Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #991
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse
Im worried sick about something....I thought mabey someone on here has been through the same thing....we usually drive to Orlando from Houston (16hrs). This year as a surprise , hubby has booked us to fly. My worry is that I wont fit in the airplane seat. I am 5/5 , 270lbs size 26/28. It would be my worst nightmare to get turned back at the gate as I know our budget dosnt allow for an extra seat, not to mention I would die of shame and embarissment. We are flying United Airlines. Would welcome any reassurance from anyone. Thanks so much in advance.
I Fly with spirit airlines and haven't had a problem. I am 5 foot, 285lbs size 26 the only thing is the seatbelt don't fit and I ask for an extension as soon as I get on and all is good. I sit beside my family too and not a stranger, which helps.
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #992
MandyTG
Mouseketeer

Hey guys! I have been to WDW several times and never had a problem on anything but next week I am going to ride somethings we have never ridden before and wanted to ask about those specific rides.
The first one is Primeval Whirl and the other is Astro Orbiter.
I am 5-9, 300 lbs, 26/28 pants.
I would appreciate any feedback!
Thanks!
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #993
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Im worried sick about something....I thought mabey someone on here has been through the same thing....we usually drive to Orlando from Houston (16hrs). This year as a surprise , hubby has booked us to fly. My worry is that I wont fit in the airplane seat. I am 5/5 , 270lbs size 26/28. It would be my worst nightmare to get turned back at the gate as I know our budget dosnt allow for an extra seat, not to mention I would die of shame and embarissment. We are flying United Airlines. Would welcome any reassurance from anyone. Thanks so much in advance.
It's really hard for me to remember about United because it's been a while since I flew them But when I flew to Orlando and back I was heavier than you are and I flew on Southwest... My suggestion would be to check seat guru.com Check the information on your particular plane which you can get from your reservation information... it should tell you the seat size.. Then check Southwest plane and compare them I don't think they're that different& I think you will be okay

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #994
MandyTG
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
I flew last summer on Delta, a total of 4 flights. I could get the seatbelt fasten on all but one and the flit attendant was so nice about giving me an extender. I am 5-9, 300 lbs, 26/28 pants. I sat in the aisle seat on all but one flight as well. I think we will have no problem if you can sit next to your husband and perhaps request the aisle. I was never asked to buy another seat. The rule was that the armrest had to go down and it did with no problem.
Enjoy your trip!
Old 01-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #995
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Being a big guy myself, I have sat on the aisle on many a flight.. a lot on Delta. Many times the armrest on the aisle actually lifts up (for wheelchair passengers to get in an out of the seat without having to fully stand.) You may have to search for the latch to release it.. it's often towards the back of the underside of the armrest, in a hole.

After the flight I have often lifted that armrest to give my pooh sized but some extra room. I've never been told to keep it down. (I always make sure it's down for take off and landing.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #996
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Thank you for the replys...I feel so much better. I will be sitting in the same row as my 10 yr old and 4 yr old. I plan to be on the aisle seat with my 4yr old in the middle so I should have a bit of room with him being so tiny. Im not worried about the extender, just if I didnt get on. Thanks again for reasurring me. The only walk of shame I had to do last year was the Harry Potter ride, I fitted on everything else. This year we wont be doing Universal so I should be fine.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #997
butterfly71076
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyTG View Post
Hey guys! I have been to WDW several times and never had a problem on anything but next week I am going to ride somethings we have never ridden before and wanted to ask about those specific rides.
The first one is Primeval Whirl and the other is Astro Orbiter.
I am 5-9, 300 lbs, 26/28 pants.
I would appreciate any feedback!
Thanks!
My DH is a bigger guy(6'3 320) and had no problem on Primeval Whirl, even with riding with our DS. They ride together on Astro Orbiter also, although he says its a bit snug.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #998
disneegrl4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly71076

My DH is a bigger guy(6'3 320) and had no problem on Primeval Whirl, even with riding with our DS. They ride together on Astro Orbiter also, although he says its a bit snug.
I think it's because your husband is really tall and probably doesn't carry his weight where average height people do so that is not typical results for most people I'm afraid

Old 01-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #999
lovemesomepooh
Want to be Disney bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles331 View Post
Haunted Mansion: I'm also 5'4, about 28/30 pants. Hearing this is terrifying. As anyone else had this problem?? This poster is the only one that I've ever heard of that got sent off for not fitting. Sounds like we have similar body shape too.

Space Mountain: Do you get stuck in it that you can't get out? I'm worried about the 30 second time limit to get out. What if I can't?? My riding partner is only 6. I don't think she'll be much help.

Dinosaur: Someone wearing a size 28 pants said they couldn't ride, because their butt wouldn't fit. First I've heard anywhere that someone didn't fit. Anyone else?

Winnie the Pooh: Not being able to fit through the honey pot door. Poster writes, "never doing that again." Why are the doors so darn small???

I want to go on all these rides. My family will too, and I have a 6 year old. I wish I could go ride everything alone first. We're leaving next Saturday.
I'm 5'6 wear a 28 and I was able to do Winnie the pooh no problem, I couldn;t fit in Dinosaur, I never tried Space mountain. I did test track too. It took abit of pushing to get seatbelt on and sitting kind of sideways. Theatre style seats were a no too.Well you can sit on the edge just wasnt comfy.

I would like to do Soarin and Haunted Manison but now I am worried

Me: 37 Fiance: 36 DD: 8 DS: 6

February 2013 POP SURPRISE TRIP for kids
January/February 2012 POP My kids FIRST trip to Disney!!!
December/January 2000-2001 off site
March 1990 off site
several other times as a child stayed off site
lovemesomepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:50 AM   #1000
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles331

Okay...sigh. I actually had a dream I got stuck in the seat on Space Mountain last night! I'm going nuts. Lol Thanks for the feedback!
I have been going back and forth between a Leslie sanders one 4 fast miles DVD and a Zumba DVD workout. I have also tried to cut my calories down to about 1400 a day. So far it is working. There is an app called myfitnesspal which you can download to your phone or iPad. It helps track your calories and weight loss. It helps remind me what I've had and keeps me on track. Good luck!
disneychic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #1001
Mom2TwinGirls01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I'm 5-10 and wear 24/26 and had no issues. I pick the window and put a kid in the center and we raise the arm rest. The only uncomfy part was if i tried to put the tray down. So i borrowed some space on kids tray.

We flew united in Dec.

Have a great trip!

Mom2TwinGirls01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:27 AM   #1002
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic33

I have been going back and forth between a Leslie sanders one 4 fast miles DVD and a Zumba DVD workout. I have also tried to cut my calories down to about 1400 a day. So far it is working. There is an app called myfitnesspal which you can download to your phone or iPad. It helps track your calories and weight loss. It helps remind me what I've had and keeps me on track. Good luck!
I've been doing this too. I've lost 60lbs since July just by my fitness pal ..exercise and monitoring caloric intake .great job

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards
Old 01-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #1003
scdak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemesomepooh View Post
I'm 5'6 wear a 28 and I was able to do Winnie the pooh no problem, I couldn;t fit in Dinosaur, I never tried Space mountain. I did test track too. It took abit of pushing to get seatbelt on and sitting kind of sideways. Theatre style seats were a no too.Well you can sit on the edge just wasnt comfy.

I would like to do Soarin and Haunted Manison but now I am worried
I ride Soarin and Haunted Mansion every trip and am 5'4, size 28 on a great day so I don't think you will have a problem.
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
WL / POFQ Fall 2014 - maybe sooner
SOONER IT IS - March 30-April 5 - offsite with family
scdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #1004
Bubbles331
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdak View Post
I ride Soarin and Haunted Mansion every trip and am 5'4, size 28 on a great day so I don't think you will have a problem.
Oh yay!!! Thanks you so much for posting! I'm leaving on Saturday, and was trying not to dwell. Have you done Space Mountain? I'm on the fence on braving that one, but super excited about everything else.
Bubbles331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #1005
disneegrl4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles331

. Have you done Space Mountain? I'm on the fence on braving that one, but super excited about everything else.
I think I have posted about space Mountain on here before I just can't remember& So here's my take on it& I lost a lot of weight since last year I lost about 60 pounds but at that point being is heavy as I was I really didn't have a lot of stamina nor did I have a lot of strength in my legs... Which is where my real issues lied& Because it is so far down to get in and out of there I was okay getting in but when I tried to get out I had a lot of problems because I just did not have the strength in my legs to pull myself out of there and you feel like you're almost laying back in the seat
... Plus because of the way that I was sitting in there the ride was so jerky it really jacked up my back& I have to say that is probably the worst ride I was on the entire trip... If you don't really have issues pulling yourself up and getting down then I don't think this is going to be a problem.. but if it is you might want to consider skipping it

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: