Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World > Camping Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl

Given a Class A- what do I need to know?

Hi- I haven't had a chance to sped much time on the camping board, but will probably be doing more now- my Dad just gifted us his 36' holiday rambler. In the process of cleaning it up etc now but chomping at the bit to get going! We have a little camping experience as we used to have a 26 ft lightweight travel trailer, but obviously this is in a whole different class! Still overwhelmed at the generous gift. We are planning on short trips until our southwest/California DLR road trip this summer - So, what tips do you have
Old 01-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland_nicole View Post
Hi- I haven't had a chance to sped much time on the camping board, but will probably be doing more now- my Dad just gifted us his 36' holiday rambler. In the process of cleaning it up etc now but chomping at the bit to get going! We have a little camping experience as we used to have a 26 ft lightweight travel trailer, but obviously this is in a whole different class! Still overwhelmed at the generous gift. We are planning on short trips until our southwest/California DLR road trip this summer - So, what tips do you have
Congratulations and to the camping board!

We also own a Class A (had a HR before this one) and we absolutely love it - had many other type RV's before the MH's.

One big thing - it's a lot different driving a MH than towing a trailer. I used to tow our trailers with my dh all the time, but I'm a little intimidated by the *bus* (especially if you tow a vehicle). My advice would be to take a lot of little short drives around your area until you get used to the feel on 2 lane roads (you feel like a *road hog* at first LOL)

Have a great time!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
Michigan
Mom of the Rolling Crew

Location: Westland, MI in the summer Clermont, FL in the Winter

Have the tires checked for cracks. Class A's are nice but something always breaks. This year our furnace blower died.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: