Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #271
chris&wendy
Earning My Ears

Hi Lindsay! Congratulations! We'll be wedding day sisters

Our wedding is planned and booked for the Swan & Dolphin on the 25th at 11:00 AM!
chris&wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #272
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTinlove View Post
Hey girl! I just wanted to drop by and say I love everythingggg about this wedding! DF and I were thinking about doing our engagement photos at Port Orleans as well, since we went to school and met in NOLA. Can't wait to hear more updates, and I'm super excited for you! Congrats on everything!!
Thank you so much! I am so glad you like everything. If you do end up doing your photos at POR you will NOT regret it! There are just so many different, beautiful spots. If you can't tell, I am now very attached to that resort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris&wendy View Post
Hi Lindsay! Congratulations! We'll be wedding day sisters

Our wedding is planned and booked for the Swan & Dolphin on the 25th at 11:00 AM!
Aw, yay! I think you might be my first twin! That's so exciting! Maybe we'll see each other around somewhere.

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #273
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Catch-Update

Now that I am done with writing that incredibly long dress shopping report, I want to catch you all up on wedding things that have happened since the dress weekend. There's a lot, so here goes!

- Bridesmaids dresses have been ordered. We had to rush because they were being discontinued within like a month from when we chose them. My MOH, Courtney, is amazing and gathered all the girls' measurements and info and got the dresses ordered right in time. Love her! Oh, and because we ordered 7 dresses, all of my alterations are free!

- When we placed the order for my dress we also picked out a crystal headband for me to wear. It kind of gives that princessy feel without actually wearing a tiara. If you've seen the pictures of my dress, I'm wearing the headband. It's lovely! With the headband and the illusion neckline of my dress I've decided that my wedding hairstyle will have to be an updo. Not a way-updo but something so that my hair doesn't cover my chest and back and the lace illusion detail on the dress. I need to do some research for hair inspiration soon. Stay tuned for that in the future!

- We haven't gone back yet to try the ivory sample of my dress because it isn't in yet. I actually need to email them to check on that. I'm antsy to see it in white!

- Our guest list has grown a bit and it looks like our guest count is going to be more like 120. Because of this, we had to crunch some budget numbers and Ryan and I have decided to save more to be able to contribute. I'm alright with this because it's very important to me that the people we really want to be there are able to come.

- We completed and sent in the room block. This was interesting but ended up not being so bad. I did have to write it out in some sort of chart to make it make sense in my head to do the math, though. We just asked everyone in immediate family and the wedding party to estimate how long theyíd be staying and went from there. We only included 30 nights which I think/hope shouldnít be a problem to reach.

- After we sent in the questionnaire and room block we received our LOA. For some reason I always imagined the LOA being short. Like a letter. But I was wrong! My best advice is, even if you think you already know everything, definitely read through the whole agreement. Upon reading through ours I found out that we are no longer able to use an outside florist other than for personal floral at our vacations. I think you could do some things outside but other things had to be through Disney and I just didnít want the hassle of 2 florists so I had to give up the lovely outside florist we had found. I was a little upset at first but now I am really fine with it. I know Disney will do a beautiful job, I just think the outside florist may have been a little bit easier to work with. Oh, well!

- DIYs: We started trying out some mercury glass techniques. We want to do a bunch of mercury glass votives (with fake candles, of course) and also mercury glass floral containers. More about that later. Iíll post pictures when we have more finished so you can see what Iím thinking. I just love the look of mercury glass and itís perfect to pull in our pewter color.

- Diane (our consultant) received and processed our LOA and room block and sent us our AP vouchers! So excited!!! Weíll be activating those soon. More on that later!

- We received our PLANNER! Yay! I got a call from Diane Bowen (yes, another Diane!) who will be our planner and I have also been in contact with her assistant, Jessica. So far they have been fantastic and have always responded to me in a timely manner. Loving them so far!

- We also received our planning kit which, honestly, I have looked at but I am not touching that for a bit. We have a few other things that are a bit more pressing to take care of now and that thing is a big undertaking!

- Finally, we found the brooches we want sewn into the waistline of the bridesmaids and also bracelets for each bridesmaid. I will post pictures of those soon!

Ok, so thatís everything that happened during my hiatus. Of course, in the time it took me to write this even more has happened so be expecting another update very shortly! Love you all for reading!

Old 01-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #274
rachaelk101
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancr06 View Post
Now that I am done with writing that incredibly long dress shopping report, I want to catch you all up on wedding things that have happened since the dress weekend. There's a lot, so here goes!

- Bridesmaids dresses have been ordered. We had to rush because they were being discontinued within like a month from when we chose them. My MOH, Courtney, is amazing and gathered all the girls' measurements and info and got the dresses ordered right in time. Love her! Oh, and because we ordered 7 dresses, all of my alterations are free!

- When we placed the order for my dress we also picked out a crystal headband for me to wear. It kind of gives that princessy feel without actually wearing a tiara. If you've seen the pictures of my dress, I'm wearing the headband. It's lovely! With the headband and the illusion neckline of my dress I've decided that my wedding hairstyle will have to be an updo. Not a way-updo but something so that my hair doesn't cover my chest and back and the lace illusion detail on the dress. I need to do some research for hair inspiration soon. Stay tuned for that in the future!

- We haven't gone back yet to try the ivory sample of my dress because it isn't in yet. I actually need to email them to check on that. I'm antsy to see it in white!

- Our guest list has grown a bit and it looks like our guest count is going to be more like 120. Because of this, we had to crunch some budget numbers and Ryan and I have decided to save more to be able to contribute. I'm alright with this because it's very important to me that the people we really want to be there are able to come.

- We completed and sent in the room block. This was interesting but ended up not being so bad. I did have to write it out in some sort of chart to make it make sense in my head to do the math, though. We just asked everyone in immediate family and the wedding party to estimate how long theyíd be staying and went from there. We only included 30 nights which I think/hope shouldnít be a problem to reach.

- After we sent in the questionnaire and room block we received our LOA. For some reason I always imagined the LOA being short. Like a letter. But I was wrong! My best advice is, even if you think you already know everything, definitely read through the whole agreement. Upon reading through ours I found out that we are no longer able to use an outside florist other than for personal floral at our vacations. I think you could do some things outside but other things had to be through Disney and I just didnít want the hassle of 2 florists so I had to give up the lovely outside florist we had found. I was a little upset at first but now I am really fine with it. I know Disney will do a beautiful job, I just think the outside florist may have been a little bit easier to work with. Oh, well!

- DIYs: We started trying out some mercury glass techniques. We want to do a bunch of mercury glass votives (with fake candles, of course) and also mercury glass floral containers. More about that later. Iíll post pictures when we have more finished so you can see what Iím thinking. I just love the look of mercury glass and itís perfect to pull in our pewter color.

- Diane (our consultant) received and processed our LOA and room block and sent us our AP vouchers! So excited!!! Weíll be activating those soon. More on that later!

- We received our PLANNER! Yay! I got a call from Diane Bowen (yes, another Diane!) who will be our planner and I have also been in contact with her assistant, Jessica. So far they have been fantastic and have always responded to me in a timely manner. Loving them so far!

- We also received our planning kit which, honestly, I have looked at but I am not touching that for a bit. We have a few other things that are a bit more pressing to take care of now and that thing is a big undertaking!

- Finally, we found the brooches we want sewn into the waistline of the bridesmaids and also bracelets for each bridesmaid. I will post pictures of those soon!

Ok, so thatís everything that happened during my hiatus. Of course, in the time it took me to write this even more has happened so be expecting another update very shortly! Love you all for reading!

Wow seems like you got a lot done! I am having my wedding just a few weeks before yours (10-7-13) so I will be following along! I'm excited to see how your planning comes along!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #275
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Your shopping report was great! It looked like your all had a lot of fun. I'm glad you're finding a way to save to have everyone you want at the wedding there. And I love mercury candles! They will look great in a wedding.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:39 AM   #276
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Wow, great update....love the bridesmaids' dresses!

Looks like you got quite a bit done! The mercury glass votives sound interesting....I look forward to seeing those.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #277
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelk101 View Post
Wow seems like you got a lot done! I am having my wedding just a few weeks before yours (10-7-13) so I will be following along! I'm excited to see how your planning comes along!
Thanks for following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
Your shopping report was great! It looked like your all had a lot of fun. I'm glad you're finding a way to save to have everyone you want at the wedding there. And I love mercury candles! They will look great in a wedding.
Thank you! I love the mercury glass, too! Not gonna lie, Pinterest has been my inspiration on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl76 View Post
Wow, great update....love the bridesmaids' dresses!

Looks like you got quite a bit done! The mercury glass votives sound interesting....I look forward to seeing those.
Thanks! We've definitely gotten a lot done and even more in the works. All of a sudden this wedding thing is actually happening!

I'll make sure to post pics of the mercury glass stuff as soon as I get my dad to get around to working more on them.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #278
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Thumbs down

Hi, everyone! Time for another update!

A lot more has happened since the last time I posted so I am going to try the listing method again like last time. Let's see...

- A while back we purchased the brooches to be sewn into the waistline of the bridesmaids' dresses. They are bow shapes and very sparkly! My dress will have crystal detail at the wasitline as well so this will help to tie the girls' dresses in with mine. The picture doesn't do the brooch justice but it gives you the general idea. Here is one:

- Also in the category of things for the bridesmaids, I am going to be putting together a gift bag for each of them so I need to start gathering the things I want to go in them. I found some very cute pewter, damask tote bags that we will have embroidered with each girl's monogram in blush. The first thing I knew I wanted to give each girl was a bracelet to wear on the day of the wedding. I wanted something not too small to be unnoticeable but not too big to be gaudy. I thought the search would go on for longer than a day but I found what I wanted right away! I found these beautiful, blush crystal braceletes that are the exact size I wanted. I love them!

Again, I really don't think this picture does the bracelets justice. The crystals catch light in such a beautiful way and the color is just perfect. They were also a good price!

- We have officially booked the wedding with Regina! Regina put together an amazing, custom package for us that will get us 2 photographers (Regina and an assistant, of course) for 8 hours! I am beyond excited about this and just know that are wedding photos are in such good hands! I also need to put together a list of our favorite engagement photos to send to Regina since she is getting ready to create the guest book that was a part of our engagement photo package.

- I've made a lot of progress with our wedding website. This was a much bigger undertaking than I thought it would be! I just want to make sure our guests have all the information presented in an easy to understand way. I really like the website we've chosen to use. It's called Glosite and we will also be doing online RSVPs through it. I have been to a few weddings now with online RSVP and I think it is much easier and very convenient. It also gets people to your wedding website so they will actually look at all the other info! Like where we need them to stay!!! You can also track your entire guest list and even keep note of when you've received gifts and sent thank you notes! It is a very cool website.

If you're curious, feel free to check it out. It's still a work in progress but I am proud of it!

Lindsay & Ryan Once Upon a Dream

- We’ve narrowed our choices for rehearsal dinners down to 3. It’s really more like 2 though because the last one is a very distant third. We’ll be choosing between doing a catered dinner in the GF marina or Sago Cay (hopefully during wishes!), reserving a room for dinner at Boatwright’s followed by seeing Yeeha Bob, and (our distant third) a special event dinner at Portobello’s in Downtown Disney. We’ll be discussing our options with DF’s parents to make the final decision. I think I’ll do a full post on our choices later to gather my thoughts.

- We’ve been kind of stalling on the DIYs but sometime this weekend we are going to take a day to try things out. I have a lot of DIY things that I would like to do so we really need a sort of testing day. I’ll do a post on all of our DIY ideas, too.

- Here’s a big one. We’ve found our invitations!!! I found them through an Etsy shop called InkandLove after lots and lots of research. If you can’t tell, I am a lover of lace and this invite actually has real lace on the cover and a lace pocket! I love it! We had the seller make up a sample after we made some adjustments to the original and had her do the paper in pewter and the lace in blush. I really love how it turned out! Obviously, the names and wording are not ours but here it is!

I really, really love them so now we just have to get the wording for everything to her and get the full order placed! We decided to skip Save the Dates and just send out our invites at 6 months so that everyone has all the info they need way out and can make travel plans and such.

- We officially have TWO, count em, TWO Disney trips planned for the coming months! Both are short and sweet but that’s how my trips usually are so I’m super excited to have 2 coming up!

The first one will be for 3 days in February for the Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend. If you guys remember, I signed up for the race a while back and have been training for the 13.1 miles. I am nervous but even more excited to do it! I will be doing some trip planning on my new blog so I don’t have to clog up my PJ with it so please, check it out and tell me what you think about the plans once they’re posted!

The Half Marathon trip will have a bit of wedding related stuff going on. It will be a girls trip with my mom, her friend, and I. Since my mom will be with me and she has never seen our wedding venues I really wanted to get a chance to show her the WP and the GF ballrooms. She’s never even been to GF so I am so excited for her to love it as much as I do! I emailed our planner about possible being able to see the venues. I said I would understand if we couldn’t due to weekend weddings but I just really didn’t want to head all the way over there on our own and then not be able to see anything. Well, Jessica, our planner’s assistant got right back to me and said it was no problem at all for us to look around! She asked that I email her a day or two before we come and she will tell us the time slots for when we will be able to get inside the venues and look around. I love her! She really is great and has been a pleasure to work with so far.

The second trip will be from May 3rd to May 5th with DF, my mom, my dad, and myself for our planning session and menu tasting!!! Yes, we finally have a date! I’ll do another post on that as well since it is obviously wedding related but will also do some planning on the new blog. I’ll let you know once it’s up!

Since we already received our AP vouchers, of course, we will be doing the parks on both trips. So excited!!!

-Not wedding related but I wanted to let you all know that I started a blog! I have really enjoyed writing this PJ so far so I thought it would be something I would enjoy. I’ll be writing about lots of Disney things but also all kinds of other stuff so please stop by and comment if you want! I would love to follow any of your blogs as well! You will notice a heavily Disney-inspired title. Here’s the link Second Star to the Right.

That's all for now. Thank you for reading another huge update! You all are lovely!

Last edited by tinydancr06; 01-25-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #279
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Ooh, I love love love the invitations! They are so pretty! Good luck in the run. I'm super jealous that you get two trips. I won't be down there until my wedding, which is still over a year away. I bet your mother will love seeing the venues. It will be a special moment for you two. The brooch and bracelet are also super cute
Old 01-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #280
redlight
DIS Veteran

Good luck with the half marathon. I have to get back to running shape myself.

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #281
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Yay for the Princess Half! I'm doing it too! Are you dressing up?
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #282
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight
Good luck with the half marathon. I have to get back to running shape myself.
Thank you! It's so hard to get back into it but so worth it

Old 01-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #283
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream
Ooh, I love love love the invitations! They are so pretty! Good luck in the run. I'm super jealous that you get two trips. I won't be down there until my wedding, which is still over a year away. I bet your mother will love seeing the venues. It will be a special moment for you two. The brooch and bracelet are also super cute
Thank you! I'm so glad you like the invites! And thanks about the race, I'm so glad it gives me an excuse to take 2 trips Your wedding will come faster than you know it!

I really hope my mom loves seeing the venues. I think it will be special too!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #284
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211
Yay for the Princess Half! I'm doing it too! Are you dressing up?
Yay! I'll be wearing an aurora inspired tutu with my sleeping beauty tiara I'm interested to see what running in a tutu will be like lol Excited you're running, too! Will you be dressed up?

Old 01-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #285
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancr06 View Post
Yay! I'll be wearing an aurora inspired tutu with my sleeping beauty tiara I'm interested to see what running in a tutu will be like lol Excited you're running, too! Will you be dressed up?
I've run a 5k in a tutu and it wasn't bad..its my backup plan right now. I'm going as Belle..I got a gold top and skirt from runningskirts but am not a fan of the top and need to order up a size on the skirt...so I ordered a different outfit from ImpactFitness but its called "banana" and might be too light of a yellow. We'll see. SparkleSkirts is supposed to make a Belle skirt layover and that's what I'm planning on getting for now, but if not then there's a Belle tutu on etsy that I want.
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: