Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #271
njtodisney
Earning My Ears

HELP!! Conflicting answers

My family and I went in October and used the military promo tickets for that trip. I can't remember if we bought 3 or 4 at the time. We decided to come back in May. I was called Disney to find out if there is a way they can look it up for us and they told me NO that they do not keep record of that. They said it is up to the base to keep track of how many tickets are purchased. I wanted to see if we could purchase the additional 2 or 3 we have left of the 6. After speaking with 5 different people at Disney, all but 1 stated I could purchase the tickets twice during the year (for a total of 12). I told them I thought that was not allowed and that I could only purchase 6 for the life of the promo. They all stated that all they know is military promo tickets can be purchased twice. Only 1 cast member stated that she thought it was only 6 for the year but that she could not find that stated anywhere. I think thats great if that is the case but I am afraid if I purchase 4 more tickets and go in May to get them validated that I will be turned away. Can you help to clarify this?
njtodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #272
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

This happened to me last year. I had purchased tickets for two different trips but couldn't remember how many, since some of us have APs and some of us used more than one ticket. I bought our military tickets for the second trip at Disney, because I didn't want to buy them at the base and then find out I'd already used my allotment. Buy them when you get there if you don't want to take a chance on being refused. You do get 6,(but the military member has to use one) so you'll be able to buy at least 2 with the military rate.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #273
mckryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njtodisney View Post
My family and I went in October and used the military promo tickets for that trip. I can't remember if we bought 3 or 4 at the time. We decided to come back in May. I was called Disney to find out if there is a way they can look it up for us and they told me NO that they do not keep record of that. They said it is up to the base to keep track of how many tickets are purchased. I wanted to see if we could purchase the additional 2 or 3 we have left of the 6. After speaking with 5 different people at Disney, all but 1 stated I could purchase the tickets twice during the year (for a total of 12). I told them I thought that was not allowed and that I could only purchase 6 for the life of the promo. They all stated that all they know is military promo tickets can be purchased twice. Only 1 cast member stated that she thought it was only 6 for the year but that she could not find that stated anywhere. I think thats great if that is the case but I am afraid if I purchase 4 more tickets and go in May to get them validated that I will be turned away. Can you help to clarify this?
Here's a link to the official Disney page on this.

In addition, the first message of this thread from Cheshire Figment also states that only a total of 6 tickets may be purchased during this promotion.
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #274
mckryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard View Post
This happened to me last year. I had purchased tickets for two different trips but couldn't remember how many, since some of us have APs and some of us used more than one ticket. I bought our military tickets for the second trip at Disney, because I didn't want to buy them at the base and then find out I'd already used my allotment. Buy them when you get there if you don't want to take a chance on being refused. You do get 6,(but the military member has to use one) so you'll be able to buy at least 2 with the military rate.
Actually, on the 2013 promotion, either the military member or spouse can use the one ticket.

No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse). Accordingly, no Eligible Service Member (or spouse) may purchase more than six Disney Military Promotional Tickets at any military sales outlet if that person (or that person's spouse) previously purchased Disney Military Promotional Tickets (whether at that same military sales outlet or at any other military sales outlet or at any other place). In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be used by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.
mckryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #275
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by njtodisney View Post
When you called Disney you got a call center. The people at the call centers do not have access to the Automated Ticketing System.

The information of how many Armed Forces Salute tickets have been activated for a particular service member is only available in ATS. You would have to go to an actual WDW ticket or Guest Relations window to find out.

If you came to my window to purchase or activate tickets the first thing I would do is look you up in the system to see if you had already activated any tickets under the current promotion. If so, I would sell/activate additional tickets so the total does not exceed six.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #276
willray411
Earning My Ears

Stars and Stripes Ticket Activation?

So I have a question that I couldn't find in this thread.

My and my wife and 2 kids (6 & 8) are going to WDW. We are staying 7 night, 6 days and POFQ. We found that it is more affordable to get the Stars and Stripes 6 day ticket, vs the 4 day discounted ticket and getting a 2 day ticket. I haven't been to disney since I was 8, my wife and kids have never been.

My question is

Where do we take the Stars and Stripes Tickets to get them "activated"?

We fly in late evening. In the morning I planned to catch the first bus to MK, then monorail to the Polynesian and walk to the SOG ticket office, then either walk to TTC or bus to the specific park we are going to, but I wasn't sure if we could go directly to our park of choice. Where do we take those tickets? I want to know where we have to go from here because I am going to have my wife take the kids and a later bus to "destination unknown". Do we have to go to the TTC? or can we take them to the park entrance and they will do everything there?

Should I just taxi from POFQ because what I'm trying to do is too complicated?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide on this!

-SSG V

-also these threads of expanded our knowledge on Disney so much it is amazing.
willray411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #277
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The S&S tickets are sold at SoG and are active when you purchase them. So when you pick them up at SoG you can go to whichever park you want and directly to the turnstiles.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs

Last edited by Cheshire Figment; 01-30-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #278
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willray411 View Post
So I have a question that I couldn't find in this thread.

My and my wife and 2 kids (6 & 8) are going to WDW. We are staying 7 night, 6 days and POFQ. We found that it is more affordable to get the Stars and Stripes 6 day ticket, vs the 4 day discounted ticket and getting a 2 day ticket. I haven't been to disney since I was 8, my wife and kids have never been.

My question is

Where do we take the Stars and Stripes Tickets to get them "activated"?

We fly in late evening. In the morning I planned to catch the first bus to MK, then monorail to the Polynesian and walk to the SOG ticket office, then either walk to TTC or bus to the specific park we are going to, but I wasn't sure if we could go directly to our park of choice. Where do we take those tickets? I want to know where we have to go from here because I am going to have my wife take the kids and a later bus to "destination unknown". Do we have to go to the TTC? or can we take them to the park entrance and they will do everything there?

Should I just taxi from POFQ because what I'm trying to do is too complicated?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide on this!

-SSG V

-also these threads of expanded our knowledge on Disney so much it is amazing.
If you're not going back to MK then I would just taxi to SOG from POFQ and then hop a bus at SOG to wherever you're going and meet your wife and kids wherever.
CR: July/Aug 2003
CSR: July 2009 (split SOG)
SOG: Dec 2006, July 2009, June 2011, Aug 2012
ASMo: May 2014
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #279
willray411
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Thanks for the help on taxi and tickets! Cuts out the unknowns when we are first there.

-SSG V
willray411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #280
JLVermillion
Food & Wine Festival 2009

My father is up in the air about coming with us this (he is one of those who is famous for canceling last last minute) and he wants to get ticket for the kids. If he purchases them ahead of time at the base will the kids still be able to use them to enter the parks without him present? DH and I have APs so no worries for us.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:58 PM   #281
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLVermillion View Post
My father is up in the air about coming with us this (he is one of those who is famous for canceling last last minute) and he wants to get ticket for the kids. If he purchases them ahead of time at the base will the kids still be able to use them to enter the parks without him present? DH and I have APs so no worries for us.
The Military Salute tickets must be activated at Disney World by the servicemember. He can't buy them on base and send them along - they won't be activated and won't work.

However, most ITT/MWR offices do sell regular MYW tickets at a discount that are ready to use - no activation required. If he buys those, they will be usable. But it won't be the same price. The Military Salute tickets are a much better deal.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #282
JLVermillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
The Military Salute tickets must be activated at Disney World by the servicemember. He can't buy them on base and send them along - they won't be activated and won't work.

However, most ITT/MWR offices do sell regular MYW tickets at a discount that are ready to use - no activation required. If he buys those, they will be usable. But it won't be the same price. The Military Salute tickets are a much better deal.
Thanks , that what I thought. I will have him check the prices on base.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #283
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Claire's right. The regular military discounted Magic Your Way tickets are nowhere near as good a deal. the Armed Forces Salute tickets are right around 50% off. While the mil MYW are 4-8% off, you are basically saving the sales tax.

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #284
emsmith
Earning My Ears

Hello All...We were planning (6 adults, 3 children) on coming the end of Oct, but DH is 100%service connected and can get military discount. I don't want to run the risk of the discount not renewing for 2013-14. It would be cheaper in the long run to book end of Sept and use military discount is what I am thinking. But other grandparent recommends the dining plan. If I book in Oct and then the discount continues can I apply military discount to that reservation?

What to do...any suggestions?
emsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #285
JLVermillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve TLT View Post
Claire's right. The regular military discounted Magic Your Way tickets are nowhere near as good a deal. the Armed Forces Salute tickets are right around 50% off. While the mil MYW are 4-8% off, you are basically saving the sales tax.
At that % rate I am better just getting them when we get there, and saving tha gas money . Our trip is November so by then they might not even have the AFS tickets any way.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: