Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #211
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
Ok so having put on almost a stone in a month I'm wondering can I join you guys? I'm 30, had my first child last Feb and just got lazy after I had him! My goal is to lose about 12-15lbs which will bring me back to my pre-baby size (hopefully!!) I downloaded My Fitness Pal app yesterday and have been serious today about calorie counting and getting a little exercise! Hoping you guys can keep me on the straight and narrow otherwise I doubt I'll be hitting the pool in May! Any one got tips on how to stay motivated? I find I'm just so tired once DS goes to bed its not long before I follow his lead!!
Welcome-little bundles of joy take their toll on our bodies and our minds!
We are doing quite well here,supporting each other.
Just chime in at any time,if your motivation dips,and someone will keep you trucking.
Sleep is just as important as food,so if you're tired,just go with it.
Hopefully once you're eating well,and exercising you may find you feel more energized.
I've read of lots of success with my fitness pal- so go for it,and good luck.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #212
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Hi all I think I've been in denial about my weight lol for a while now!
Most people on here know I was very seriously sick but after having my 6 month post op app. im feeling much better, (well apart from the odd infection,and migraine )

Anyways I can officially now not fit in my jeans!!!
I'm 5ft tall always been slim but curvy ( 34d bust) and normally around the 8stone 6/10 lbs mark but after only eating ice-cream and surgery stuff due to opiates I've put on over a stone

I know it may not sound much but at 5ft Nothing lol it's really showing I refuse also to have to buy bigger clothes and the boys are poking my tummy and saying I got fatter! " love kids" since I can't officially plan when we go next due to posting I want to lose it incase the house sells and we go quicker or we get posted to the states this yr which is very possible

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 02:28 AM   #213
Magic Megadegs
Mouseketeer

Morning all x 2.5 pounds lost this week which is 7.5 in the past 4 weeks.

26 weeks to go
43.5 pounds to lose

Hope you have all had good weeks

Dec / Jan 1990/1991 Villa Xmas, August 1993 I Drive, November 2001 I Drive, August 2003 I Drive Honeymoon , Dec / Jan 2010/2011 Reunion Resort Xmas, August 2013 Caribe Royale & Old Key West Resort , February 2014 Holiday Inn Resort LBV
Magic Megadegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:42 AM   #214
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

That's really WELLDONE!!

Everyone here is doing amazingly well :-)
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #215
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorsdah View Post
That's really WELLDONE!!

Everyone here is doing amazingly well :-)
I second this.

Looking forward to having hips and dips rather than lumps and bumps!
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #216
pampat
Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

I'm having a dinner party tonight! However it is for the other WW clerks at my meeting. I've got a starter for 5 pts, a main for 8 pts and a dessert for 3 points. It sounds mean, but they will thank me at the scales next Wednesday!!!

Pam
pampat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #217
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampat
I'm having a dinner party tonight! However it is for the other WW clerks at my meeting. I've got a starter for 5 pts, a main for 8 pts and a dessert for 3 points. It sounds mean, but they will thank me at the scales next Wednesday!!!

Pam
Sounds interesting, what have you got?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #218
deno
EPCOT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Megadegs View Post

26 weeks to go
43.5 pounds to lose

YAY! that's a fraction short of 2lbs per week on average. WELL DONE!

Looks like the Cinammon Rolls ARE gonna be on me ;-)

deno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #219
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Megadegs

26 weeks to go
43.5 pounds to lose

Absolutely massive well done!! That is a great achievement!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #220
Magic Megadegs
Mouseketeer

Thank you all x Lots going on at the moment x Have surgery coming up in the next week ish but still not sure what they are doing as had an MRI today and meet with the consultant next week to discuss options x Hopefully the worry will burn some fat off! There has to be a silver lining!

Good luck all this week x

Dec / Jan 1990/1991 Villa Xmas, August 1993 I Drive, November 2001 I Drive, August 2003 I Drive Honeymoon , Dec / Jan 2010/2011 Reunion Resort Xmas, August 2013 Caribe Royale & Old Key West Resort , February 2014 Holiday Inn Resort LBV
Magic Megadegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #221
pampat
Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurafoster View Post
Sounds interesting, what have you got?
Sorry, thought I'd answered this yesterday. We had mushroom soufles to start on leaves, then smoked haddock with roast tomatoes and spinach (and then WW chips for those that wanted) followed by hedgerow jelly. It was all great, everyone enjoyed the food and a good time was had by all.

Pam
pampat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #222
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

So in an effort to change my life I did a 20 minute intense cardio workout mailed to me by a friend. Lets just say my legs and arms are feeling it right now! Also instead of pushing DS in his buggy I wore him in his carrier for 45 minutes doing the shopping! According to my fitness pal app that burns over 100 calories right there! I did have crappy food for dinner (chips and a chicken salad wrap with cheese) BUT I made sure to save calories throughout the day to ensure I could afford to eat the bad food I'm really liking this app!! Do you guys have a set day in the week when you weigh in or is it just whenever suits you? I weighed myself again today and no change (a few days is hardly going to make a difference I suppose) so I'm thinking maybe its best to avoid the scales all week until a certain day/time?

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #223
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom
Do you guys have a set day in the week when you weigh in or is it just whenever suits you? I weighed myself again today and no change (a few days is hardly going to make a difference I suppose) so I'm thinking maybe its best to avoid the scales all week until a certain day/time?
I've always weigh in on a Friday morning first thing before having anything to eat or drink. That way if I have a treat at the weekend at some point by weigh in I would have made up for it.

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #224
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampat

Sorry, thought I'd answered this yesterday. We had mushroom soufles to start on leaves, then smoked haddock with roast tomatoes and spinach (and then WW chips for those that wanted) followed by hedgerow jelly. It was all great, everyone enjoyed the food and a good time was had by all.

Pam
Sounds yummy! I love mushrooms so may have to try that out
Old 02-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #225
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom
So in an effort to change my life I did a 20 minute intense cardio workout mailed to me by a friend. Lets just say my legs and arms are feeling it right now! Also instead of pushing DS in his buggy I wore him in his carrier for 45 minutes doing the shopping! According to my fitness pal app that burns over 100 calories right there! I did have crappy food for dinner (chips and a chicken salad wrap with cheese) BUT I made sure to save calories throughout the day to ensure I could afford to eat the bad food I'm really liking this app!! Do you guys have a set day in the week when you weigh in or is it just whenever suits you? I weighed myself again today and no change (a few days is hardly going to make a difference I suppose) so I'm thinking maybe its best to avoid the scales all week until a certain day/time?
I weigh in on a Wednesday mostly because its what I'm used to. (My old WW class was a Weds morning). However it suits me well because personally if I weighed myself on a Friday and I'd lost a good amount of weight I wouldn't think so much about being naughty at the weekend. It's also far enough away from the weekend that if I did use my naughty points then I should have counteracted that by eating well mon and tues.

The main thing to do is to always weigh yourself at the same day and time each week, and if wearing clothes say at a meeting try and wear stuff similar eg. Not jeans that are heavier.

I personally weigh myself as soon as I wake up on a weds before ice eaten or drunk anything

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: