Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 07:14 PM   #46
emsmith
Earning My Ears

OK...Question...I see people having more than one reservation. Can you make more than one for the same time period? Do you need to put money down on each reservation? Is so...and you cancel do you get it back?

Sorry for so many questions...but we were going the end of Oct, but now with military discount sounding interesting we may go the last week of Sept. If I book for Oct and they continue the discount for 2013-14 can I get it added to my room already on reservation.

This is all greek to me but you all have been wonderful with answers!!

Thanks in advance!!
emsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #47
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmith View Post
OK...Question...I see people having more than one reservation. Can you make more than one for the same time period? Do you need to put money down on each reservation? Is so...and you cancel do you get it back?

Sorry for so many questions...but we were going the end of Oct, but now with military discount sounding interesting we may go the last week of Sept. If I book for Oct and they continue the discount for 2013-14 can I get it added to my room already on reservation.
Thanks in advance!!
No problem about the questions, that's why the boards are here.

You can use the Armed Forces Salute room discount as often as you want. Multiple times during the current offer (1 Oct. 12-28 Sept 13). You do need to make your deposit on each reservation.

Disney has been very good about allowing people to convert their existing reservation to the AFS rate once announced. There was a mad scramble this past August when they announced and quite a bit of confusion on the part of the Disney call center. They only people who seemed to have issues were those who had special rooms booked i.e. princess or pirate rooms.

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 12:46 AM   #48
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

I have a question. My dad booked 3 rooms on the AFS discount at the same resort. We are all have the same check in/out dates. I am going to assume that we all need to check in at the same time on our check in date since my dad most likely will need to show his ID for all three rooms. Right?

Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:11 AM   #49
gjl
Mouseketeer

1. Resort- Poly
2. Room type(s)- Club Level Lagoon View
3. Dates of your stay-12-20 June
4. Approximate date you booked with the military discount- November 25, 2012
gjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:24 AM   #50
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintasare View Post
I have a question. My dad booked 3 rooms on the AFS discount at the same resort. We are all have the same check in/out dates. I am going to assume that we all need to check in at the same time on our check in date since my dad most likely will need to show his ID for all three rooms. Right?
It was my understanding that you needed to have an ID card member staying in the room so I am not sure if this will work. I am sure if I am wrong someone will correct me. Every time I have booked more than one room with this discount I had to show my ID for mine and DH's room and my DD showed her ID for her room. We are both dependents as my husband is the retired military member but they have never allowed me to check in to two rooms using the discount with just my ID.

RMAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #51
Lintasare
Holy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAMom View Post
It was my understanding that you needed to have an ID card member staying in the room so I am not sure if this will work. I am sure if I am wrong someone will correct me. Every time I have booked more than one room with this discount I had to show my ID for mine and DH's room and my DD showed her ID for her room. We are both dependents as my husband is the retired military member but they have never allowed me to check in to two rooms using the discount with just my ID.
Oh bah because the only two with IDs are in one room. The rest of us, while we are former dependents no longer have IDs. We aged out of them.

Will have to have dad call Disney to clarify.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #52
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintasare View Post
Oh bah because the only two with IDs are in one room. The rest of us, while we are former dependents no longer have IDs. We aged out of them.

Will have to have dad call Disney to clarify.
You don't need an ID card per room. The eligible member can reserve up to three rooms with the AFS.

To your original question, the sponsor needs to check in first. You can't until he is there.

Have fun!

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #53
Lintasare
Holy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve TLT View Post
You don't need an ID card per room. The eligible member can reserve up to three rooms with the AFS.

To your original question, the sponsor needs to check in first. You can't until he is there.

Have fun!
THANK YOU!!! You have eased my mind. And we will all be arriving together so that should help.

Now to go research Military Salute tickets.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #54
goofynut41
Disney Veteran

1. Wilderness Lodge
2. Woods view
3. 12/8 - 12/15, 2013
4. Aug. 3, 2012
This is if they renew the discount...
If not its PLAN B and Shades of Green....

Last edited by goofynut41; 02-06-2013 at 08:34 AM.
goofynut41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #55
denisea51
Mouseketeer

Resort BWI CL
Dates Sept 22 - 29 2013
Date booked Oct 26 2012

Waiting for FD Hope it happens

Denise
Old 02-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #56
gilesmt
DIS Veteran

SoG
Garden view first floor due to service animal
Booked 2/11/2013
Stay 8/18/2013 to 8/31/2013

Can't beat the $86.10 a night unless we go in sept for 73.60, which I want but kids in college now.
gilesmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #57
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

We have been cruising the last two years, but DH is itching to get back into the parks. We figured we had to wait for free dining since there's so many of us, but after we ran the numbers of paying rate rate for two rooms, and tickets vs paying OOP for the dining plan and doing the mil 4 day hoppers and mil rate room, we came out cheaper with the military rate. We're looking to go in 2014 though.
SO my questions:
1. It looks like 2013 rates were released in August of 2012...is fall when we should be looking at 2014 to be announced?
2. Are there any rooms that hold 7 (3 adults 4 children) that also are part of the military rate? We usually book two (and once 3) rooms, but maybe one room would be better (read CHEAPER).

Can you tell we are cheap skates? LOL
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #58
NicoleLarson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
2. Are there any rooms that hold 7 (3 adults 4 children) that also are part of the military rate? We usually book two (and once 3) rooms, but maybe one room would be better (read CHEAPER).

Can you tell we are cheap skates? LOL
For you and some advice to the orginal poster is to look into renting points from a DVC member or if you are not comfortable with that, rent from a company like the timeshare store or David's. It's cheaper than the military discount. For example: If the original poster wanted a 2 bedroom for her dates doing the military discount is ~$660/night, but renting @ $12/point would be ~$575, that's almost $100 less per night. It is very difficult to get a 2 bedroom through disney because we DVC owners, own the vast majority of them, disney can only book something like 10% of the inventory (Florida law). So yes, there are rooms that will hold that many people and keep in mind that BLT is the most expensive DVC resort out there (for now, I"m sure GF will surpass that) so if you really want to save some money rent a 2 bedroom at Old key West, which is a great resort and gets a bad rap. You will have more space then you know what to do with!
NicoleLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #59
Cshel85
Mouseketeer

We booked at BWI
Standard Room
May 27-June 3
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 is when we booked it

May 1999 Swan
August 2000 Port Orleans Riverside
July 2012 Wilderness Lodge Club Level
May 2013 Boardwalk Inn
July 2014 Boardwalk Villas

Cshel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #60
*Michele*
Mouseketeer

1. Contemporary Resort
2. Garden Wing, Garden View King bed
3. June 23 - 30
4. End of January 2013

(We call every couple of days or so to try get a room with two beds instead of a king, this just happened to be the last 'standard' room they had left for the Military Discount. Also, there are currently (as of Sunday 3/3) two Club level rooms available with the discount.)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: