DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #16
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey85 View Post
My wife and I are looking into joining the DVC.

Aside from the basics, like kitchens, and living areas... How does staying at the DVC compare to the deluxe resorts?

Having stayed at deluxe before but never on DVC, I just wonder if a little of the "magic" is missing. Thanks for you help

Thanks for your help
Magic missing? Nope, not IMO. The way I've been treated by CM's has been the same no matter if staying at the Deluxe or the Villas. My last Deluxe stay was last year at CR and I did get a very nice room but it was convention rate and they put you where they have openings so that was a fluke. I'll be checking into BC in a few days and then was originally going to move to BCV so I would have gotten a very good comparison but we switched to a THV so with a different resort it's not as good to compare.

You have less housekeeping but that isn't much of a factor for me. And when I've been on the hotel side I do miss the kitchen or kitchenette more than I miss housekeeping. Having laundry in the room puts it over the top for better on the villas side.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #17
BrerNashville
DIS Veteran

We have three kids, so for us there is a world of difference -- a 1BR Suite at DVC that comfortably sleeps 5 (while giving privacy to mom and dad), rather than a hotel room (some fancier than others) with a couch.
BrerNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 01:32 AM   #18
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
A BWV studio over spring break is about 18 points a night. Renting those points at $12/point, the room is around $216/night. Rack rates for the BWI room is about $500/night. So is it even possible to have $200-$300 better stuff in the BWI room as compared to the BWV room. Not in my opinion. I'd much rather take that money and do something else with it.
I would think a better comparison would be rack rate for BWV studio is about $500 a night during spring break and the room furnishings are definitely not the same quality and you only get one bed.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:59 AM   #19
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey85 View Post
My wife and I are looking into joining the DVC.

Aside from the basics, like kitchens, and living areas... How does staying at the DVC compare to the deluxe resorts?

Having stayed at deluxe before but never on DVC, I just wonder if a little of the "magic" is missing. Thanks for you help

Thanks for your help
I can't disagree with anything said. Timeshare are a COMPROMISE. You normally make a long term commitment, give up things like housekeeping and a certain level of service and accept some planning and availability limitations. They are perfect for some, horrible for others. If you consider one, including DVC, spend several months investigating so you know exactly what you're getting in to.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #20
crisi
DIS Veteran

If it were my husband and I, I'd much perfer the Deluxe side of the resort. I'm willing to pay for better furnishings, and a nicer room. (I might even stay - offsite!)

However, I'm not willing to pay for a suite on the CRO side and DVC lets me put the kids in their own bedroom.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #21
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Good Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I can't disagree with anything said. Timeshare are a COMPROMISE. spend several months investigating so you know exactly what you're getting in to.
Best Advice before making the leap

"spend several months investigating so you know exactly what
you're getting in to"

I would add to rent points at the resort you are thinking about or a few. Took us 3 years and a couple of visits to buy into DVC ownership

Last edited by disbound09; 01-30-2013 at 07:54 AM. Reason: entire quote did not come thru
disbound09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #22
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Magic missing? Nope, not IMO. The way I've been treated by CM's has been the same no matter if staying at the Deluxe or the Villas.
This has been our experience as well.

Quote:
You have less housekeeping but that isn't much of a factor for me. And when I've been on the hotel side I do miss the kitchen or kitchenette more than I miss housekeeping. Having laundry in the room puts it over the top for better on the villas side.
Again, same here. We are not park commandos so we really enjoy the extra space in the DVC 1BRs with the full kitchen, washer/dryer and the jacuzzi tub. With all the walking we do at WDW, a nice relaxing soak at the end of the day is a real treat.

For a few years we ignored DVC because I thought the last thing I would want on vacation is a kitchen/kitchenette in our room. Now we enjoy having breakfast in the room and even dinner once or twice during our stay. We can pack lighter too because I can throw in a load of laundry as needed during our stay.

ETA: When we stay in a studio, we like having a sofa in the room. It's more comfortable than sitting on the bed and the additional open floor space makes the room feel larger.

Last edited by LisaS; 01-30-2013 at 02:57 PM.
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #23
vbmom40
Mouseketeer

bump
vbmom40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: