Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #3211
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
We have never eaten dinner at the wave. The menu is not that appealing to us. We have had breakfast there, they really push the buffet > but we usually order what we want.
It reminds me of a nice hotels resturant. Nothing special???? It is ok.
Now, the bar issssssssssssss special. Really "hip" kinda feeling to it. We had a drink there it was sooooooooooo strong bug and I almost fell off our bar stools.
We miss the contempary's steak house. That was a must do every trip.

--as a side note at the wave breakfast last trip > we saw 3 tables robbing the "breakfast buffet" to stock there pantries. OMG They where filling up napsacks, and purses with donuts, rolls, fruit, you name it.
--Then the table next to us mom and 3 kids > 2 got the buffet and all 4 ate it.

It seriously needed to be watched. But, was rather entertaining.

mky
LOL...Thank You so much MKY-L...can`t drink adult beverages, so I`ll take your word for the strong drinks ....Im sure you guys were feeling NO pain what so ever after that one !!...WOW about the freebees taken by that family...Im surprised no one noticed..!!...How was the service for breakfast when you order ala carte..?
We miss the Concourse Steakhouse as well....that was a must do for us too...soooo we will try Dinner at the Wave , and let you know how it goes this summer....We try to do one restaurant we`ve never been to each trip....this summer its the "Wave"...

Old 01-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #3212
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Wave, has spotty service for breakfast. Sometimes it has been great & sometimes they push you to get the buffet, to the point you figure they don't want to do there job. the buffet for breakfast was push $19.00 and we certainly can't eat that much $$ for breakfast. So I think it only works when you are really really hungery.
--- we did talk to our waiter and pointed out the "thieves" and activity and they said, they know they where all doing it > but unless the manager addresses it > they do not. Guess it might affect there tip. Although they didn't seem like they where doing well on that front in there either.
--The wave is a self contained room behind the CR's front desk area = so no windows or views anywhere. Its the area that used to be the quick service seating area and arcade.

We are off and on with trying "new" places. I have kinda wanted to try the SSR's steakhouse, but we went once > place was very empty and they said "it was an hour wait" ????? we left and haven't been back.
What do you think of it?

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #3213
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

Those fireworks are pretty darn awesome mky. What a problem to have
Old 01-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #3214
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Well knew it was a matter of time but: I upgraded June. We are now mkv / tower. I even tried to upgrade in Oct. but no AAA's left. Now, I did decline the conceirge floor #12 mkv room with AAA discount. So am holding on that.

I admitted I am a walt disney world - aholic. No control over my compulsion. And bug is NO help either.

I am starting to think we will be attending a 12 step program for this compulsion.

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 01-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #3215
EEyorelover22

Quote:
Well knew it was a matter of time but: I upgraded June. We are now mkv / tower. I even tried to upgrade in Oct. but no AAA's left. Now, I did decline the conceirge floor #12 mkv room with AAA discount. So am holding on that.

I admitted I am a walt disney world - aholic. No control over my compulsion. And bug is NO help either.

I am starting to think we will be attending a 12 step program for this compulsion.

mky

I've only ever made it to step one...
Yes, I am a Disney addict.
epic failure after that..........
Old 01-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #3216
EEyorelover22

Should add mky....I think that the view for those fireworks will be AMAZINGand the crowds from your room will be even more AMAZING to watch FROM A DISTANCE!!!:

Last edited by EEyorelover22; 01-26-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #3217
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

MKY: Gotta say that I am pretty jealous! Would love to have your problems!

Still have no clue what we are doing this summer but kids are pushing for Disney while I am trying really hard to do something different so they can have a new experience. I will admit that I will give up soon if they don't get on board.

Congrats on the upgrade MKY. Enjoy it!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #3218
TOMAR@SSR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wave, has spotty service for breakfast. Sometimes it has been great & sometimes they push you to get the buffet, to the point you figure they don't want to do there job. the buffet for breakfast was push $19.00 and we certainly can't eat that much $$ for breakfast. So I think it only works when you are really really hungery.
--- we did talk to our waiter and pointed out the "thieves" and activity and they said, they know they where all doing it > but unless the manager addresses it > they do not. Guess it might affect there tip. Although they didn't seem like they where doing well on that front in there either.
--The wave is a self contained room behind the CR's front desk area = so no windows or views anywhere. Its the area that used to be the quick service seating area and arcade.

We are off and on with trying "new" places. I have kinda wanted to try the SSR's steakhouse, but we went once > place was very empty and they said "it was an hour wait" ????? we left and haven't been back.
What do you think of it?

mky
Sorry Ive been MIA this weekend ...DS and his DGF were over for the weekend and we celebrated DS`s birthday.... It was also the little Prince`s Birthday on the 26th....he`s 3 years old already !!

MKY- Congrats on your upgrade....Its gonna be wonderful watching wishes from your balcony !!!!
Im starting to rethink the wave now, Ive tryed to look at other reviews and most others are saying the same thing you have mentioned here...very spotty at best, so Im on the hunt for a new restaurant for one night that we have open ...lol
About the The Turf Club at SSR- we only ate there one night so I cannot give you an honest review on it...the night we were there the food was OK...not great ,not bad either, but it was late so not sure if that was the reason, but, the service was s l o w....

Hope everyone has a great week !!!

Old 01-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #3219
candizfan
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

Not sure you remember me. I use to be your Canadian friend and chat all the time on the board with you?

Sorry I have been away so long. It seems like forever since I have been on here. I received a notification today and felt terrible for not checking in.

I have been working too much and fighting terrible headaches all winter. I am not sure what is causing them and even my migraine medicine is not working. so I am not really into coming home and surfing on the computer.

I have hardly planned anything for our March trip to Universal. Once I booked the flights and the rooms I pretty much ignored it. No that we are 39 days away I need to get busy or the kids are going thing the world has stopped turning because I have no plans.

Hopefully everyone is doing well and I did see that the boys are gaining weight. That is great news. I will have to make an effort to touch base more often.

I will post again soon.
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #3220
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by candizfan View Post
Hi everyone!

Not sure you remember me. I use to be your Canadian friend and chat all the time on the board with you?

Sorry I have been away so long. It seems like forever since I have been on here. I received a notification today and felt terrible for not checking in.

I have been working too much and fighting terrible headaches all winter. I am not sure what is causing them and even my migraine medicine is not working. so I am not really into coming home and surfing on the computer.

I have hardly planned anything for our March trip to Universal. Once I booked the flights and the rooms I pretty much ignored it. No that we are 39 days away I need to get busy or the kids are going thing the world has stopped turning because I have no plans.

Hopefully everyone is doing well and I did see that the boys are gaining weight. That is great news. I will have to make an effort to touch base more often.

I will post again soon.
Glad to see you on the Dis Board again. Sorry about the headaches, hope they will stop so you and your family can focus on your up coming vacation.

Happy day to you and your family

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 01-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #3221
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone. I thought I would join in on this thread also! Trying to get as much July info as possible.

We are heading down again this year, but had to move our May trip to July 19th - 27th.

So excited about planning.

Already made some ADR's......and already changed some It's an obsession!!
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 01-30-2013, 03:45 PM   #3222
JennMouse32
Still Looking for my Prince Charming

it's a ghost!!

it hasnt been good since i got back from florida... so ive just been out of it not really interested in much.

first i got fired from my job on halloween. stupid reason too. a rule that no one knows about. ive asked around and no one does know about that

that fungal mengitis injections, first there was a scare with my mom, she got checked out and she was fine. but we just found out maybe a month ago that my stepdad has it. so he hasnt basially had it for 6 months and we never knew. so obviously it did major damage. my stepdad had to have surgery.. had that a couple weeks ago.. they put him on the meds for it. he started having some bad side effects. mom was getting worried. he was talking to himself, hallucinating, fatigued... They have changed the dosage since then and he has been better. so it was just as i told mom. I told her not to worry that side effects from the meds was probably what it is.. then (who says tv catch teach us anything) i was watching an episode of bones, and it was were they had a type of fungal mengititis possibly in the lab, so they had to shut down, when they gave the ppl the injections for the meds, as a precaution they listed the side effects and it was all exactly what he was having..after i told her about that, she calmed down a bit...

the onyl good point, if u can call it that..is that the lawsuits against teh company for the tainted injections. we have a lawyer. and guessed estimated 6-20mil minimum settlement to each person. ive already been promised my dream disney trips. said i was 3 trips. 2 to disneyworld, one at xmas time, i want to see the castle lit up, and a 2nd cuz i couldnt wait till Xmas, and a disney cruise(probably linked with one of the trips). with my sister, her boys, my 15-year old cousin, and my hunnie James.
they were also doing all that dreaming about the money. Mom wants her mustang, i told her no GT, stepdad wants a houseboat, and to take mom to Vegas...paying off the bills goes without saying..

so its been.. ugh.. i dont even know how to describe it since i got back from Florida.. maybe i just shouldnt leave florida next time!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #3223
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Hiya everyone,

Its almost Feb.

ocalla, Welcome, and happy planning. Congrat's on your trip!

Candi, nice to hear from you. Started thinking you where snowed in up in Canada. Sounds like alot going on.

JMouse, interesting.

We have had some very weird weather here. Of course I was working 12hr shifts so missed the 2 days in the 60's. Down to 14 degrees today and of course I am here. It snowed yesterday. Only about an inch. Just enough to be pretty.

Happy planning, mky

Old 02-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #3224
candizfan
DIS Veteran

Hello from the Great White North!

What crazy weather this past week. It was in the 50s one day and down to the 20s that same night.

Did you hear about the huge pile up on I75 South outside of Detroit? Two young kids were killed from Windsor in the accident. It was very sad. The weather changed so quickly on Thursday it was very odd. I was driving to the Dentist and it went from clear to white out in only a few minutes. That was in the afternoon after the accident.

I took a friend and her daughter over to Detroit today to look for a wedding dress for the daughter. The boarder was the quietest I have seen in at least 15 years....I had to wonder if the snow that was falling and the recent event made people stay home.

Stay safe and warm my dear DIS friends!
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #3225
candygirl83
Mouseketeer

Is there an "official " July 2013 thread ???? We are going July 1-6 thanks!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: