then we plan to move to the Poly for the 15th thru the 17th. Can't make my ADRs for a few more days, but planning on dinners at Ohana, Cape May Buffet, Crystal Palace and TRex, lunch at Chefs de France and Big River Grille. Nothing else decided yet...

We stayed DVC last August and didn't see a bounce back offer, but maybe you don't get them in the DVC rooms?? So, still hoping for a good room discount or free dining
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-???
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #603
mieshie75
Mouseketeer

Disney transport all the way.

I love a warm pig belly for my feet.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:45 AM   #604
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Okay, its kinda quiet in here. I will toss out another Question of the Day .

After your trip, what do you do with all your vacation photos?

Do you scrapbook them?

Create photobooks? (if so, which site do you use.....Shutterfly? Picaboo? etc.)

Make prints for photo albums?

Do trip videos and post them to youtube?

Keep them on your computer and forget they are there?

And how many photos would you estimate you normally take on an "average" trip?

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 02-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #605
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Booked our flight down this morning, Yay! Southwest' s website gave me a minor heart attack when I got a message saying they were discontinuing flights from PIT to MCO. After some round about web surfing I found them available.. They really cut the schedule, though. Now just need to finish spending on my SW card to earn our flight home....or maybe I won't.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:01 AM   #606
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post

Do you scrapbook them?

For me, it depends on what I feel like doing after the trip.

I used to scrapbook all of my pics......but man, those scrapbooks start to take up a LOT of space after a while. So then I got hooked on the photobooks (my preference being Shutterfly, but Picaboo is also good and they get shipped to me faster ) which take up far less room to store and actually turn out really quite lovely. I am currently working on my Picaboo order right now of our Christmas trip memories.

In addition to my family scrapbooks, I also do separate photo albums for Jake. I have done albums of his life events (small ones and big ones) since birth with captions, dates, etc. so its just a continuation of those.

I have never done trip videos but would love to learn how.

On an average trip, we take about 100 photos a day.....give or take.

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 02-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #607
mieshie75
Mouseketeer

We scrapbook. I actually had it organized by park. I collect different things throughout the year that we might be able to use in them. Last time we were in the world for 6 days we took a combined 1200 photos.

I love a warm pig belly for my feet.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #608
Loreli
Mouseketeer

This is my way and my plan for this trip. We have thousands and thousands of pics on a extra drive behind our computer. I really think this works well as it takes up almost no space and every once in a while my DH will put an old file on the rotating picture desktop and we will watch and laugh.

I have never done a picture book from an online service, I have received a friend's baby album as a gift and thought it was lovely, but that's yet another expense to the trip. Well maybe my mom will spring for it? Worth asking hu?

Old 02-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #609
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post

Do you scrapbook them?

I love looking at the pics we take at Disney so much that I feel sad if I am not looking at them all year long. THEREFORE, lol I go directly to shutterfly and make a calendar out of them! The shutterfly calenders are put on this wonderful thick card stock type paper and then when the year is over I just save the calender as though it were a scrapbook but I never have to worry about the pics falling out or getting bent. I love when a new month comes cuz my hubby and I get to look and remember all the fun we had with all new pics from the year before. My parents are mouse junkies too so this year I helped my mom surprise my dad with one. There are so many wonderful things ppl do with there pics but for me this one helps the year seem not so far from my next Disney trip lol.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #610
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Do you scrapbook them?

Well, I posted them to Facebook at least! We printed a few family ones up for Christmas gifts. I did make my boys scrapbook style autograph books for our Dec trip, but we have been gearing up to move so once were settled I'm hoping to print up the pictures from our trip and get their books finished. But mostly they sit on my computer!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Old 02-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #611
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
I have never done a picture book from an online service, I have received a friend's baby album as a gift and thought it was lovely, but that's yet another expense to the trip. Well maybe my mom will spring for it? Worth asking hu?
The good think about the photobooks is that there is almost always a deal on somewhere....either via Groupon, or direct with each company (right now Picaboo has a 55% off photobooks code for new customers). I actually find it cheaper than scrapbooking by quite a bit! Keep your eyes peeled and you will definitely get a good discount offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohlover4life View Post
I love looking at the pics we take at Disney so much that I feel sad if I am not looking at them all year long. THEREFORE, lol I go directly to shutterfly and make a calendar out of them!
What an AWESOME idea! Methinks I may have to do the same.....and perhaps craft an extra couple for Mother's Day gifts!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #612
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma23 View Post
Booked our flight down this morning, Yay! Southwest' s website gave me a minor heart attack when I got a message saying they were discontinuing flights from PIT to MCO. After some round about web surfing I found them available.. They really cut the schedule, though. Now just need to finish spending on my SW card to earn our flight home....or maybe I won't.
Same experience here!! And yes they sure did cut the schedule. Airtran is offering much more selection. There were only 4 or 5 flights coming home on Labor Day for Southwest and only one was non-stop. That is much less than years past.
I bit the bullet and purchased Airtran for my flight down and Southwest for my flight back. I paid for seat selection on Airtran and factored in the bag fees and bought the EBCI for our Southwest return. So the grand total is $1155 for four people, for everything at great flight times. Now I can stop worrying about it.

As for the question of the day.

I am HORRIBLE for taking photos. I have a scrapbook of our first trip and then... nothing. DD takes all the photos on her Iphone and they are on her computer. In fact I don't even think I've looked at the pictures from the last 2 or 3 trips

However, I've started to realize I am going to want these one day, especially as the kids get older so I am going to get the ones off her computer and I got a nice point and shoot for Christmas and promised myself I would make some photobooks!!!

ETA) I think I should explain a bit. Pictures make me sad. I know it's silly but as much as I love to look at my kids when they were younger it makes me melancholy (and often weepy) to look at them. So I take them and I keep them, but I have to be in the right mood to look at them.
It's silly and I think I am the only person in the world like this. I have pictures of the kids in my wallet from about 5 years ago and I always get a knot in my stomach when I see those little faces and realize how quick they are growing up. I'm getting a lump in my throat typing this! I swear I am such a cry baby! We have pictures on the walls and the fridge and in frames and I get used to those. But sometimes a photo can just catch me the wrong way and I get sad.

Last edited by pigletto; 02-04-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #613
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! Just booked my flights, Thank You SW for releasing the schedule and for making the flight times a little easier on us, no 4am wake up call this time! I feel better having the airfare booked with the flights (direct) I wanted.

Now just waiting on ADR time.

Question of the Day
I do a Photobook of each trip and a collage (you can see a snippet of it in my siggy) that I have displayed in my living room, I have them printed on these plaque things at Shutterfly. They look really nice. I also make a DVD with a video to music and all the original video clips strung together. The kids love to watch them every now and again.

Last edited by beebeeryan; 02-04-2013 at 08:19 AM. Reason: wasn't finished
Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #614
cbonewjersey
Mouseketeer

Oy. 6 x 50,000 mile FF tickets today. I swear it takes months off my life when I spend that much at once. Now here's the kicker....0630 from Newark. Thanks to DME, we're at the ticket window at MK by 1000 to get our PAPs (please G-d, let them be there) and TIW. BLT 2-BR lake view. Looking at rental car for 1-2 days to do WWOHP / US.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #615
flnngn2
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Do you scrapbook them?

I usually take over 100 photos. I edit on my camera as we wait in lines or during meals. I have been using shutterfly to upload and take advantage of their specials to print photo books. I simply do not have the time to scrapbook. For Christmas this year my DH got me a Pre made Disney scrapbook, all I have to do is print the photos and slide them into the pages. I think he go lt it at a Hallmark store.
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: