Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #151
cherbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
How funny that Rachel has started teasing you about your "love" of WTP.
I agree...what a riot!

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #152
bhamfamily4wdw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Ok, these are some of my favorite pages.

Chip and Dale

The Incredibles

Toy Story 2 - Woody, Jessie and Bullseye

Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket

Silvermist and Rosetta

Fawn and Iridessa
Your book is gorgeous! Do you make it ahead of time and have the characters sign it, or do you add the autographs to the book later?

Sept 08 - Poly = Heaven
Sept 09 - Poly
Oct 10 - POR
Sept 11 - Poly
Jan 13 - Contemporary
bhamfamily4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #153
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamfamily4wdw View Post
Your book is gorgeous! Do you make it ahead of time and have the characters sign it, or do you add the autographs to the book later?
I did both. In the beginning we needed them all, so I just made up new pages and also brought along blank white cards for new characters I hadn't got to yet. We bring the whole book in the parks.

It was great to look through while waiting in lines.

Then it got to be toooo heavy to carry so now we either just bring the individual pages we still need or blank autograph cards.

I'm actually working on my 2nd daughters book now...will post pics when I have a bunch to show.

Thanks for your kind words!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #154
leidig32
Earning My Ears

Cannot wait to see the next book! Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I did both. In the beginning we needed them all, so I just made up new pages and also brought along blank white cards for new characters I hadn't got to yet. We bring the whole book in the parks.

It was great to look through while waiting in lines.

Then it got to be toooo heavy to carry so now we either just bring the individual pages we still need or blank autograph cards.

I'm actually working on my 2nd daughters book now...will post pics when I have a bunch to show.

Thanks for your kind words!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #155
Megan Nicole
Earning My Ears

Those pages are so wonderful!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #156
disneyjes
Earning My Ears

Beautiful pages! Thank you for sharing!

disneyjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #157
Thea101
Earning My Ears

So beautiful

Your pages are beautiful. I am working on a book for my DD's now and was going to go digital but after looking at your pages you make me want to scrapbook. I just don't know how you find the time to do all the details to those pages.
Thea101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #158
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

ok sooo did I totally miss the pictures? There were no pictures on that first page.
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #159
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!

Sorry apparently my work computer is blocking the pics. I'll have to try when I get home.
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #160
DisneyChef
Earning My Ears

Sizes

Marshay,
What size scrapbooking paper did you use for all of the pages. It looked like 12 x 12, but i wasn't sure. I think they are beautifull. You have inspired me to make a book! I found stickers @ joanns, but I will look online to see if I can find a better selection. Thanks! I hope you get your other pics up soon!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #161
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

SORRY guys!! I totally forgot to post my new pics and of course got all caught up in our January trip. I will try to find the new pics and post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leidig32 View Post
Cannot wait to see the next book! Great job!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Nicole View Post
Those pages are so wonderful!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyjes View Post
Beautiful pages! Thank you for sharing!
Thanks to you too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thea101 View Post
Your pages are beautiful. I am working on a book for my DD's now and was going to go digital but after looking at your pages you make me want to scrapbook. I just don't know how you find the time to do all the details to those pages.
It was definitely a labor of love. Now it seems I only get to scrapbook if I book a weekend Crop! But I do want to get back to it more. Next year my youngest is in 3 day preschool so I'm already looking forward to the extra days!!

I do know that my daughters love feeling the stickers and embellishments, so I still do both digital (vacation photobooks) and regular (paper) scrapbooks for Autograph books and their baby books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya View Post
ok sooo did I totally miss the pictures? There were no pictures on that first page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya View Post
Sorry apparently my work computer is blocking the pics. I'll have to try when I get home.
Hope you found them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyChef View Post
Marshay,
What size scrapbooking paper did you use for all of the pages. It looked like 12 x 12, but i wasn't sure. I think they are beautifull. You have inspired me to make a book! I found stickers @ joanns, but I will look online to see if I can find a better selection. Thanks! I hope you get your other pics up soon!
I used an 8x8 album for both Autograph books. I also made an interactive Disney book for the plane in 2007 and a Disney ABC book in 2008. They are really cool too. All of them were 8x8 which I find is a good size for the kids.

I do 12x12 for their baby albums.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #162
Marshay

Updates!

So here is the start of Elizabeth's Autograph book. I changed it up so her book will actually have two (or more) characters on one page. Rachel's book has just gotten to be enormously big -- beautiful, but too big to take into the parks.

So with Elizabeth's book, I just have the sticker, space to sign and some embellishments. However, I do plan to put a very small (like 2x2") photo 'somewhere' on the page if we got a good photo to share. I"m sure she will like to see herself with the character.

I may have to only paste the photo on one side so that it can be lifted up to see the rest of the autograph underneath. I haven't started on the photo yet.

These are the pictures of the pages I took prior to our trip, so no autographs.

From bottom: Rapunzel, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty and Ariel. These are 3 dimensional stickers which Elizabeth loves to touch! I kept it simple.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #163
Marshay

From bottom:

Snow White, Belle, Pocohantas and Cinderella.

I used a shimmery yellow (not sure if you can tell in the badly lit photo-sorry!), the 3D stickers and a silver sparkly ribbon to hide where the two pages join together.

Again, a simple design but Elie liked it (and that's all that counts!)
Old 02-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #164
Marshay

The top is Flik and Atta from It's a Bug's Life and I thought this page was cute. The bottom matches up Tiana and Mulan and is my favorite Princess page for Elizabeth.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #165
Marshay

Lastly, I wanted to combine the characters for Toy Story together, since some of them sign and others do not. And I thought why not just make one big page?

Then Daisy and Donald of course had to go together on their own page.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: