Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #331
Coolcait1996
Earning My Ears
 
Coolcait1996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 30

I did well with my company!! I didn't eat with them but I've been eating alot more though in general and having regular bowel movements now so my digestive system is getting back on track!!
Now... The friend I was talking about KISSED ME YESTERDAY!! D:!!!! He said he's been fine and hasn't gotten sick. He saw his sick brother the first time Wednesday, and he told me he wasn't vomiting though but he had the stomach bug (other end I guess) am I gonna be okay?? If I'm gonna get sick when will it have happened? He wants me to go to his HOUSE today, do you think there is germs on the surfaces from his brother from when he was in the house??
Coolcait1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #332
acejka
DIS Veteran
 
acejka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,455

How's everyone doing lately?
__________________
Me Hubby
acejka is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #333
lukenick1
DIS Veteran
 
lukenick1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,588

HI there.....

Funny you should ask. I went to a new dentist yesterday and I was very observant of sanitation. The hygenist put a plastic sheath over the mouth piece of the xray machine with her bare hands then expected me to put my mouth on it. Of course I was too embarassed to ask for a new one, and now I am paranoid that she will give me a stomach virus. I also observed her touching random pieces of equipment in the room with her gloves on then putting her fingers in my mouth. Also, I had a filling done afterwards and the assistant put the suction tube on the handle with his bare hands then put it in my mouth during the procedure. WTH is wrong with people????? Those little things are very worrisome to me. Most other people wouldnt even pay attention to that stuff.
__________________
1995 Contemporary Resort
2005 AKL & Sheraton Vistana Resort
2006 Marriott Grand Vista
2009 Mariott Cypress Harbor
2012 AKL Villas
All thanks to my BFF!!!!!


lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #334
Sehsun
DIS Veteran
 
Sehsun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 955

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejka View Post
How's everyone doing lately?
I'm doing alright - thank you for checking in on us. This time of year brings about a little extra anxiety due to the prevalence of stomach bugs. I'm always obsessive about washing my hands and sanitizing them.

Hope everyone is doing okay!
__________________
Iris
Theme park fanatic!
Sehsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:48 AM   #335
kacaju
DIS Veteran
 
kacaju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,761

My dd is now 13..she is doing well. Her and her sister bought the movie Pitch Perfect over Christmas and we were all watching it when the one person throws up onstage. She handled that very well...did not get upset over it at all...2 years ago that would have sent her over the edge.
kacaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #336
lukenick1
DIS Veteran
 
lukenick1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacaju View Post
My dd is now 13..she is doing well. Her and her sister bought the movie Pitch Perfect over Christmas and we were all watching it when the one person throws up onstage. She handled that very well...did not get upset over it at all...2 years ago that would have sent her over the edge.
Ugh...thanks for the heads up Which scene exactly? That will send me over the edge!!
__________________
1995 Contemporary Resort
2005 AKL & Sheraton Vistana Resort
2006 Marriott Grand Vista
2009 Mariott Cypress Harbor
2012 AKL Villas
All thanks to my BFF!!!!!


lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:08 AM   #337
kacaju
DIS Veteran
 
kacaju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,761

ugh...It was a flashback from the previous year competition that they lost..I do not remember exactly where in the movie it was...more towards the beginning. We were not expecting it and it was bad for someone who has emetophobia
kacaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #338
acejka
DIS Veteran
 
acejka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,455

There was also another bad vomit scene towards the end.

I'm glad yall are doing well. I'm hanging in here. I sometimes hate living near wdw since there are so many out of town people dragging their families all around with goodness knows what germs.
__________________
Me Hubby
acejka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #339
lukenick1
DIS Veteran
 
lukenick1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejka View Post
There was also another bad vomit scene towards the end.

I'm glad yall are doing well. I'm hanging in here. I sometimes hate living near wdw since there are so many out of town people dragging their families all around with goodness knows what germs.
Can you give me clues as to when its coming? Don't want to be surprised. Thanks
__________________
1995 Contemporary Resort
2005 AKL & Sheraton Vistana Resort
2006 Marriott Grand Vista
2009 Mariott Cypress Harbor
2012 AKL Villas
All thanks to my BFF!!!!!


lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #340
janine83
Earning My Ears
 
janine83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8

So happy to know I'm not the only one with emetophobia. Didn't even know there was a name for my phobia. Thanks for this thread. I have a bad case of this phobia and it seems to get worse as I get older
janine83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:08 AM   #341
AutisticAlice
Earning My Ears
 
AutisticAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 40

I have this. It's one of my many fears. For me, it's difficult to be at a hospital around people who are throwing up. I also had a friend who had mild developmental disability that would eat too much and get sick because of it... in fact, a few of my friends were like that.

It sucks because I start to freak out over someone getting sick. One time, my cousin had this stomachache or something, she got sick and it freaked me out so much that I had a meltdown. That was the first time I realized this as a phobia.

I mean it's so bad that it's hard for me to say the words... other than 'getting sick". D: I can't even watch Family Guy because it happens so much. I was watching Soul Surfer and the girl in the movie gets sick because of her friends arm being eaten by a shark. That really got to me.

I don't panic as much as I used to, but if it happens in real life, then I do.

Also, I do panic when i get sick. I start whimpering over it. It's just... I don't know. It's hard, you know? But like most people said, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to deal with this.
__________________
"Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here. [laughs maniacally; starts to disappear] You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Cheshire Cat <3

You are free to read my story here. It's called Wish Upon a Star and it's about an autistic girl's first WDW adventure. ^_^
AutisticAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:35 AM   #342
DisneyBeth94
Disney Fanatic
 
DisneyBeth94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: England
Posts: 36

I'm so glad to find other people who hate vomit as much as I do. I am physically terrified of anything to do with it, whether its myself getting sick or seeing someone else throw-up, even just knowing that someone I know has a virus is enough to make me quarantine myself at home until the panic is over. I constantly live in fear of anyone getting sick. Its actually ruining my relationship too. Last night my fiancé was feeling a bit under the whether and I had to ask him to leave. My heart was pounding with the thought of him vomiting in front of me. I fear that this phobia is actually starting to take over my life. My family and friends don't understand it, they'll say I'm overreacting and tell me to stop being such a drama queen. They have phobias too but say that a phobia of vomit is just silly. I don't drink alcohol and always try to avoid people who are drinking it. I don't eat before bed and I constantly worry about food poisoning (bare in mind that I am very underweight and have been seeing a dietician for the past year and a half). I'm not really sure when this fear started or when it got this bad, I've had numerous tragic experiences in life that may have contributed to me being this way.

Anyway, in just over two week's I'm visiting WDW for 14 days with my fiancé for the first time. We usually visit Disneyland Paris as we live in the UK. So I just found another thread on here stating that on every trip you make to the World, you'll see someone throw up at least once. I'd never actually thought about it until this point of our countdown. We have never once seen anyone vomit in Paris (seen a small amount of vomit on the pavement exiting Space Mountain, freaked me out a little but not near as much as it would if I saw someone doing it). I've read that the Florida climate, amount of visitors at the park, the food, rides, and germs all play a part. As the park will be extremely busy the first two weeks of April I am panicking. I need someone to be honest with me and tell me whether I should prepare myself. How big of a chance is there that I'll get ill myself, see someone vomit, be vomited on? I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO BE VOMITED ON OR NEAR. It will probably scar me for life. Any advice would be great as I really want to enjoy our first trip and not ruin it for myself or fiancé!
DisneyBeth94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #343
lukenick1
DIS Veteran
 
lukenick1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBeth94 View Post
I'm so glad to find other people who hate vomit as much as I do. I am physically terrified of anything to do with it, whether its myself getting sick or seeing someone else throw-up, even just knowing that someone I know has a virus is enough to make me quarantine myself at home until the panic is over. I constantly live in fear of anyone getting sick. Its actually ruining my relationship too. Last night my fiancé was feeling a bit under the whether and I had to ask him to leave. My heart was pounding with the thought of him vomiting in front of me. I fear that this phobia is actually starting to take over my life. My family and friends don't understand it, they'll say I'm overreacting and tell me to stop being such a drama queen. They have phobias too but say that a phobia of vomit is just silly. I don't drink alcohol and always try to avoid people who are drinking it. I don't eat before bed and I constantly worry about food poisoning (bare in mind that I am very underweight and have been seeing a dietician for the past year and a half). I'm not really sure when this fear started or when it got this bad, I've had numerous tragic experiences in life that may have contributed to me being this way.

Anyway, in just over two week's I'm visiting WDW for 14 days with my fiancé for the first time. We usually visit Disneyland Paris as we live in the UK. So I just found another thread on here stating that on every trip you make to the World, you'll see someone throw up at least once. I'd never actually thought about it until this point of our countdown. We have never once seen anyone vomit in Paris (seen a small amount of vomit on the pavement exiting Space Mountain, freaked me out a little but not near as much as it would if I saw someone doing it). I've read that the Florida climate, amount of visitors at the park, the food, rides, and germs all play a part. As the park will be extremely busy the first two weeks of April I am panicking. I need someone to be honest with me and tell me whether I should prepare myself. How big of a chance is there that I'll get ill myself, see someone vomit, be vomited on? I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO BE VOMITED ON OR NEAR. It will probably scar me for life. Any advice would be great as I really want to enjoy our first trip and not ruin it for myself or fiancé!
I wouldn't worry too much, but here's what I would do. Bring some kind of mp3 player that is small enough to carry in your pocket or small bag with headphones. I usually listen to music in the bathroom so that if someone is in there getting sick I don't have to hear it. I also avoid any type of ride that could cause sickness ie. tea cups, mission space, astro orbiter, star tours, etc. Whatever you do, do NOT ever put your hands in your mouth ever! When you eat, wash your hands first, don't lick your fingers, pick your teeth, etc with your hands. The stomach bug passes person to person by mouth. You touch something they touched then put your hands in your mouth. Do NOT ever use the ice bucket in a hotel room (unless there is a plastic bag you could cover it with), if someone has a sick child during vacation that ice bucket makes a great "barf bucket". Ewwwww These are just some of the tips I can offer you to steer clear from it. It's not very common to come across it. I have been to Disney 6 times since 2005 and have never seen it happen once while there. I'm jealous, have a great time!!!!
__________________
1995 Contemporary Resort
2005 AKL & Sheraton Vistana Resort
2006 Marriott Grand Vista
2009 Mariott Cypress Harbor
2012 AKL Villas
All thanks to my BFF!!!!!


lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #344
DisneyBeth94
Disney Fanatic
 
DisneyBeth94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: England
Posts: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukenick1 View Post
I wouldn't worry too much, but here's what I would do. Bring some kind of mp3 player that is small enough to carry in your pocket or small bag with headphones. I usually listen to music in the bathroom so that if someone is in there getting sick I don't have to hear it. I also avoid any type of ride that could cause sickness ie. tea cups, mission space, astro orbiter, star tours, etc. Whatever you do, do NOT ever put your hands in your mouth ever! When you eat, wash your hands first, don't lick your fingers, pick your teeth, etc with your hands. The stomach bug passes person to person by mouth. You touch something they touched then put your hands in your mouth. Do NOT ever use the ice bucket in a hotel room (unless there is a plastic bag you could cover it with), if someone has a sick child during vacation that ice bucket makes a great "barf bucket". Ewwwww These are just some of the tips I can offer you to steer clear from it. It's not very common to come across it. I have been to Disney 6 times since 2005 and have never seen it happen once while there. I'm jealous, have a great time!!!!
I think my main concern is the Norovirus outbreak. I will definitely take your advice. One of the main factors exciting me about the trip are the rides, I love roller-coasters and really want to go on all of the thrill rides. But I'm now having second thoughts. The thought of someone throwing up on the ride and it landing on me scares me to death. I rarely get sick on rides or at all for that matter, but my fiancé gets quite bad motion sickness. We've purchased some anti-nausea and travel sickness medication and also motion sickness wrist bands in hope that they'll help. Also I plan on buying some anti-viral hand sanitizers just in case. Thanks for the advice. Hopefully neither of us get sick or have any unpleasant encounters.
__________________

Previous trips:
DLP - February 2012 - 7N//8D DLP - July 2012 - 6N//7D WDW - April 2013 - 7N//8D (AoA) WDW - April 2013 - 7N//8D (Pop) DLP - July/August 2013 - 4N//5D
Upcoming:
DLP Christmas - December 2013/January 2014 - 3N//4D (DLH) - 5N//6D (SL)
DisneyBeth94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #345
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran
 
StitchesGr8Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,456

I've been 10 times, and only saw someone get sick once. He was very far away from me in line for a bus.

Don't avoid rides because you are afraid you or someone will get sick. You will regret it.

Try "worst-case scenario" thinking. What is the worst that could happen? I use it to reign in my out of control thinking and it helps me. So I throw up in public? I won't die. It's a natural thing. The worst that can happen is they call an ambulance and take me to the hospital. The more likely thing is I sit on a bench and Disney cleans it up. Looking at it rationally has helped me move past my fear, especially during pregnancy.

And when you get home, start looking for help. This is NOT something you have to fight the rest if your life.
__________________
'86-offsite, '91-Buena Vista Palace, '92-offsite, '97-offsite, '98-Magic Music Days, '06-ASMu, '07-FtW, '09-ASMu,'10-POR,'12-Poly (Honeymoon!)
StitchesGr8Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: