Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 09:24 AM   #31
xAshleyx
Mouseketeer

Debra. I have to catch up on all of your posts. But love the rings !!
So great you were able to win free gifts

xAshleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #32
djsmith
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAshleyx View Post
Debra. I have to catch up on all of your posts. But love the rings !!
So great you were able to win free gifts
i'v just caught up on ur PJ, an left a massive comment lol

thanks i cant wait to get my ring in person an b able to wear it for the rest of my life, an i was over the moon wi the free gifts, i like gettin stuff for free/saving money lol

Our Wedding Planning Journal 4th June 2014
Debra Richard
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2985595

Last edited by djsmith; 01-20-2013 at 05:01 AM.
djsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #33
djsmith
Mouseketeer

Wedding Rings are here!!

ok so this morning i got the most exciting piece of mail ever! our wedding rings!!!!! before i post pictures etc I just want to say that the previous picture i posted of the rings is actually wrong. thats not my ring. when the woman came to us with all the rings i had narrowed it down to 2 rings that i liked. When they posted this picture for me i didnt think it was the one i'd picked out of my top 2 but i thought that maybe i'd just forgotten which one i'd finally picked. But now my ring is here i realised they'd posted my second choice but have thankfully sent me the correct ring! so i guess all is well in the end

so here is everything

the necklace i picked for winning their scratchcard prize giveaway thing

again, close up of the diamond details

best man cuff links(free gift)

heart shaped necklace (free gift ) planning to give this to my sister to wear on the day if she wishes or as her bridesmaids gift

diamond earrings (free gifts ) one pair for my sister again to wear on the day if she wishes or as her bridesmaids gift. i think i'l just keep the other pair for myself lol

Now for the rings
Richards ring (in box)

out box

my ring (in box)

out box

i absolutely love my ring so glad i picked it over the other one, have had it on to check the size and it sits perfectly with my engagement ring.
Rich also had his on and it also fits his finger perfectly.

So thats all the excitement of my saturday morning shared with u all. The only other wedding updates i have so far is that richard's sister and brother in law have kindly offered to pay for our invites as a wedding gift for us. i confirmed with her tht this covers all stationary basically so it includes the ceremony invitations, day of programmes(i may possible do these as a DIY myself though if i come up with an idea i'm happy with/able to make) and the evening at home reception invitations. i'm looking for idea samples from local invite makers to see what we want and there is also the possibility that richard's sisters best friend could actually make everything for us. She's very creative and made all her own wedding invites so this could be an option too.

So thats everything wedding related so far, thanks for following along everyone
Debra
xXx

Debra Richard

Last edited by djsmith; 03-14-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #34
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Yay for getting your rings!!! I love your ring, it is so pretty. Your DF's ring is so unique. I think you are so lucky to have won those prizes...they all look great!
Hurrah on the stationary being paid for by your future sister in law. You could probably have awesome stuff made for you on Etsy.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:36 AM   #35
djsmith
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
Yay for getting your rings!!! I love your ring, it is so pretty. Your DF's ring is so unique. I think you are so lucky to have won those prizes...they all look great!
Hurrah on the stationary being paid for by your future sister in law. You could probably have awesome stuff made for you on Etsy.
Thanks I love my ring too i'l admit i was a bit unsure of Richard's when he first picked it but now that its here i think its perfect for him suits his taste perfectly.

Debra Richard
Old 05-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #36
djsmith
Mouseketeer

So i know i'v not updated in a while, been really busy with my brownie unit getting ready for camp and preparing a presentation at work and getting everything ready for the upcoming parents evening at work. But I have a bunch of news for you all.

Firstly Erin from JustMarry! emailed me back this morning to say the Swan hotel had approved our date!!!!
We'll be getting married on the 4th of June 2014 at the west courtyard at the Swan.

(photos from Joanne, hope she doesnt mind me borrowing them!)

Our ceremony will begin at 11am followed by our cake cutting, and a mimosa bar and any toasts if my dad or Richard want to make them. Neither are any good at toasts so we might just not have any. After the ceremony and cake and mimosas we'll do group pictures around the Swan as well as couple pictures then we're going to the polynesian resort for an hour-ish, for more couple photos. We would then head back to the Swan to meet up with our guests again. We're going to have dinner at the swan around 6pm. We're thinking Garden Grove. Any suggestions what we can do/what our guests can do between the mimosas and cake and dinner at night?????

We can now officially book our photography and videography as well
We're using Vicki&David Arnt for photography and PD video for videography.

We can also now book our at home reception. We've been in talks with a planner at the Marriot Hotel in Edinburgh. She's been holding a date for us for the reception (think its the 26th of July 2014). I dont have the best pictures of the room, just these promotional one they sent us when we met the planner at a wedding fair. The room wont be set up quite the same as this. There will be 12 round tables set around a dance floor and we'v spoken to them about playing our video or sllideshow of photos which my planner says they can do.

(where the long top table is we'l hav a round table reserved for us and our immediate family, then there will be a dance floor infront of that with the disco dj at the other end of the dance floor and the rest of the tables around the dance floor.)

We've found the 2 villas we will stay in during the holiday but the uk travel companies are trying to sell their package holidays to florida and want us to take one of their villas or hotels instead of booking our own. So we need to hold off until end of May or June until they release their flight only or flydrive prices.

Originally we wanted to go for 3 weeks but it seems other than me and Richard no one can get the time off work or afford to go to Florida for 3 weeks. So when the prices come out we'll do the maths and decide if we're going to be in Florida for 2 or 3 weeks

We've still not completely decided on what hotel to stay in for our honeymoon yet. At first we wanted to stay at the poly but thats gonna be too expensive, so we're now considering either the Swan or the Caribbean Beach.

I also bought some fishbowls and mirrors which we could use as centerpieces for our at home reception but I'm having a hard time deciding what to put in them. Any ideas????? it'd be great if my brownies could contribute to them or help make the centerpieces in some way. They're aged from 7-10years and are really excited about me getting married and we have lots of wedding related activities planned for them to do next April/May before the wedding. I'm stumped as to what I/they could do for the centerpieces though

I'm now talking to the stationary maker so hoping she can make some save the dates for us and then she can get to work on making the rest of the stationary a little later in the year.

I also have my wedding shoes bought and I get to try my dress on again tomorrow I have a friend who is making a tiara for me as well.

I'm sure there is more to update and more that I need to do but i'l update again when i get a chance to take some pictures of things.

Debra
xXx

Debra Richard

Last edited by djsmith; 05-08-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #37
djsmith
Mouseketeer

another picture of our reception room from a slightly different angle.

when i get a chance to upload some more photos i'l do another update over the next few days

Debra Richard
Old 05-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #38
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Yay for securing your date. I still have three months to wait and it's killing me! Maybe your guests could go mini golf or explore around the boardwalk area in between!
I like the reception site too! I can't wait to see your dress...take pictures so I can see it! And I am so glad you booked the Arndts! They have fabulous photos!! Sorry I missed your last update. I'm a slacker lol.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:41 AM   #39
djsmith
Mouseketeer

Dress and accessories :D

ok so i'v got loads of changes and updates to do today now that i finally have a day with nothing planned And what better thing to start with than the dress
i've been back to the glasgow store and had my dress on another 2 times, once with my two best friends who wont make it to florida and once again with my mum and sister and it is now ordered and being made and should arrive at the store in time for my fittings next year. it comes in 8 weeks before our wedding date and i get two fittings, one to see what alterations need done and one to check everythin is fine once the alterations are done. I need to send a letter to head office to "change" our wedding date as they know it as we'll be flying out before the wedding and i dont want it to arrive too late so i'm changing it because i'm scared it might not be ready in time
anywayz here it is

the website image (this is diamond white mine is ivory)

heres me in my dress, mine wont have the train, it will be altered so it is permanently buttoned up at the back and fanned out in a fan shape since i dont want a train at all lol

not sure on the veil?

close up of neckline

close up of hip detailling sits just above my left hip

I also got my shoes, not exactly what i wanted but i couldnt find anything i liked in a full court shoe so these will do and they're super comfy and quite cute

and finally my tiara i sent a friend of mine who makes jewellary some ideas of tiaras i liked and she totally pulled it out of the bag it came out so much better than i could've expected and i absolutely love it

Debra Richard
Old 06-01-2013, 03:49 AM   #40
djsmith
Mouseketeer

Nails

so i dont get my nails done very often as i need to keep them short and clean for work so i just dont bother making them look nice since any nailart of extensions or nail varnish would just need to get taken off on a monday morning before work.
But for the wedding i definitely want some gorgeous looking nails and i'm not very artist to do it myself so i'v been looking at what local people can do and have found these 3 that i love ............

they'd all be purple to match the flowers and colour scheme i just cant decide which design i like best

Debra Richard
Old 06-01-2013, 04:12 AM   #41
djsmith
Mouseketeer

Stationary/Save the Dates

i'v got some very good feelings about our stationary . I spent ages contacting local people who design and make stationary and ordered various samples to see what options we had. Thankfully all the emails and research paid off and we narrowed it down to these 2 designs

i liked both for different reasons and Richard liked the coloured ones first then after a few days when i asked again he liked the silver one then changed his mind again the next time he was asked. So i showed them to you guys on the swalphin facebook group and some family and friends and again there was no clear winner. So one day we just stared at them until we both agreed on the coloured ones!
Then it was a case of getting the right shade of purple to match the colour scheme so the woman was lovely and sent us almost all the card samples of purple she had until we found one we were happy with.
So after picking the colour and we secured our date I got the woman to do some luggage label save the dates for us and they came out brilliantly the style and colour and font all fit perfectly

since Richards sister and brother in law have very kindly offered to pay for all our other stationary i decided to order these save the dates myself as a suprise for our guests. They werent too expensive since we only have 9 guests which is made up of 4 couples and our nephew Connor so we decided to get their names on them, get Connor one just for him and then one blank one to go in my keepsake box

The only person i'd told that we'd secured our date was my mum as she needed to transfer the money to me so i could pay the deposit so it was a lovely suprise for everyone else. Naturally my mum had to pick faults. I love her to bits but sometimes she cant just be happy and appreciate something and get excited for it. She moaned they were a waste of money and everyone has already "saved the date" since its all close family and we've already confirmed who is all going and that the names were in the wrong place so it made it look like it was the guests inviting us to their wedding not the other way around but i loved them, loved my sisters reaction as she got all excited, as did Connor when we explained to him what it was so i just kept quiet and let it slide to save an argument.

A few days before the save the dates arrived me and Richard discussed the idea of writing a letter to each of our wedding party attendants asking them to be part of our day and explaining why we were so happy they'd be there. But we'd already asked my sister to be the bridesmaid and her partner to be bestman in person before that and I wasnt sure what exactly Connor would be doing as our pageboy just that we wanted him to feel important and be part of it as he's very important to us both. So because it had kind of already been confirmed and we ran out of time before the save the dates arrived etc we gave the letters a miss. Maybe we might do something similar as part of their thank you gifts that we'll give them at the at home reception we'll see.

Debra
xXx

Debra Richard
Old 06-01-2013, 04:21 AM   #42
Turbanator
Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmith View Post
and finally my tiara i sent a friend of mine who makes jewellary some ideas of tiaras i liked and she totally pulled it out of the bag it came out so much better than i could've expected and i absolutely love it
that's a lovely tiara djsmith
Old 06-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #43
djsmith
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
Yay for securing your date. I still have three months to wait and it's killing me! Maybe your guests could go mini golf or explore around the boardwalk area in between!
I like the reception site too! I can't wait to see your dress...take pictures so I can see it! And I am so glad you booked the Arndts! They have fabulous photos!! Sorry I missed your last update. I'm a slacker lol.
so glad i got mine secured the waiting was killing me and when i saw on the facebook group someone had secured a date at the end of june i thought i'd email see if i could get mine too and luckily i did :D
mini golf is one thing i suggested but i'd b mid day, june heat and everyone will have pretty heavy kilts or dresses on so dunno if its gonna b too hot for that. Fiances mum likes the idea of just wandering round the boardwalk exploring and taking pics etc but my mums not so enthused about that idea so i'm still searchin for something that pleases all.
I cant wait to work with the Arndts :D
dont worry bout missing the updates i'v got some catching up to do on urs as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
that's a lovely tiara djsmith
thank you i absolutely love it

Debra Richard
Old 06-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #44
djsmith
Mouseketeer

Kilts

So the bottom line is fiances changed his choice of kilt again! first it was the isle of skye tartan, ,then the modern day black watch tartan and now he's decided on the hebridean thistle tartan. i thought it was women that were meant to be indecisive lol

So we went and actually tried on the black watch and hebridean thistle tartans and it was his choice to change to the hebridean thistle. it looked much better on. So Richard and his best man got measured up then a few days later my dad, Richard's dad and Richards brother in law went and got measured up. Our nephew Connor also wanted his kilt on so he ended up being measured too although he'l have to go back around christmas time and then about a month-2weeks before the wedding to allow for any growing which he will do. (and right now he's desperate to go on jurassic park river adventure in Universal Islands of adventure so he needs to grow another 2 inches before we go! eeek hope he makes it! )

Richard will have the white sporran as in the picture and the rest of the men will have black leather ones.
Richard originally wanted to wear a sash of tartan over his shoulder like this, to set him apart from the other men.

but with him wearing the cream shirt instead of the jacket or waistcoat which it will be too hot for the piece of tartan can only stay in place by coming all the way down the front and tucking into the front of the kilt instead of being fixed at the shoulder as pictured which means theres a lot of tartan down his front. He's got time to decide if he wants to ditch the sash or not.

Debra Richard
Old 06-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #45
djsmith
Mouseketeer

At Home Reception Venue Change

This is both a happy and a sad post! I loved the room that I'd previously posted at the marriott and we almost had the deposit paid and contract signed. Richard wasnt too thrilled with the marriot as he'd only seen it as an empty room, not set up for a wedding reception as i had and as some of you may have seen on the facebook groups he had family moaning in his ear about how much it would cost them in a taxi there and back and that it was far away etc. To be honest all the other locations we'd looked at where about the same distance away and wouldnt have taken any more than 20mins in a taxi which is a pretty decent travel time really . But with Richards side moaning about the distance and taxi costs and then my mum chipped in about how she thought the room was quite dark and maybe some people wouldnt come because it was "so far" out of peoples way and then the room would look empty and lose atmosphere so we got talked into going to see somewhere local to both us and both our families (bout 10 mins in a taxi for everyone ). As we went to view it we had the contract for the marriott in my bag and were planning on going to pay the deposit after we'd seen this place. But when we seen it it blew us away ! its a beautiful hidden gem called eskmills function suite in Musselburgh, East Lothian Scotland and very close to us all like i said.
heres the website photos just dont do this place justice though!

http://www.gheventcatering.com/venue...at%20Eskmills/

it was a lovely elegant room with lots of windows making it very bright and light and giving the room a great feeling. It had round tables as standard (the lack of round tables at previous venues had been a key factor in saying no to many places) a lounge/entrance area and some comfy sofas between the bar and tables/dancefloor where people could chill or our older family members could relax comfortably. Plus plenty places outside and in for photos with the family who did not make it to florida which will be taken by a close friend of ours who is a photographer just starting up his business. They can also do a slideshow of photos or play our wedding video depending what is back in time. They have a moveable wall partition which means they can make the venue as big or small as needed so it wont seem if our numbers increased or too empty if not everyone could make it
I still cant believe we didnt know about this venue and we're so pleased we did find it and now everyones happy its like someone knew we were struggling a little with the marriot and used their magic to bring us to Eskmills
so heres the best pictures i can find

i can happily say that we've signed the contract, paid the deposit and can confirm our at home reception for 18th July 2014

Debra Richard

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: