Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #751
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm planning all kinds of trips we won't take.
TOO funny.

And too sad that I completely understood it. Made my day.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #752
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

All caught up. I always say I am going to stay caught up but then I get busy again and I don't get in as much as I want to.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #753
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
TOO funny.

And too sad that I completely understood it. Made my day.

I planned 3 Disney Cruises last alone. It's so ridiculous.

DS asked for a DC or Disneyland for his bar ,it's ah gift, in leu of a big party and I told him cruises were too $$$ but I found a few decent ones for like $3,500 for 5 nights for the five of us. Flights into Miami aren't horrible. Hoppers to Disneyland will run me $1,500 alone but we can use DVC there. Decisions, decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
All caught up. I always say I am going to stay caught up but then I get busy again and I don't get in as much as I want to.

No worries lady, you know where to find us. How are you? I'm excited you are going in October now!
Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Disneyland pre-trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #754
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I bet Tom will have a blast. The kids will have a blast, I know mine would. It'll be the first E ticket ride of the trip.

I'm really sorry for your loss and hope the memories of her bring you and your family some comfort.
Thank you!
I think having extra grown-ups will be helpful for Tom. He gets frustrated sometimes that he doesn't get to relax when we take the kids to Disney. To me that's part of being a parent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I got two different posts for you from one of her trip reports. There are others.
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=138

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=148

I hope these give you an idea.
Can't wait to read more about the auto-train!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #755
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Its an adventure before the adventure! I wish SLC had it too. I also wish we had Happy Hour.

I looked on Amtrak's website and that is the only place they have it. They are building the high speed rail here in California some day, it really interested me until I found out what they are charging. Forget it. Cheaper to fly, much cheaper to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Thank you!
I think having extra grown-ups will be helpful for Tom. He gets frustrated sometimes that he doesn't get to relax when we take the kids to Disney. To me that's part of being a parent...

Can't wait to read more about the auto-train!

Amanda
Enjoy! She has at least one more trip report with her and her oldest daughter going on it again.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:16 AM   #756
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

I am way, way behind! But looking forward to getting caught up right now!
Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #757
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Ohhh...that Moroccan meal looks so good!!

I love that I am not the only one that plans tons of trips even if they don't always happen (sure wish they did though!).

Looking forward to your next update!
Disneyland: June '13 - Hojo's.....May '12 - BWPPI..... May ’09 - Hojo’s….Oct ‘07 – Grand Californian….Nov ‘06 – Paradise Pier.…June ’04 – Disneyland Hotel.…June ‘96 Anaheim Hilton…. July ‘95 - Carousel Inn….Aug ’92 – Carousel Inn…July ’90 - Embassy Suites…July ’89 - Anaheim Hilton…May ’88 - Penny Sleeper…May ’87 - Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 PM   #758
rentayenta

Quote:
I looked on Amtrak's website and that is the only place they have it. They are building the high speed rail here in California some day, it really interested me until I found out what they are charging. Forget it. Cheaper to fly, much cheaper to drive.

Enjoy! She has at least one more trip report with her and her oldest daughter going on it again.

What are they charging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
I am way, way behind! But looking forward to getting caught up right now!

Glad you're back. I have links in the first post if you want to skip the chatter.

Quote:
Ohhh...that Moroccan meal looks so good!!

I love that I am not the only one that plans tons of trips even if they don't always happen (sure wish they did though!).

Looking forward to your next update!

I'm working on my update right now. Hopefully I'll get it posted tonight.

The Moroccan meal was so good and exceptionally good for a CS. Big and a great value. I love sharing meals and hate to waste food.

I can't help but to plan trips all of the time. I get so many travel site emails. DH thinks I'm obsessed but if even 20% of the trips I plan/research come to fruition, I'm golden. Are you planning anything in particular right now?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:02 PM   #759
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
What are they charging?

Glad you're back. I have links in the first post if you want to skip the chatter.

I'm working on my update right now. Hopefully I'll get it posted tonight.

The Moroccan meal was so good and exceptionally good for a CS. Big and a great value. I love sharing meals and hate to waste food.

I can't help but to plan trips all of the time. I get so many travel site emails. DH thinks I'm obsessed but if even 20% of the trips I plan/research come to fruition, I'm golden. Are you planning anything in particular right now?

I read somewhere that they are going to charge $600 to $1,000 a person. That is way much more than I am willing to pay.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #760
rentayenta

Quote:
I read somewhere that they are going to charge $600 to $1,000 a person. That is way much more than I am willing to pay.

Does it take you up/down the coast? Wow, that seems expensive.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:28 PM   #761
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Does it take you up/down the coast? Wow, that seems expensive.

No it's going to go down through the central valley. Not a pretty route. It seems way pricy, they had represented it as a cheaper and quicker way to travel. Somehow that doesn't seem too cheap to me.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:27 AM   #762
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

The autotrain isn't cheap either! For 7 people + our minivan it'll be $2500 round-trip. That includes sleeper rooms so it would be cheaper if we just slept in the regular seats. But the airfare + car rental for 7 is about the same...

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #763
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
No worries lady, you know where to find us. How are you? I'm excited you are going in October now!
I am super excited to be going in Oct. too. I just wat to start to plan now. I need to get a touring plans subscription so I can start. My ADR date is April 9th.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #764
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I can't help but to plan trips all of the time. I get so many travel site emails. DH thinks I'm obsessed but if even 20% of the trips I plan/research come to fruition, I'm golden. Are you planning anything in particular right now? [/CENTER]
We are going to DL in June. I have the hotel booked but haven't gotten the airfare yet....but I have my spreadsheet set up for a month or so now! Love looking at travel spreadsheets!!

I am also planning a trip to AZ in August. That may or may not happen because I really want to go to Hawaii next January and it would probably be better to save the $$ for that! But if I can get a really good deal on airfare, I will try to get DH on board!

Also, like Cynthia, we are tentatively planning a trip to Australia in the next couple of years. Although, I hope Cynthia plans hers first....she is such an AMAZING trip planner! I have been researching and making lists of where we want to go and what we want to see. So far, I have it narrowed down to Sydney, Uluru and Port Douglas but there are several other places I would love to visit such as Kangaroo Island and Tasmania!

But to be honest, it is DS and I that really want to go to Australia. DH is really wanting to go to Switzerand. We have been once before and it was pretty amazing! So...I occasionally am checking airfare from Sea to Zurich too!

How is your anniversary trip planning going? Have you considered Brazil?

Old 02-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #765
rentayenta

Quote:
No it's going to go down through the central valley. Not a pretty route. It seems way pricy, they had represented it as a cheaper and quicker way to travel. Somehow that doesn't seem too cheap to me.
Bummer. A trip on the coast would be fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I am super excited to be going in Oct. too. I just wat to start to plan now. I need to get a touring plans subscription so I can start. My ADR date is April 9th.

What have you planned? Where are you staying? I need the details! You are going to love F&W. It's so much fun. Where are you thinking about for your ADRs? Do you have your flights?

Quote:
We are going to DL in June. I have the hotel booked but haven't gotten the airfare yet....but I have my spreadsheet set up for a month or so now! Love looking at travel spreadsheets!!

Awesome! Where are you staying? You have a spreadsheet specifically for Disneyland? Are flights expensive?

Quote:
I am also planning a trip to AZ in August. That may or may not happen because I really want to go to Hawaii next January and it would probably be better to save the $$ for that! But if I can get a really good deal on airfare, I will try to get DH on board!
What part of Arizona? August is piping hot. I'd love to go to Hawaii too, have you been? I haven't. DH lived there for 6 months and loved it.

Quote:
Also, like Cynthia, we are tentatively planning a trip to Australia in the next couple of years. Although, I hope Cynthia plans hers first....she is such an AMAZING trip planner! I have been researching and making lists of where we want to go and what we want to see. So far, I have it narrowed down to Sydney, Uluru and Port Douglas but there are several other places I would love to visit such as Kangaroo Island and Tasmania!
She is an amazing trip planner, I agree. One of my best friends went to Australia for a few weeks two NYE ago. Said it was one of the coolest places she's ever been. I'll ask where specifically she enjoyed. I know they went to Sydney and the rain forest.

Quote:
But to be honest, it is DS and I that really want to go to Australia. DH is really wanting to go to Switzerand. We have been once before and it was pretty amazing! So...I occasionally am checking airfare from Sea to Zurich too!
Wow, Switzerland! When did you go? Was it to ski? I bet its equally as gorgeous in the summer. I check airfare too for numerous places, ya know....just in case.

Quote:
How is your anniversary trip planning going? Have you considered Brazil?

Its at a total stand still. We were set on Budva, Montenegro however we can't seem to agree on when. I want summer, less stress for us to leave the kids. He wants Sept as it's less expensive. Summer is pretty outrageous. I also said I'd be great with just about anywhere but he's being the picky one. With DS's bar mitzvah in October (which I planned for) and trip in December/January (which I didn't even think about), money may also be an issue. Lack of money stops me from doing all of the cool things I plan. Of course I'm still getting my daily Kayak alerts.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: