Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Crazy, but summer is cheapest!

OK, I admit that it had been a couple of years since scrutinized prices over different seasons and this will be old news to savvy Disers, but I was shocked since I simply assumed deluxe hotel prices would also follow the logic of being higher over the summer. But carefully reviewing the prices of deluxes, I see that one of the cheapest times to go is the summer - starting in late May through September (yes, including June, July, and August) . It's way cheaper than the fall or the spring! For those of you that think I am crazy, look at the detailed price lists in MouseSavers: http://www.mousesavers.com/2013-walt...-season-dates/

I know it's crazy crowded and crazy hot (where is a good sweating smiley when you need one), but we live in Atlanta, so we're already used to the oppressive heat). The lower prices and not needing to pull kids out of school certainly makes for a compelling argument. Any thoughts? Anyone else shocked too?

Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL
Oct 2013 - PBH
Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP)
Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP)
May-June 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP)
Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP)
Oct 2009 - BC (DDP)
May 2004 - RPR
April 1995 - AsMu (college trip)
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Years ago summer was value season for the deluxe and we always stayed deluxe during July. Only the past few years did Disney change the pricing and seasons to price out summer, guess it didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
OK, I admit that it had been a couple of years since scrutinized prices over different seasons and this will be old news to savvy Disers, but I was shocked since I simply assumed deluxe hotel prices would also follow the logic of being higher over the summer. But carefully reviewing the prices of deluxes, I see that one of the cheapest times to go is the summer - starting in late May through September (yes, including June, July, and August) . It's way cheaper than the fall or the spring! For those of you that think I am crazy, look at the detailed price lists in MouseSavers: http://www.mousesavers.com/2013-walt...-season-dates/

I know it's crazy crowded and crazy hot (where is a good sweating smiley when you need one), but we live in Atlanta, so we're already used to the oppressive heat). The lower prices and not needing to pull kids out of school certainly makes for a compelling argument. Any thoughts? Anyone else shocked too?

19 trips and plannin' the next 1
wdwmaw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 05:43 AM   #3
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I knew this.

We stayed WL CL this past July for under $250/night (had a 40% discount). It was fabulous!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Summer 2011. Poly GV CL. $349.00/night. Rack rate was Value Season in August and had a 40% PIN. Pretty outstanding!

Hoping for something good this Summer. Stayiing Value Season in August. AKV-Jambo 1-BDR Villa. Lower Rack Rate--awaiting discount...
Old 01-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermommyof3 View Post
Summer 2011. Poly GV CL. $349.00/night. Rack rate was Value Season in August and had a 40% PIN. Pretty outstanding!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I knew this.

We stayed WL CL this past July for under $250/night (had a 40% discount). It was fabulous!!!
Wow! Those are some great rates for CL in the MK area. Cheaper than what I have paid for standard rooms at BC/YC in October with pin. How were the parks? Tour groups? Crowded? I know it'll be hot, but it's hot in Atlanta, so nothing new there...

Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL
Oct 2013 - PBH
Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP)
Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP)
May-June 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP)
Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP)
Oct 2009 - BC (DDP)
May 2004 - RPR
April 1995 - AsMu (college trip)
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow! Those are some great rates for CL in the MK area. Cheaper than what I have paid for standard rooms at BC/YC in October with pin. How were the parks? Tour groups? Crowded? I know it'll be hot, but it's hot in Atlanta, so nothing new there...
The crowds and heat were not nearly what I had built up in my head...but the tour groups....they did start to get to us because there were soooooo many and they would have one person go to the FP kiosk with their whole groups tickets and take 60+ FP's at a time, often resulting in a return time a couple of hours after what was there when we walked up to the kiosk.

Oh, and the chanting...yikes! That got obnoxious...I guess they do it to entertain themselves in line??? But, ugh.

We had a great trip overall though and agreed that we would have no hesitation to go in July again if that was the only option on the table.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
DCbride
DIS Veteran

We go every August because of the rates! One year we did WL CL and loved it! And last year we got BC for around $220 plus tx. We could never afford fall at an Epcot resort. This year we are staying at LM room at AoA and not getting a discount. It will really, really hurt.

Disney Trips with the kids 1993 Poly 1995 BC 1996 Dixie Landings 1998 BC 2001 SoG 2004 SoG 2006 Dolphin 2008 Magic Villa 3, Mickey's Clubhouse 2009 CSR in March, April, Aug. Sept & Nov 2010 CSR, WL & WL CL, SoG 2011 SoG, CSR, SoG, Mariott, Kidani 2012 Marriott, BC, WLV/AoA 2013 Marriott, AoA, AoA 2014 Pop, AoA, BC, Bay Lake
DCbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #8
snorkelyn
Mouseketeer

Great link, thanks. I just checked that site, and found Value2 season at CSR is Aug 4 - Sept 13. So, if I check in Sept 12, will I get the lower rate for the duration of my trip? Or do they adjust the rate daily.
Hmmm...anyone know?
snorkelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The parks busy but not too busy compared to other times. We did not run into many tour groups in August. Hot is a given--you have a great reason to swim! The only downside is rain. But for the amazing rates, it was worth the inconvenience of a few passing rain showers each day--bring a poncho!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelyn
Great link, thanks. I just checked that site, and found Value2 season at CSR is Aug 4 - Sept 13. So, if I check in Sept 12, will I get the lower rate for the duration of my trip? Or do they adjust the rate daily.
Hmmm...anyone know?
They charge you by the day. Weekends cost more than weekdays too.
ChristineOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #11
rickysgirl
Earning My Ears

We are Canadian so we go the 3rd or 4th week of August and have for the last 8 years. We have always got the free dining plan. While the crowds have been good we have found they have gotten bigger the last couple of years.
rickysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: