Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #76
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Happy Hunger Games!

One wild trip through the wilderness and we were set to travel to tomorrowland. As we were making our way there I facetimed my friend Marisa for a couple minutes until the wifi started acting up.

After walking to the other side of the park we decided to hit up the one way people mover. Mr. Morrow Mr. Tom Morrow!!!

Then it was time to take a journey through space

Then it was time to leave the park since it was close to midnight and soon the park was going to be closing. Brittany ran ahead of the group to take some, more like a lot of photos of the main street fall décor.

I cannot even describe how much I love the Magic Kingdom. That feeling you get when your walking down main street and that feeling when you leave the park at night. I just soak up the lit up main street with the music playing in the background. I miss it so much!

GOODBYE MAGIC KINGDOM SEE YOU REAL SOON!

We hopped on the monorail and made our way around the loop. During this time I caught up on my twitter stalking. During this time I found a phone number for the hunger games. Yes I am a huge Hunger Games fan!

Soon we arrived at the classiest resort on property and it was time to hit the hay! Goodnight and sweet dreams from the Gflo

When we arrived back to our room this is what we returned to

Turn down service, it so nice! I love the little Gflo chocolates we got. We pretty much stocked up on those things and I brought them home for my family because we got that many!

Thank you Ashley you are way to kind!

While we waited for the shower, we called the hunger games. Effie Trinket answered and thanked us for tributing for the hunger games, at this point I was already freaking out. So Brittany went first, the whole thing is recorded so you just listen to your story about your hunger game.
Brittany was going strong until she hid out in a cave where someone found her and smashed her skull and killed her…..ohhhh
Next it was Alicia’s turn, she was the silly tribute who ran to the cornucopia and was killed.
My turn, I was going strong until I got hungry and ate berries and died. Nooo! I know never to eat nightlock, that’s poisonous berries and you will die!

After the excitement it was time to get some sleep oh wait no not yet. Brittany showered quick, then it was chelsea’s turn she took forever! I ended up falling asleep but she was kind enough to wake me up so I could shower. Boom I was in and out. At that time Brittany woke up and asked me what chelsea was doing and if I showered yet. I did and I had no clue what Chelsea was doing but she had all the lights on. Brittany then turned all the lights off, sorry Chelsea we are trying to sleep.

My head hit the pillow and I was out like a light!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #77
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Last Full Day...

This morning was our last full day in Disney. We decided it would be nice to catch up on a little extra sleep so that being said we slept in till 8 and planned on making it to the MK by 9. 5 people getting ready and moving can be a little tricky but we always seemed to make it work.

Alicia’s friend Keirsten and Primo were waiting in the lobby because they would be spending the day with Alicia and Andy. Soon we were going on the monorail headed to the Magic Kingdom.

When we arrived we noticed that we missed the morning show. Boo! So we walked down Main Street where we all went our separate ways.

Brittany Chelsea and I went to the Main Street Bakery where Brittany and Chelsea got some breakfast.

What did they get for breakfast? Everyone’s favorite, the Cinnamon Roll!

We got a seat right by the mirrors so of course before we left we had to take a picture

After they finished up there breakfast we said goodbye to the MK and hopped on the monorail. Yes we came into MK just to get breakfast! Well actually I went into the MK to watch my friends have breakfast.

After a quick little ride on the highway in the sky we at our destination. Hello Beautiful!

Our main mission was to head over to the land and get fastpasses for Soarin, I was booking it! Mostly because the park has been open for a good hour and we wanted to get a good time slot.

After we got our fastpasses we took a nice stroll to the other side of the park to Mission Space. Brittany only went on this one time, she wasn’t sure if she would be able to handle the orange side but with some encouragement from Chelsea and I she decided she would try it! Yayyy!

After watching the first movie then nerves were kicking in!

We took our mission to Mars and Brittany made it in one piece! Not so bad, don’t get yourself worked up for nothing.
Onto the next thing! Since we really didn’t have a plan for today we decided to take a stroll where we ended up going into the festival pavilion.

Walking into the pavilion brought back many memories as a child. How I miss body wars and Cranium Command! For the food and wine festival they have different workshop things set up and merchandise you can buy.

We decided to check out what Ghirardelli has to offer. They had a nice display of disney scenes made out of Chocolate.

I thought it was pretty cool. And to make it even better we got a free piece of chocolate!

After browsing the pavilion we said goodbye. Since we were over by the Universe of Energy we decided that we would go take a visit to see Ellen and Bill Nye the Science Guy!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #78
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Well, the cinnamon rolls from the Main Street Bakery are TOTALLY worth a trip into the MK!! I don't know so much about watching other people eat them, but maybe just the smell let you taste them by osmosis.

Yay for free chocolate!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #79
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Well, the cinnamon rolls from the Main Street Bakery are TOTALLY worth a trip into the MK!! I don't know so much about watching other people eat them, but maybe just the smell let you taste them by osmosis.

Yay for free chocolate!
If only I didn't eat my normal poptart breakfast...I would have been chowing down on a cinnamon roll also!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #80
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Alicia and Friends!

(I may be making up this whole story! Since you know I was hanging out at Epcot and was not with them…)

So when we split up in the morning Alicia and friends went over to Space Mountain and grabbed some fastpasses.

They went on a mission through space and then went over to max out their shooters on Buzz lightyear spin. Which happens to be Alicia’s most favorite ride in the whole world!

After fighting Zurg I assumed that they went over to frontierland to go on the wildest ride in the wilderness!

All the fun and excitement made them hungry, so they were off to find some delicious disney food. What caught their eye? Sleepy hollow, to get some waffle sandwiches, I’m real glad with there purchase! I had the fruit and nutella one back in May and fell in love with it.

Alicia and Andy did not eat at sleepy hollow and instead met up with us for lunch. That being said they said goodbye to Keirsten and Primo for now, and made their way to the highway in the sky!

Casually just waiting for the monorail.

While Alicia and Andy were on the monorail making their way to epcot, Chelsea Brittany and I just finished our ride on Universe of Energy and headed to my favorite place ever to eat in epcot.

SUNSHINE SEASONS! I order my usual here, the land grown casear salad. I don’t know why I love it but I do and it’s a must eat on a Disney vacation. While in the Land Pavilion I sent a picture of the Land to my mother because she loves that ride and also my friend Marisa. In which both responded with (I kid you not) you better be getting that casear salad they both share the same love for it.

There was no joking around, I need my salad. At this point both Brittany and Chelsea decided not to get lunch because they just ate at the bakery not that long ago. So this time around it was there turn to watch me eat.

So I ate this backwards and started with the dessert first, since I didn’t want my mickey premium bar to melt that would not be good. When I did eat my salad it was like heaven on a plate. Funny thing is, is I don’t eat the chicken I maybe eat on piece but that’s it.

As a was chowing down Alicia and Andy found us and got some food for themselves. Sadly I did not get a picture of their food, I don’t know how I missed this!

All I remember is that Alicia got the banana cake which reminded us of the banana cookies our gramma use to make. While they were eating Andy was starting to slow down but Alicia took right on over for him to make sure nothing went to waste. Bobby would be so proud!

As Alicia and Andy finished up Chelsea Brittany and I decided to go use our fastpasses for soarin.

We are clear for take-off!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #81
khertz

Great updates! Those pics they took on BTMRR are so great. And LOVE the Buzz Lightyear T-shirt, that is pure awesomeness.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #82
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Great updates! Those pics they took on BTMRR are so great. And LOVE the Buzz Lightyear T-shirt, that is pure awesomeness.
Thank You!
I need to get a buzz shirt in my collection of Disney clothing!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #83
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Food & Wine Festival!

After our tour of California it was time for the 5 of us to head off to the food and wine festival. We started at Mexico and made our way around the showcase. It was probably one of the hottest days on our trip, which always happens when I try to walk to world showcase. In the mexico pavilion I grabbed myself a perry which turned into a great fan!

We went to my favorite pavilion Norway or what I like to call it Norvayyyy! We decided to grab some Maelstrom fps because it was quite busy. We then made our way to China were Brittany got some lunch. Alas once again I forgot to take a food picture. While she was eating I was taking some artsy photos

We also made a game plan, I knew I was going to try at least one thing offered at F&W. Alicia told me I should try the steak at Africa, she loved it when she came with her roommates and she doesn’t even like steak!

After Britt finished we were on our way to Africa! I used one snack credit for my steak and mashed sweet potatoes. Sooo good!

While I ate we checked out the 30th anniversary pavilion shirts. I wanted all of them!
Since we are all wimps we decided to head back to Norway and call it a day.

Off to Maelstrom! I was forced to look at the eye, I mean I just can’t look away!!!
After we arrived back safely we unloaded the boat and noticed that the show was actually going to be showing. This was not on our things to do so we quickly ran across the back to the exit before the shut the door. After we made it out, me and Brittany both shared the same thought about cute all the Norwegian cast members were!

I finally bought my NORVAY shirt! Which was such a good purchase because the material is so nice and comfy I love it.

We decided to leave the world showcase and head over to Mouse Gears because I needed to purchase some things for my family. Overall I found something for everyone except my mother…of course!

Once we all purchased our merchandise we were off to catch a monorail back to the GFLO.

After our YOLO trip in May these 3 became best friends

Once we made it back to the resort we decided we had some time to swim before we had to get ready for dinner. The one thing that makes me sad about the pool was the fact that the beach area was blocked off for construction of the new DVC building.

We spent a good 20-30 minutes in the pool then it was time to get ready for our long night ahead of us.

Alicia and Andy were eating at the rainforest this night because there reservations were all messed up after her audition and they had to change things around. They took a bus to Animal Kingdom.

Looks like Andy made a new friend

There overall experience here was not good. Alicia told me how the food wasn’t good and she was disappointed that this was their last dinner of the trip.

While they were going to their dinner, the 3 of us were heading to ours. We were eating at my favorite resort on property and one of my favorite places to eat at ever! So I was pretty excited to eat here.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #84
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Off To Dinner We Go

While I waited for my friends to get ready I decided to wait for them on the couch in the main foyer. Oh hey Brittany!

Soon Chelsea and Brittany were ready, lets go eat! Brittany made me stop to take a photo of my toy story get up. From this photo you may be able to see that I love toy story.

Then we were off to catch a monorail to take us to the Magic Kingdom.

Our last night in Disney, lets make it a good one!

Brittany decided to take photos of the Gflo while we still were able to call it home.

As we waited for a monorail Brittany once again decided to take over the job as the photographer.

Um excuse me but I am tweeting a secret message!

Best friends!!!!

our highway in the Sky came to take us to the Magic Kingdom, to bad we weren’t going there just yet.

And that’s when our monorail stopped for a good 10 minutes, no big not like we have a dinner to get to.

Soon we started back on track and pulled into the monorail station at the Magic Kingdom. On our way down the ramp our excitement grew into sadness.
Its your last day in Disney how are you feeling?!

Why hello Magic Kingdom you are looking beautiful tonight, I shall see you later tonight! I’ve got to go get me some grub to keep me energized for the long night ahead of us.

With in seconds we were at the boat dock…which way are we going to go?

Like I said earlier we were eating at my favorite resort on Disney property! Wilderness Lodge

While waiting for a boat to take us over there was a family who were in front of us. They seemed to be new to the whole dining thing because they were freaking out about missing their dinner reservations. The wife told her husband to call the restaurant that they might be 5 minutes late. 5 Minutes is acceptable, we’ve been late to a lot of our meals this trip.

We waited probably 5-10 minutes for a boat to arrive. Brittany snapped a picture before we headed out to the front, because lets be real sitting outside is the best choice on the boats.

Soon we were off!

Next thing you know we were arriving at the most beautiful lodge on Disney property!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #85
BarbieTourGuide
Fabulous Disney Lover ♥

Hi! I just finished catching up on this trip report and it is amazing! Now I can't wait for my trip this year!
By the way, I absolutely love your TOMS! TOMS are some of my favorite shoes and Disney themed makes them even better!

"All Dreams Can Come True If We Have The Courage To Pursue Them!" - Walt Disney

Ohana Means Family! -Lilo & Stitch

Holley Shiftwell Fan Forever!

I love Pin Trading!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #86
khertz

I had to at your Toy Story outfit!! So cute!

Isn't it so hard to get off the monorail at MK and not go inside?! It's like there's some kind of magnetic pull coming from there. But, gotta have sustenance first before attacking the park!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #87
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbieTourGuide View Post
Hi! I just finished catching up on this trip report and it is amazing! Now I can't wait for my trip this year!
By the way, I absolutely love your TOMS! TOMS are some of my favorite shoes and Disney themed makes them even better!
Thank you so much, it really means a lot that you enjoyed it! When are you going?!
Thank you, thank you. My sister first got a pair of Disney toms but after the price she paid for them I opted for painting my own in hopes that they didn't turn out horrible.

Quote:
I had to at your Toy Story outfit!! So cute!

Isn't it so hard to get off the monorail at MK and not go inside?! It's like there's some kind of magnetic pull coming from there. But, gotta have sustenance first before attacking the park!
What can I say I'm a Toy Story FREAK!
Not going to Magic Kingdom is always sad when you're that close. The music and the atmosphere just draws you in. It was a good thing that I was hungry!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #88
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

What Is This?!

We arrived to the Wilderness lodge dock, I was so excited to be back. First we took in the beautiful of this place.

Taking in all the beauty made me hungry, so in we went….to whispering canyons we go!

I can’t even handle all the beauty!

I think I love it so much because it is my peoples (native American) place!

I checked us in and got a buzzer, we sat and waited in the lobby. Right when we sat down our buzzer when off, time to eat!

Now before I do my review I knew a couple weeks before we left that they changed their menu. I was not a fan of them changing it since I loved the steak but I decided to try it out since Brittany was looking forward to the skillet.

I have also been talking about this meal non stop, and how fun the restaurant is. I told Brittany about the hokey pokey, pony races, “we need ketchup” and all that jazz.

We were seated in the middle of the room, our waitress was nice and explained the whole menu

As we waited I was singing a nice little song to my friends for entertainment. While in the middle of my song one table screamed we need ketchup. (it was caught on film and can be seen in the trip video)

First we started with drinks, we all got milkshakes. I was really sad to see that they didn’t have the cotton candy anymore. I was obsessed with that milkshake! It was so good. Since they didn’t have that I ended up going with the strawberry. It was good just not the cotton candy.

Brittany got chocolate and Chelsea got the carmel

Next came out some corn bread, you can just pass me that whole loaf because I have an obsession with corn bread. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

During this dinner you get to choose 3 main meats that you want to start off with along with corn on the cob, mashed potatoes and beans

The food was ok but I missed my steak!!!
After we got filled up with our meal it was time for dessert. There are 3 choices of dessert, you can have one or all three, it comes in a “family” size serving all you care to eat. We went with the cake and cobbler.

This was the saddest dessert I have ever seen in my life! One slice of cake for 3 people to share, is that even real? Now I know we could have asked for more but the service here was horrible! It took forever for our food and then for our dessert I didn’t want to have to wait even longer for another slice of cake. So we finished our meal and used our last table service credit.

Overall I was very disappointed with this meal. I LOVED this place so much but I think that they should go back to the skillet and the other choices. Like I stated throughout this post, I loved the steak, cotton candy milkshake and the apple pie. I probably won’t be coming back for a long time, which makes me so sad because I love love love this resort…

So after a sad meal we walked back to the boat dock to head to the MK. There was a family behind us in line asking us if we were ready for a long night at the magic kingdom. It was like the dad could read our mind. MK till 3am here we come!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #89
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

And All Our Wishes Will Come True

Once we reached the Magic Kingdom it was time to fight the crowds. Most people on Main Street were getting settled for Wishes, our mission was to make our way to the walkway that leads to main street to the tomorrowland walkway.

It took some weaving through people but we finally made it. I sat down because we had some time and I tried to spread out to save room for Alicia and friends. I texted Alicia to come meet us at our usual spot and to hurry because I wasn’t sure how long I could hold these spots.

As we waited I decided to take some castle shots because you can never have even of them!

Alicia, Andy, Keirsten and Primo arrived just in time

When stars are born, they possess a gift or two.
One of those is, they have the power to make a wish come true.

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
They're shining deep down inside of you.
'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

After crying, it was time to hit up some rides and have the night of our lives. Magic Kingdom till 3 AM!!!!!
So because we all know the horrible crowds wishes bring we created a human chain and made out way over to tomorrowland. There we grabbed fastpasses for later that night. From there we walked over to Storybook Circus and got in line to ride a flying elephant.

Here at dumbo they now hand out chips, with these you hand them to the CM went you go on the ride.

Primo and Keirsten didn’t make it on with us, so they had to wait till the next round of people.

I must say I’m a big fan of the water, its so pretty at night!

Our flight was nice and relaxing, just enjoying our view.
Next it was Keirsten & Primo’s turn, as they were loading onto their dumbos we were just hanging out.

Their dumbo flight was cut short because somebody thought it would be a good idea to lift their child up like simba when they were flying. No that is NOT ALLOWED! So the cast members went around to every person and gave them a chip to ride again. Keirsten and Primo passed it up and we moved to the barnstormer.

We waited a good amount of time in line, Chelsea ended up getting out of line to call her mom? She never came back either, I don’t really know why.
It was time to get go on a 5 second ride with the 5 min long walk through the exit.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #90
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Pumpkin spice Ghirardelli? How was that? I have never seen that.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: