Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #3421
insureman
Disney Cruise Crazy or so my family tells me!

Location: Southcoast Massachusetts.Not close enough to Port Canaveral!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I'm down to 13 sleeps now, and it can't come quickly for me enough either. Really looking forward to trying a Royal Room too (for research purposes of course as it was the one room type at POR I haven't tried yet).

I already know roughly where our room might be, and if that works out I'll try to stream a live webcam of the river view from the window. Wi-fi dependant anyway.

Andre
The webcam is an excellent idea Andre. Let us know. Thanks for the great POR website.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #3422
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm down to 13 sleeps now, and it can't come quickly for me enough either. Really looking forward to trying a Royal Room too (for research purposes of course as it was the one room type at POR I haven't tried yet).

I already know roughly where our room might be, and if that works out I'll try to stream a live webcam of the river view from the window. Wi-fi dependant anyway.

Andre
I didn't use it much while I was there, but wi-fi was good in our room.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #3423
lucifie
DIS Veteran

There have been a lot of questions about the size of the murphy beds in AB. Here is a picture of my 7 year old in it. It's not a great picture to show the size, but you can see that she has plenty of room. In this picture she's kind of curled up, but not because she need to be. She's about 49" tall and 50 lb. My 3 older kids took turns sleeping in it. DS4 is about 47" and 50 lb and DD9 is about 52" and 90 lb and they all slept in it comfortably. I had gone in with an idea of which kid would sleep in it for the trip, but they all wanted to sleep in it so they took turns.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #3424
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
There have been a lot of questions about the size of the murphy beds in AB. Here is a picture of my 7 year old in it. It's not a great picture to show the size, but you can see that she has plenty of room. In this picture she's kind of curled up, but not because she need to be. She's about 49" tall and 50 lb. My 3 older kids took turns sleeping in it. DS4 is about 47" and 50 lb and DD9 is about 52" and 90 lb and they all slept in it comfortably. I had gone in with an idea of which kid would sleep in it for the trip, but they all wanted to sleep in it so they took turns.

Thanks for the photo! I showed my 3 kids the picture of the room from Andre's first page and they all want to sleep in it as well so they will take turns too!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
Old 02-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #3425
sammsma
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Andre
I think we're going to be there at the same time. We're down to 14 sleeps! Thank you so much for your amazing website, Andre! Your site was what got me and my family excited for our first stay at POR last year and we can't wait to go back. The kids are especially excited after seeing the updates to the AB rooms.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #3426
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Sign me up for the Germ Phobia Group ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney View Post
NO hotels wash comforters very often! The first thing I do when I get in my room is pull that sucker off the bed! or fold it down. (then wash my hands). I also dont walk barefoot on the carpet.
and don't get me started on how i bring clorox wipes to wipe everything down before i'll touch it (i.e. remote control, phone, alarm clock, toilet seat, knobs, etc.) haha Yup. Certified Germaphobe here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
I am not a germaphobe but I always remove the top cover before crawling into bed, we never sleep with it. For all the same reasons, people put all kinds of stuff on the beds and it never gets washed, plus they are terribly uncomfortable and itchy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
I do exactly the same ... maybe the nurse in me, but when I saw 20/20 or maybe it was another show they showed all the nasty stuff under flourescent lights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
And after I read on this thread that someone actually was putting their dirty clothes in the drawers I wipe down the drawers with Clorox wipes too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canooknic View Post
I never use the drawers, everything get out on hangers or stays in my case.

I found a travel sized disinfectant spray yesterday so that's coming with me now, I didn't have space for a regular sized container.

I can't believe that we'll be there this time next week!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Thank you all for making me think I'm not crazy After I read a thread on here about someone changing their kids' diapers on the comforters...ICK!!!! My family is always itching to run to the parks, and I'm like, "Wait, I have to wipe down the drawers and remote first!"
1. ALLELUIA that I'm not alone!!! Thanks all
2. Drawers - I never thought to wipe those down too but now I will I already wipe down the handles on everything, the remote, and the phone and any table we end up eating on (and if food touches the table directly, its garbage).
3. Yup, I'm the nutty lady on the airplane that wipes down everything and won't touch the reading material. I fly just about every week. I'm tempted to start wearing a mask but I need SOME germs to keep my immunity working!
4. Comforters - I get really chilly and like blankets. I typically grab the 'extra' one they have in a closet but sometimes those comforters provide extra warmth. So if I need an extra blanket or ask to 'replace' the comforter - will POR give me CLEAN ones? If they rarely wash the comforter, I just wonder if they'll get me another that they haven't washed.

Thanks all!!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 02-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #3427
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yeah mousekeeping can be very creative. Here is a pic from the Poly with our lil ones stuffed animals.

These are awesome!!! I wondered how your Poly trip went. I tried to search for it somewhere but I couldn't find anything (I'm sure it is my inability to use the search function properly on the DIS!!) I don't want to get too but did you enjoy it??? (Of course, leaving all the negative nellies on the one thread OUT of your fabulous vacation )

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 02-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #3428
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Might be needing the extra bed - we'll see!

So my girlfriend heard I was going to Disney for a conference and I was staying all by my lonesome. I told her to come along if she likes. So she might be staying with me at POR I'll have a good time no matter what, but it would be super cool to have a friend there to enjoy it.

And my coworkers remember last year - that I stayed on Disney property and they stayed near the convention center. Well, I had an AWESOME time and they, well, not so much... So they are all looking at staying at Disney property They also want to go to the Yee Haw Bob show as a group activity. See, Darth isn't the only one trying to lure people to the... Disney side... (total double pun)

Old 02-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #3429
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
These are awesome!!! I wondered how your Poly trip went. I tried to search for it somewhere but I couldn't find anything (I'm sure it is my inability to use the search function properly on the DIS!!) I don't want to get too but did you enjoy it??? (Of course, leaving all the negative nellies on the one thread OUT of your fabulous vacation )
Yeah it was great...

So we don't get off topic: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2889194
Old 02-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #3430
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yeah it was great...

So we don't get off topic: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2889194
Nice! Great photos too!

Old 02-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #3431
ReluctantDisaholic
Mouseketeer

So...flights are booked and I'm trying to book ME...except nobody will let me since my travel agent apparently owns the reservation until check-in. The same travel agent who booked us at the wrong place and who still has me as a standard view even though we paid for garden because she insists we paid for standard...grrr....

If I do online check-in right now, would that help?

I'm scared to see where we'd end up if we don't book it ourselves
March 2013 - POR
March 2014 - POR/POFQ
August 2015 - Beach Club??

Old 02-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #3432
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

WE'RE HERE!

Checked in around 11:30 this morning. Could not be happier with our room -- AB, so close to everything, river view, and a CORNER ROOM!!! Venom, thank you SO SO SO much! Thanks to you, too, Andre, for all the info! This is absolutely amazing!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #3433
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
WE'RE HERE!

Checked in around 11:30 this morning. Could not be happier with our room -- AB, so close to everything, river view, and a CORNER ROOM!!! Venom, thank you SO SO SO much! Thanks to you, too, Andre, for all the info! This is absolutely amazing!
Glad to hear it. I hope you have a very magical time!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #3434
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantDisaholic
So...flights are booked and I'm trying to book ME...except nobody will let me since my travel agent apparently owns the reservation until check-in. The same travel agent who booked us at the wrong place and who still has me as a standard view even though we paid for garden because she insists we paid for standard...grrr....

If I do online check-in right now, would that help?

I'm scared to see where we'd end up if we don't book it ourselves
Similar situation happened with me and the huge group I went with!! I had to have the travel agent do it but she screwed it all up. The only good thing is that Disney ME accommodated us at the airport then I called them from the resort lobby to arrange everyone's return trip. I spent two hours on my vacation doing this! Now I wasn't sent all the documents since we were all coming from around the country so I wasn't able to review everything in advance. I suggest you know the TA's name and book it yourself. If that doesn't work, make sure you have the TA fax/email any documents as well as mailing it to you. That way, you'll know if it was done correctly sooner than when they send you snail mail docs.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #3435
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

OMG Just nabbed $95 each way!! 949 for 5 of us to fly non stop! We are adding ANOTHER day because it was cheaper to fly on Thursday and the money we "saved" is equal to another night at POR so a wash..but a good wash!! 15 nights people!! We will be there for 15 nights!!!!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: