Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #91
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Yum those donuts look good! I need to try Tusker House!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #92
Sommery
Earning My Ears

We went to Tusker House for dinner in 2009. While the food was great, the service really sucked. It was really busy and our waitress had a bad attitude, like we were bothering her or something. Once we got our drinks, 20 minutes after we ordered them, we never saw our waitress again. We had to flag someone else down to get our check! We went during free dining but had upgraded to deluxe. My mom was a waitress in her younger days so we always tip well, minimum 20%. But I just couldn't bring myself to tip her that much when we basically served ourselves and didn't even get a refill on our drinks! She only got 10% which was still around $15! We loved the food, especially the desserts (banana bread pudding and zebra domes!) but she ruined it for us and we haven't been back.

8/2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
8/2011 - Caribbean Beach Resort
8/2014 - Art of Animation
Sommery is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #93
hobbs6799
Earning My Ears

Really enjoying your reviews. So sorry you both got sick. You have made me want to visit WWoHP!

Beverly

hobbs6799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #94
hobbs6799
Earning My Ears

And I have subscribed

Beverly

hobbs6799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #95
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Great reviews! We've enjoyed many of the places you tried, and I'm a big fan of the make-your-own pasta station and red velvet cake at POR, LOL. We're trying the deluxe plan on our next visit and I'm definitely considering a breakfast reservation at Tusker House, everything (with the exception of your fatty piece of ham ) looks great!

Looking forward to the next update!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #96
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Great reviews

Looking forward to more.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #97
nicole0992
I was born on Mickey's birthday!

Your reviews and pictures are great. I am so sorry that you both were sick on vacation but you certainly had a great attitude about it and didn't let it drag you down. Looking forward to more!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #98
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

Love your reviews and pictures!
Went to WWoHP this past summer. Your pics bring back great memories!
SS to hear about you both being ill. Any idea what caused your DH to get sick? Something he ate?

Wow the doughnuts at Tusker house are Krispy Kreme?
I have always raved about those doughnuts, and how fresh they were. I thought they were made onsite. Didn't realize they were KK doughnuts

I'm heading to WDW for my birthday in March 6 day/7nte, upgraded to DxDDP.
I have ADR's on my B-day at BOG. Can't wait.
Looks fantastic from your pics! tysvm!

Me DS 18

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
MichelleWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #99
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Yum those donuts look good! I need to try Tusker House!
Tusker House was definitely worth it. It's a great choice for a pre-park opening breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommery View Post
We went to Tusker House for dinner in 2009. While the food was great, the service really sucked. It was really busy and our waitress had a bad attitude, like we were bothering her or something. Once we got our drinks, 20 minutes after we ordered them, we never saw our waitress again. We had to flag someone else down to get our check! We went during free dining but had upgraded to deluxe. My mom was a waitress in her younger days so we always tip well, minimum 20%. But I just couldn't bring myself to tip her that much when we basically served ourselves and didn't even get a refill on our drinks! She only got 10% which was still around $15! We loved the food, especially the desserts (banana bread pudding and zebra domes!) but she ruined it for us and we haven't been back.
Pete and I always tip at least 20% too, but we definitely didn't tip our server that much at Tusker House. I would still go back, but hope for a different server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs6799 View Post
Really enjoying your reviews. So sorry you both got sick. You have made me want to visit WWoHP!
WWoHP is really worth a visit. I can't wait to get a chance to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Great reviews! We've enjoyed many of the places you tried, and I'm a big fan of the make-your-own pasta station and red velvet cake at POR, LOL. We're trying the deluxe plan on our next visit and I'm definitely considering a breakfast reservation at Tusker House, everything (with the exception of your fatty piece of ham ) looks great!

Looking forward to the next update!
Breakfast at Tusker House is a great use of a credit, IMO. The frittata is really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Great reviews

Looking forward to more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole0992 View Post
Your reviews and pictures are great. I am so sorry that you both were sick on vacation but you certainly had a great attitude about it and didn't let it drag you down. Looking forward to more!
Glad you're enjoying the reviews! Being sick wasn't much fun, but thankfully it didn't last long for either of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleWDWfan View Post
Love your reviews and pictures!
Went to WWoHP this past summer. Your pics bring back great memories!
SS to hear about you both being ill. Any idea what caused your DH to get sick? Something he ate?

Wow the doughnuts at Tusker house are Krispy Kreme?
I have always raved about those doughnuts, and how fresh they were. I thought they were made onsite. Didn't realize they were KK doughnuts

I'm heading to WDW for my birthday in March 6 day/7nte, upgraded to DxDDP.
I have ADR's on my B-day at BOG. Can't wait.
Looks fantastic from your pics! tysvm!
I'm pretty sure he just picked up a virus somewhere. It wasn't something he ate, because I ended up catching it, too.

Make sure that you tell BoG that you're celebrating your birthday. They only give out the grey stuff for people celebrating something.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

ILikeWaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #100
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Yak & Yeti CS and Riverside Mill

We didn't have a lunch ADR at AK. Pete wanted to go to Yak & Yeti QS. I wasn't really hungry, so Pete and I just split something.

We had the sweet and sour chicken.

The chicken and sauce are both served on top of the rice. I only ate a bite of this, and Pete ate the rest. I didn't like it much, and Pete said he only really ate it because he was hungry. We wouldn't order it again.

We also had the chocolate mousse.

Pete ate all of this. He said it was good, but nothing special.

After lunch, I was really starting to feel bad, so Pete took me back to POR to see if taking a nap would make me feel better. I did feel a lot better after my nap, so we went back to AK for a few hours, then planned to see the Osborne Lights and have a late dinner at Olivia's. After we had ridden Dinosaur a couple of times and Expedition Everest another time, I was feeling really sick. I felt better after sitting for a bit, so I thought it was just motion sickness. We left AK to go to DHS, and I realized that seeing the Osborne Lights was just not going to happen for me that night. Pete took us back to POR and canceled our ADR for Olivia's. I spent the night being sick, just like Pete had a few days earlier.

Pete went to Riverside Mill for dinner that night. He took pictures, but didn't know how to adjust the settings on my camera, so they didn't turn out so great.

He had a turkey sandwich with macaroni salad.

He really liked this. He said he would order it again, if he ran out of options that he wanted to try.

He also had an apple blossom.

Pete said this was delicious. He had every intention of getting another one before we left, but it didn't happen.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 01-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #101
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

La Hacienda de San Angel

The next morning, we had an ADR at Akershus, but I wasn't feeling up to going. I told Pete that he could go without me, but he wasn't interested in going to a Princess breakfast alone (he probably didn't want to go even if I had been feeling well), so he canceled it. Because I was sick, we didn't get charged the cancellation fee.

Pete went to Riverside Mill for breakfast, but didn't take me camera. He spent the morning exploring POR and POFQ while I slept. We had a lunch ADR at Le Cellier, but again, I just wasn't feeling up to it. Pete didn't want to go without me, so we canceled that too. We had a Candlelight Processional Package at La Hacienda de San Angel that night. I was feeling a little better by the late afternoon, so we went to Epcot.

Our reservation at La Hacienda was at 4:30. We checked in at 4:15, and we were seated immediately.

I still wasn't feeling like eating much, so we split an appetizer. We had the queso fundido.

This was melted cheese with chorizo and poblano peppers served with flour tortillas. Pete really liked it, especially the peppers. I didn't like it, which I attribute to not feeling well, because melted cheese is usually right up my alley.

I had the pollo al pastor (achiote marinated chicken served with roasted vegetables, beans and pineapple relish) for my entree.

It was very sweet. It tasted like sugar chicken. Pete tried it, and he agreed. Neither of us ate more than a bite of it.

Pete had the tacos de camerones (fried Shrimp, chipotle lime aioli, cabbage, lime and salsa verde, all served over flour tortilla).

Pete thought these were very average. He said that there was way too much cabbage on them.

We were served rice and beans to share.

I didn't eat any of either. Pete said that they were standard Mexican restaurant rice and beans.

For dessert, we split the empanada de manzana (puff pastry filled with sauteed caramel apples and vanilla bean ice cream with kahlua sauce).

We both thought that this was the best part of the meal. I ate most of the pastry, and Pete ate the ice cream. The pastry was sweet, and the filling had a lot of caramel flavor. It could have used a little more filling, but overall, it was very good.

We didn't use our dining credits to their fullest at this location, but we agreed that we would not return to La Hacienda.

We did a little shopping while we waited for the Candlelight Processional to start. The CM that helped us at the Mexico pavilion was from Merida, which is where Pete and I honeymooned. We chatted for a while, and then he played a special recording for us since we were celebrating our anniversary.

While we were waiting in line for the CP, Pete had a Kaki Gori from Japan.

He had the rainbow kaki gori, which had cherry, tangerine, and melon syrups on it. He said the melon flavor was the best.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 01-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #102
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

Enjoying your reviews and pics. Can't wait to read more!
DLFan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #103
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFan123 View Post
Enjoying your reviews and pics. Can't wait to read more!
Thanks for reading! I'm glad to have you following along.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 01-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #104
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Cinderella's Royal Table

The next morning, we had an ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table. I was so excited to eat in the castle! The other 2 times I had been to WDW, I wasn't involved in the planning, and my parents didn't know they needed to make an advance reservation, so this was a long awaited experience. Unfortunately, my appetite was still non-existent from being sick, and I thought that was I did eat tasted bad.

We checked in and were immediately sent in to get our photo with Cinderella. Then we went up the stairs and we were immediately seated at a two person table by the window overlooking Fantasyland.

We were brought a plate of assorted breads and pastries.

Pete tried all of them. He liked the cinnamon roll things the best and thought the biscuits were a bit dry. I didn't have anything from this plate.

I ordered the traditional breakfast.

This consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and rosemary-lemon roasted potatoes. I didn't like any of it. Pete tried all of it, and he thought it was all pretty standard breakfast food. He didn't like the potatoes, though.

Pete ordered the cream cheese stuffed French toast.

He described it as having a bread pudding consistency. He really enjoyed it, but it wasn't exactly what he was expecting.

I had read in other reviews about couples getting wands, swords, and/or wishing stars. We didn't get any of these. The service here wasn't the greatest, and Pete and I didn't get much interaction with the princesses. Overall, I was a little disappointed in the whole experience, but that may be because my expectations were too high. We might return sometime, but we're not in any rush.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Old 02-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #105
ILikeWaffles
Mouseketeer

Sorry for the lack of updates! I've been super busy, and this has fallen to the back burner. I'll try to get several updates done this weekend.

Pete and I had lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. I was really looking forward to this lunch, if only because I was really looking forward to the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. My appetite was still a little off from being sick, and food still wasn't tasting quite right. This meal didn't go quite according to plan.

Pete and I were wearing anniversary buttons, and our table was decorated when we were seated.

I wasn't hungry enough for an appetizer. Pete had the Tavern Fried Cheese.

He said these were just standard mozzarella sticks.

For his entree, Pete had their special of the day. It was salmon (I think) served over a salad.

He really enjoyed this. He said the fish was some of the best that he's had. He would definitely have ordered this again.

I had the Pilgrim's Feast.

It came with turkey, mashed potatoes, and green beans. I asked for it without gravy. I thought that the turkey and green beans tasted funny, so I just ate some mashed potatoes. They really hit the spot that day. Pete tried the turkey and green beans, and said that they were delicious. He ate quite a bit of them before time to order dessert.

Pete had the Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp for dessert.

He said that this had good flavor. He really liked it, but said that the portion size was kind of small.

I ordered the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.

I don't know why, but it tasted really salty to me. I couldn't eat it. Pete, on the other hand, was delighted that I didn't want to eat it. He devoured the whole thing. He assured me that it was the most delicious thing he had eaten on Disney property.

Pete loved lunch here. He said that he would definitely come back. I had been looking forward to enjoying the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake for so long, and I was so upset that I really didn't enjoy the meal at all. We decided to try to get an ADR for later in our trip, so that I could have another shot at enjoying LTT.
ASMO -Feb. 2014

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: