DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
dfGoofy
Earning My Ears

Thinking of buying and want opinions on my plan

I have been thinking of buying DVC for a couple of years now. We took our first trip in 11/09 and then again in 2/12 and now we are planning another trip for 10/13 and again in 1/16. We have 3 DD ages, 8, 5 and 2. We would like to go every other year and my wife would love to stay in the Deluxe rooms, however those are pretty pricy. Once my DD2 turns 3 we will have to stay in larger rooms too and there are not many options at the mod level, without getting as pricy as a deluxe.

I was thinking that eventually we will want to start getting a 1 bedroom somewhere. So my thoughts turned to DVC. I have been analyzing things and think I can get 250 points to meet our needs. We really only want to go in the offseason like October/November timing.

Since we only plan on going once every other year I feel I have 2 options. My plan is to buy resale. First option is to buy 125 points and bank them every other year or buy 250 points and rent them out every other year and thus cover my maintenance fees both years through rental. I am leaning toward option 2.

I would like some opinions from on my 2 options, specifically if renting is really that easy to do. I understand there will be work in booking but are there as many prospective renters as there seems to be from reading here. Pros and Cons on renting your points out. Should we stay in a DVC first, by renting points ourselves to see if we like it? I have never stayed in one but I have friends with DVC who really love the rooms. If someone can think of something I am missing other opinions are always welcome.

10/13 CBR Pirate Room!
02/12 POFQ
11/09 POFQ
dfGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: